Less well-known Rapture verses. The case for the Rapture is compelling.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
I'm surprised at the animosity directed toward individuals who hold an opposing view about a topic that is not a salvation issue. I think more importantly is the need to focus on being prepared to go with Jesus when He does return.

I do, however, think promoting the idea that a rapture will absolutely occur prior to the antichrist coming on scene is a mistake. It could be a tactic of deception that causes people to accept the mark of the beast.
The bible promotes a pretrib rapture.
Authenticated by several in this thread.
Easily defended.

Postrib rapture is impossible as it does not fit.
It fails immediately.
Immediately.
It was started in the early church by a perception of a fallen and scattered jewish nation.
Deception.
They were decieved....and really it APPEARED TRUE.

Again deception.

It is actually postribs that, imo, birthed replacement theology.

Those 2 doctrines are hand in hand.

Deception.

There is no deception in praying and believing as Jesus commanded. Yet postribs ARE NOT expecting and waiting ....or getting ready For the rapture.

The bible ends with the bride and the spirit invoking the rapture.
Act 1 is the very beginnings of the church ...and invokes the rapture as pretrib.
So we see the start and end of the church age with the rapture present. The gt is jacobs trouble.
Israels trouble. The church is gathered...then jacobs trouble.
Postribbers mock and twist that very dynamic. They see it as their duty. " i just don't believe...."

That is last days deception.

Jul 23, 2018
I'm surprised at the animosity directed toward individuals who hold an opposing view about a topic that is not a salvation issue. I think more importantly is the need to focus on being prepared to go with Jesus when He does return.

I do, however, think promoting the idea that a rapture will absolutely occur prior to the antichrist coming on scene is a mistake. It could be a tactic of deception that causes people to accept the mark of the beast.
rapture can happen AFTER the ac is revealed.
Revealed is what the bible says.
Revealed is before "seated".
That would definately be pretrib rapture.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
No ... "after the tribulation .... they will see the Son of Man coming in the CLOUDS with greta power and glory ... and He shall send forth His angels to gather His elect
The Church Is The (Elect) Of God

1 Peter 1:2KJV
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Thessalonians 1:3-4KJV
3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

1 Peter 5:13KJV
13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Now they think that Jesus sending out angels to gather His elect is not the rapture per Matthew 24:29-31.

Guess what happens in the rapture? The elect are gathered from the Earth. It's the same thing.

1 Thessalonians 4:14-17

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
They falsely teach the (Elect) in Matthew 24:29-31 is the (Jew) removing the gathering as being the Church, because it takes place (Immediately After The Tribulation)

Of course this gathering is the Elect Church in the second coming, seen throughout scripture, 1 Thess 4:15-17, 1 Cor 15:51-54, Rev 14:14-20. Matthew13:36-43, "Several Places"

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Easily defended.

It fails immediately.
Immediately.
It was started in the early church by a perception of a fallen and scattered jewish nation.
Deception.

Again deception.

It is actually postribs that, imo, birthed replacement theology.

Those 2 doctrines are hand in hand.

Deception.

There is no deception in praying and believing as Jesus commanded. Yet postribs ARE NOT expecting and waiting ....or getting ready For the rapture.

The bible ends with the bride and the spirit invoking the rapture.
Act 1 is the very beginnings of the church ...and invokes the rapture as pretrib.
So we see the start and end of the church age with the rapture present. The gt is jacobs trouble.
Israels trouble. The church is gathered...then jacobs trouble.
Postribbers mock and twist that very dynamic. They see it as their duty. " i just don't believe...."

That is last days deception.
More one liners without scripture to support the claims

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
That would definately be pretrib rapture.
More one liners without scripture to support the claims

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com

Paul says the Jews also are elect and beloved for the gifts and call of God are without repentance.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Paul says the Jews also are elect and beloved for the gifts and call of God are without repentance.
Right. (y)

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness [/a hardening] in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in [G1525].
['FULNESS of' not 'TIMES OF the Gentiles,' which phrase is distinct]

26 And so [/thus / in this manner] all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. [*Zechariah 9--see below--and other passages in Isaiah]

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance/irrevocable.

[*Zech9:11-12 - "11 As for you, because of the blood of My covenant, I will release your prisoners from the waterless pit. 12 Return to your stronghold, O prisoners of hope; even today I declare that I will restore to you double." (See Ezek37:1-28 "dry bones" prophecy; Jer31:17; Ps40:2; Isa61:7 "Instead of shame, My people will have a double portion, and instead of humiliation, they will rejoice in their share; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs." )]

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^
"whom indeed it behooves heaven to receive until the TIMES of restoration of all things of which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from the age." Acts 3:21 [Peter, speaking to "ye men of Israel," per v.12]

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?" Acts 1:6 (and note Jesus' response re: its TIMING... which was their question)

Jan 31, 2021
You haven't YET shown this. And the spiritualized parable fails to convince reasonable people.

Not.

Easily defended.
Hasn't been yet.

It fails immediately.
Immediately.
Deception.
Opinions are cheap. A dime a dozen. Scripture SAYS the gathering is post trib.

Jan 31, 2021
Wow. An admission of a post trib rapture. I thought your pretrib view is the rapture occurs BEFORE the Trib??

The Bible says the a/c or Beast doesn't rule the earth until the middle of the trib.

They can easily be the same thing. But all that spiritualizing clouds things a bit, huh.

Jan 31, 2021
They falsely teach the (Elect) in Matthew 24:29-31 is the (Jew) removing the gathering as being the Church, because it takes place (Immediately After The Tribulation)
Paul taught that all believers are ONE in Christ, meaning, no jew or Gentile. So your opinion is WRONG.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
If I understand what you are saying here (and I could be misunderstanding you), I agree that "the man of sin BE REVEALED" takes place much earlier in the chronology than his "OPPOSETH... EXALTETH... SITTETH" point in time 2Th2:4.

[I disagree that he is "revealed" prior to "our Rapture / THE Departure" of us IN THE AIR... but I agree he is not "revealed" at the MID-trib point in the v.4 setting... NO. Rather, in the "whose COMING [/ARRIVAL / ADVENT / PRESENCE / parousia]" point in time in the chronology (2Th2:9a/8a)... which parallels a number of other correlating passages speaking of the same point in time (not MID-trib... but at the START of the 7-yrs)]

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Paul taught that all believers are ONE in Christ, meaning, no jew or Gentile. So your opinion is WRONG.
You Deny The Very Clear Words Of God Before Your Eyes

2 Peter 1:10KJV
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
You Deny The Very Clear Words Of God Before Your Eyes
No, I actually READ and UNDERSTAND The Very Clear Words of God, unlike yourself.

Gal 3:28 - 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

So, you DON'T believe the verses I included that actually describes Jesus, the nation of Israel and angels as elect????

2 Peter 1:10KJV
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
All these verses refer to NT believers, who are also described as being chosen or elect.

Why do you deny the other examples of who the "elect" are?

Jul 23, 2018
If I understand what you are saying here (and I could be misunderstanding you), I agree that "the man of sin BE REVEALED" takes place much earlier in the chronology than his "OPPOSETH... EXALTETH... SITTETH" point in time 2Th2:4.

[I disagree that he is "revealed" prior to "our Rapture / THE Departure" of us IN THE AIR... but I agree he is not "revealed" at the MID-trib point in the v.4 setting... NO. Rather, in the "whose COMING [/ARRIVAL / ADVENT / PRESENCE / parousia]" point in time in the chronology (2Th2:9a/8a)... which parallels a number of other correlating passages speaking of the same point in time (not MID-trib... but at the START of the 7-yrs)]
I mostly agree.

My point is " revealed" is extremely lose.
It is different than "in power".
Jesus was " revealed" ahead of his actual walking in ministry.
Same with the ac. For us that are walking with God, we see things ahead of their manifestation.
Things are revealed to his people.
The mysteries were shown to his flock. Those outside were cloaked in mystery.

But the "powerpoint" is that either way, the pretrib rapture fits like a glove. ( either way meaning 'departure' vs ' falling away'....or literal vs implied.
I say implied because the actual word is simply "from standing"...not hyper apathy.

Jul 23, 2018
Wow. An admission of a post trib rapture. I thought your pretrib view is the rapture occurs BEFORE the Trib??

The Bible says the a/c or Beast doesn't rule the earth until the middle of the trib.

They can easily be the same thing. But all that spiritualizing clouds things a bit, huh.
No clouds mean clouds and revealed means revealed.

In your world the ac is actually IN POWER KILLING BELIEVERS AND RECIEVING WORSHIP ( the mark being a form of worship)...THEN REVEALED. ( no joke...you have him revealed way into his actual installment in power)

Silly beyond belief