Lefties

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I think you can carry swords on your back, or use a backpack when travelling so your hands are free. Daggers and some such have holsters, as anyone who has seen the Three Musketeers knows.

I mean I have a holster for my secateurs. It goes on a belt and to my right around my waist so I have easy access.

There is something in the Bible about turning swords into pruning shears (scissors) and plows into lawn mowers, and we would all become gardeners instead of fighting each other.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Toknow
You're a better woman than I am.
Mine is really short.

That's because I'm endeavering to look like charlize Theron.

It ain't workin' out as I had planned.
Are you blonde as well?
Blondes are the ones gentlemen prefer.
 
Edward Scissorhands had both hands as scissors.
I can't cut with scissors using my left hand, though you can get ambidextrous scissors that are equally left and right.
 
Are you blonde as well?
Blondes are the ones gentlemen prefer.
Ohhhhhh.
Maybe THAT'S the problem!

Thanks for the heads up.
We gals need to stick together.

I'm open to any advice I can get.
 
If I recall, I had a gardening boss who was left handed. He would get frustrated with me as I was right-handed and could never hoe probably like he did. I thought it was because I was too short, and the hoes were designed for someone taller.
 
Why does Lynx believe I know everything about Americans and Britons, when clearly I don't? I don't get it.
Well I TOLD you that it would be better if you just put me back on ignore...

You can't say I didn't warn you. :P
 
Lynx you should know by now I don't always do what I'm told.

Especially when being told off by you.
 
I’m both a leftie and a blonde. Where does that leave me? Double dumbed down? 😂
I'd say that puts you in the category of having the possibility of having HUNDREDS of dates, even by an early age!
(gosh I hope I'm on the right thread !)
LOL
 
I’m both a leftie and a blonde. Where does that leave me? Double dumbed down? 😂
Wait what?

I know about the dumb blonde stereotype, but I've never heard of the dumb lefty one.

*Lynx goes off to google something...

Hmm... Statistically slightly higher rate of dyslexia and ADHD, which fueleed the stereotype.

I dunno. One of my uncles is left handed, and back in his childhood days (1950s) teacher would whack your hand with a ruler to try to train you to be right handed. He still has a grudge about that.

But that uncle is currently a millionaire, with a nice house and family, so I guess the childhood teacher trauma didn't hurt him TOO bad. And apparently he ain't so dumb.
 
Wait what?

I know about the dumb blonde stereotype, but I've never heard of the dumb lefty one.

*Lynx goes off to google something...

Hmm... Statistically slightly higher rate of dyslexia and ADHD, which fueleed the stereotype.

I dunno. One of my uncles is left handed, and back in his childhood days (1950s) teacher would whack your hand with a ruler to try to train you to be right handed. He still has a grudge about that.

But that uncle is currently a millionaire, with a nice house and family, so I guess the childhood teacher trauma didn't hurt him TOO bad. And apparently he ain't so dumb.
I think it would have hurt him at the time, and probably did traumatise him. But not to the point where he, like died or had his hand severely damaged., like couldn't use it again.
 
Is your uncle right-handed now thanks to this teacher?
I don't think so.

Left-handed people are just as bright as right-handed but maybe use the right side of their brain more (meant to be more creative). This is because apparently the neurons or wires or nerves or whatever cross over to the other side of the body in the brain. Well I don't know I've never cut open a human body or brain to see inside.
 
It's according to the medical profession or the clinical psychologists or something like that.
 
Left-handed peeps may be more clumsier because they live in a right-handed world. We read from left to right in English mostly, so that accounts for dyslexia.

The adhd is probably something else in the brain going on, like too many things at once or not enough, and so it has to choose the least confusing one or the one that comes first.

I mean what do I know, I'm a righty.
Leftie loosey, righty tighty, according to plumbers.
 
Left-handed peeps may be more clumsier because they live in a right-handed world. We read from left to right in English mostly, so that accounts for dyslexia.

The adhd is probably something else in the brain going on, like too many things at once or not enough, and so it has to choose the least confusing one or the one that comes first.

I mean what do I know, I'm a righty.
Leftie loosey, righty tighty, according to plumbers.
I think the part about reading is wrong. In Japan they read right to left, and dyslexia is statistically slightly more likely with left-handed people there as well. Or at least that's what google just told me.
 
I think the part about reading is wrong. In Japan they read right to left, and dyslexia is statistically slightly more likely with left-handed people there as well. Or at least that's what google just told me.
mm depends on fonts maybe, or...
I know some dyslexics have to have a special ruler so they can read without all the other words distracting them, and they need larger print, and also, the pages have to be an off white colour and not so glarey...so it could be vision problems?
 
My stove/oven is right next to the door which is to the right, I don't know if that makes any difference, but it means I will often use the left hotplates/burners over the right. (4 to a stovetop)
The handles would stick to the left.

Cooks call this 'mise en place'. (look it up, it's French)
The ideal workspace is U shaped, then you can access and do things on both sides, and you have like a working triangle, as it's the most efficient. But if you are working in a commercial or industrial kitchen, they have what they call 'line cooks'. I suppose like an assembly line. I wonder if lefties struggle in the workplace with a set up like this.
 
Your left hand makes an l-shape when you hold it out with your index finger and thumb thats how I mostly tell left from right, and what I would teach children.

Some children may take things literally and think their right hand is ok and their other hand is the wrong one.