Lefties

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
My cat was named Fluffy and she is a SHE
I am also a SHE i.e. female. But I suppose Lynx knows everything about me. Despite never having met me. Huh.
Just like you know everything about Americans and
Britons, even though you ain't never been around here. ;)
 
Huh, my favourite drummer is/was Karen Carpenter, and I have no idea whether she was left or right-handed or ambidextrous
a fact about carpenter; she won best drummer for the year once when everyone thought bonham should have won. bonham never cared about winning anything, he was beyond that. in an interview, bonham said about carpenter: "she couldn't last 10 minutes with me". my brother, who is a very talented guitarist agreed that he couldn't last a while with bonham because lot's of his fills are tricky & off time, very convoluted. carpenter won because of record sales & that she was a singing-drummer, very rare at the time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
Just like you know everything about Americans and
Britons, even though you ain't never been around here. ;)
Uh, have been to both countries, USA and Canada, and also all the countries in Britannia. Or 'Great Britain' as they called it.

Americans keep trying to make America Great again, but it was never that Great to begin with. Only Britain was Great. Also it has a Princess called Kate, who is also deemed Great.
 
a fact about carpenter; she won best drummer for the year once when everyone thought bonham should have won. bonham never cared about winning anything, he was beyond that. in an interview, bonham said about carpenter: "she couldn't last 10 minutes with me". my brother, who is a very talented guitarist agreed that he couldn't last a while with bonham because lot's of his fills are tricky & off time, very convoluted. carpenter won because of record sales & that she was a singing-drummer, very rare at the time.
Of course, and she was the only gal, so, not much competition.
 
BTW Princess changed her name back to Catherine, and nothing rhymes with Catherine, so she isn't that Great anymore. I mean Catherine is a great name and all, and she can still use it I guess. But why did she go back to Catherine instead of Katherine with a K?

Should I ask her? I should email her, she might tell me.
 
Why does Lynx believe I know everything about Americans and Britons, when clearly I don't? I don't get it.
 
Huh, I found out, through Google, that Prince William is left-handed.
 
Im not confident in my ability to explain this but I will try . Many hundreds of years ago , maybe even also thousands, I don't know , when they built castles with turrets and tall towers , they built staircases in a very specific way . They were spirals and very narrow , so narrow that people going up or down had to do so in single file . This was for defence purposes . They also built them so that if u were going up the staircase it wound clockwise , this effectively blocked your right hand because there was so little room on the right hand as that was where the centre of the corkscrew / spiral was . If u were coming down it was the complete opposite . The spiral was tight on your left hand but , u had plenty of room on the right hand in order to draw your sword and defend the building . So , towers and turrets etc , were hard to attack and take from the bottom and easy to defend from the top . The actual steps u were stood on were elongated triangles , the narrow pointed angle was very narrow on the right for those coming up ( attacking ) and the wide flat side was nice and roomy on the right for those coming down ( defending ) . Hope all that was understandable .
you are knowledgeable on castles! you must have read extensively. i noticed your article because currently, i'm trying to sell a pair of 1800's era castle type "in-out" doors. they are 10' tall, 8' wide, made of oak, very heavy, each has a pane of glass surrounded by a stylish steel frame. they are arch top carriage barn doors truly.
 
Of course, and she was the only gal, so, not much competition.
well, the truth beyond that is they let her win, partly because in the 70's, zeppelin crushed everyone else as far as concert sales, record sales & all else. it's like the labrador retriever winning for so many years back to back, the judges secretly plainly said, "this will get boring if the labs keep winning".
 
you are knowledgeable on castles! you must have read extensively. i noticed your article because currently, i'm trying to sell a pair of 1800's era castle type "in-out" doors. they are 10' tall, 8' wide, made of oak, very heavy, each has a pane of glass surrounded by a stylish steel frame. they are arch top carriage barn doors truly.
Oooo lovely , if I could I would buy them off u . We learned about castles and British and European history from a young age at school , most of what I learned I have forgotten but I remember about the staircases because I thought it was really clever .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Karlon
Yeah... I remember back when I used to think that was lanolin being sarcastic.

Slowly you come to realize the sad truth. That is just stream-of-consciousness.
The sad truth???
Why sad?
 
How could you possibly know that your cat used his left paw first in everything???
:rolleyes:

Did you, like, follow him around every split senond of the day so as not to miss even one tiny movement of his??
:rolleyes:
No, not every split second lol
She would always reach for her cat biscuits with her left paw first.
We would hide the cat biscuits behind something so she could only reach one at a time, and she always used her left paw.
 
Lanolin is a woman in New Zealand. At first I thought she was a troll, trying to intentionally irritate people for her own amusement (and I haven't COMPLETELY ruled it out yet) but it seems like she is just a very socially oblivious but also very bored lady.

She might come through your thread and criticize you for something you said, because she totally misunderstood what you said. Or she might make a surprisingly trenchant observation that you never would have thought of, but once she made it you wonder why you never thought of it. Or she might make a totally unrelated comment about her mother, because you mentioned your mother in one of your posts.

A lot of us used to argue a lot with her, but now most of us just regard her as a force of nature. There goes Lanolin, Lanolin-ing again. You get used to it after a while.

She was gone for a couple years and I actually missed her. It's kinda nice to have her back now.
Socially oblivious???

huh
I don't know what to say about that...
bored, well, that's kinda true.
 
Oooo lovely , if I could I would buy them off u . We learned about castles and British and European history from a young age at school , most of what I learned I have forgotten but I remember about the staircases because I thought it was really clever .
Have you climbed the castle staircases with an actual sword?
I remember climbing the Arc de Triomphe, which was a spiral staircase, carrying my bag (over my shoulder) it was still tiring, maybe less than climbing a ladder, but as I went round and round, it made me a bit dizzy.
 
Im not confident in my ability to explain this but I will try . Many hundreds of years ago , maybe even also thousands, I don't know , when they built castles with turrets and tall towers , they built staircases in a very specific way . They were spirals and very narrow , so narrow that people going up or down had to do so in single file . This was for defence purposes . They also built them so that if u were going up the staircase it wound clockwise , this effectively blocked your right hand because there was so little room on the right hand as that was where the centre of the corkscrew / spiral was . If u were coming down it was the complete opposite . The spiral was tight on your left hand but , u had plenty of room on the right hand in order to draw your sword and defend the building . So , towers and turrets etc , were hard to attack and take from the bottom and easy to defend from the top . The actual steps u were stood on were elongated triangles , the narrow pointed angle was very narrow on the right for those coming up ( attacking ) and the wide flat side was nice and roomy on the right for those coming down ( defending ) . Hope all that was understandable .
I think you did a good job of it Suze.
Gosh, if I didn't know about the length of a normal life span,,,,I'd probably be pretty darn sure that you grew up in one.
Sounds like first-hand knowledge to me!
 
They certainly had towers , Babel of course , I'm guessing they needed a staircase to get up it and Repunzel of course 😜 . Have never tried to climb a completely vertical ladder ? It's rediculously exhausting and probably the reason staircases were invented .
Some thought the tower of Babel was round, or circular, like the leaning Tower of Pisa, and I've seen it depicted as such in paintings, esp of the Renaissance...

But some Bible historians believe it was more like the ancient ziggurats, which were square. Although that doesn't make sense to call them towers. But maybe to them they were, however we never call the Pyramids towers.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Toknow
Have you climbed the castle staircases with an actual sword?
I remember climbing the Arc de Triomphe, which was a spiral staircase, carrying my bag (over my shoulder) it was still tiring, maybe less than climbing a ladder, but as I went round and round, it made me a bit dizzy.
Oh yeah.
You should try the leaning tower of Pisa.
They straightened it out a bit now....
But last time I was going up that spiral staircase I got really dizzy and was kinda hoping I'd meet a knight in shining Armour so he could save me by carrying me back down to safety.

No such luck.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
Oh yeah.
You should try the leaning tower of Pisa.
They straightened it out a bit now....
But last time I was going up that spiral staircase I got really dizzy and was kinda hoping I'd meet a knight in shining Armour so he could save me by carrying me back down to safety.

No such luck.
You need really loooooong hair for that one.
My hair is only to my shoulders.
 
You need really loooooong hair for that one.
My hair is only to my shoulders.
You're a better woman than I am.
Mine is really short.

That's because I'm endeavering to look like charlize Theron.

It ain't workin' out as I had planned.