Leg hair on women! What do you think?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
What if you shaved just one leg.
Like some people wear just one earring. Yea I dont know why.

Just as I dont get purposely ripped up jeans. Everyone wants to be different and stand out these days its not enough to wear a meat dress and teddy bears onesie outifits or breast implants and tattoos anymore in the celeb world.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
That's not a movement for equality,
that's a movement for equinety.

II Equines, Chapter 4
"And all the Lord's people looked upon the hairy, horse-like girl, and said, Neighhhhh."
I thought she was just being a horse's... um... rump.

K

Kim82

Unless, she has really hairy legs, I don't see why a woman should shave her legs. That seems really weird to me.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Way to pick a topic! Not something I typically think about (maybe twice).

It seems like an exhausting thing to do tbh. Day in and day out for a lifetime?!?!? :eek:
Not ever given it much thought, but wow, the things you just don't think about.

her choice, but I do think hair is more palatable than shadow on a female for some reason.

Consider the shaving ordinance in the OT.

Hair is odd. I like it, but at the same time it has it's pluses and minuses.

I do think it is useful to contemplate body shaming practices and the harm they have done on our psyches. I don't think it's quite so severe on some but image standards are so varied in different cultures.

Don't leggings discourage hair growth? If your mate minded too much wouldn't it be better to do laser hair removal? Or take the masochistic route and wax/pluck ;)

I was once vain enough about the growth in the middle of my brows to wax/ pluck (I realize this is a far less sensitive area) I only shaved it twice but it doesn't grow there visibly anymore and it's been over 10 years. I got complimented once about it...because that's atypical for a guy and apparently the females do notice...my mother was a beautician and was who convinced me to do it lol.

I have no standard as yet of what defines "too much hair". It would just depend. I like to think it wouldn't matter to me either way but how would you know until you met the person?

I do occasionally pluck random hairs but I don't focus on it too much.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If you wear trousers or long skirts or stockings, its not an issue. If you go round in bikini shorts and hot pants all the time then maybe, but the why would you unless you lived in Miami?

In the pacific islands, both women and men wear clothing that covers their legs like a sarong, pareu, or lava lava. They dont walk round in their undies showing off their legs.

Anyway I wouldnt worry about it, it doesnt matter what a guy thinks of it but what exactly does God want you to do with His temple. Does he want you to obssess over it and be high maintenance when theres more important things you can focus on? If it only takes you a minute to shave each week say and its no problem then just do it but if its becomes a weekly hassle with an entire beauty wax routine then forget it.

Also you can wear clothes that have sleeves.

M

Miri

I find the biggest problem is when I
noticed the hairs on my arm turning gray!

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City

I don't think there's anything actually wrong with it, but I like smooth legs on girls, so I don't find it attractive in the least. Even if it became widely accepted from a societal view, I can say with confidence I will never look at a girl with hairy legs and think, "Oh, that's hot." :ROFL:

But, hair is just one of those funny things that maybe matters more than it should. Whether it's leg hair, beards, short vs. long hairstyles, etc., we all like what we like.

H

Hamarr

What about back hair on guys? Yay/nay?

What if I try to style it?

S

Stranger36147

Whatever floats your boat. 👍🏻