Left or right?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
In the middle.jpg

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
why was the one who believed Jesus and the kingdom saved despite the fact that he acknowledged his sins and acknowledged christs righteousness ?

it seems like since there’s only one Jesus we want to be the one who ended up in paradise with Jesus

“But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:40-43‬ ‭KJV‬‬

seems like we can be either one and both have sinned like we have and the one who hears about the kingdom and believed even into death acknowledging the Lord and acknowledging his own sins ended up where we are all hoping to end up

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
why was the one who believed Jesus and the kingdom saved despite the fact that he acknowledged his sins and acknowledged christs righteousness ?

it seems like since there’s only one Jesus we want to be the one who ended up in paradise with Jesus

“But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:40-43‬ ‭KJV‬‬

seems like we can be either one and both have sinned like we have and the one who hears about the kingdom and believed even into death acknowledging the Lord and acknowledging his own sins ended up where we are all hoping to end up
Totally missed the point... but thanks for looking.

Apparently you have to post about OSAS or the tribulation to get people's attention and have a good discussion around here lol :rolleyes:

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Totally missed the point... but thanks for looking.

Apparently you have to post about OSAS or the tribulation to get people's attention and have a good discussion around here lol :rolleyes:
uh no lol of you read any of my posts you’ll find the osas crowd doesn’t like me much

I was just making the point neither thief was teaching anything but one believed what Jesus taught the other didn’t and one went to be with Jesus the other didn’t

we should believe what Jesus taught and I’m not sure but I think he taught Alot like this

“But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest:

for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:35-37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and then he might teach a self righteous person this regarding a known sinner

Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:47-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

if you notice the sinners always did this

“Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and the self righteous did this and then we’re rebuked as he said

“And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭9:11-

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
uh no lol of you read any of my posts you’ll find the osas crowd doesn’t like me much

I was just making the point neither thief was teaching anything but one believed what Jesus taught the other didn’t and one went to be with Jesus the other didn’t

we should believe what Jesus taught and I’m not sure but I think he taught Alot like this

“But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest:

for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:35-37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and then he might teach a self righteous person this regarding a known sinner

Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:47-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

if you notice the sinners always did this

“Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭15:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and the self righteous did this and then we’re rebuked as he said

“And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭9:11-
Yeah, that's not really what I was going for but that's my fault, I need to change the graphic. Thanks for illuminating that for me.

Like what you have to say tho.

And OSASers don't like me either . :LOL:

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yeah, that's not really what I was going for but that's my fault, I need to change the graphic. Thanks for illuminating that for me.

Like what you have to say tho.

And OSASers don't like me either . :LOL:
yes i assumed that from your posts and never meant to argue your post at all o may have misread the intent I apologize if I offended you at all

God bless BROTHER in CHRIST

Aug 22, 2021
There's a website called politcalcompass.org that adds a vertical Authoritarian/Libertarian axis to the old Left/Right dichotomy. There's a free and anonymous test on there that just takes a few minutes. It's not perfect but it can give you a good idea of how close to the middle, in political terms, you really are.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
There's a website called politcalcompass.org that adds a vertical Authoritarian/Libertarian axis to the old Left/Right dichotomy. There's a free and anonymous test on there that just takes a few minutes. It's not perfect but it can give you a good idea of how close to the middle, in political terms, you really are.
I’ll check into it thanks brother

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
yes i assumed that from your posts and never meant to argue your post at all o may have misread the intent I apologize if I offended you at all

God bless BROTHER in CHRIST
No, no offense at all. I was just expecting the conversation to go in a different direction and it kind of threw me off when it didn't :)