Lesson 2: Life is a precious gift!

  • Thread starter Thread starter lost_suzie
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lost_suzie

Guest
Life Is a Precious Gift
Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being (Genesis 2:7) A s we walk along with God He teaches His children that life is a gift.

My parents had six children in six and a half years. First, three sons were born (David, Stephen, Gary), and then three daughters (Cheryl, Marcia, Marilee). As a child I learned that every life is a precious gift, an important lesson for life and ministry. An early memory of this lesson happened in our 1958 Christmas celebration. I was about four years old and the season was exciting.

It was joyful because it was Jesus’ birthday, we had each other, and presents were expected under the tree on Christmas morning. Family preparations felt strange, though, because our mom was away for a few days. I didn’t understand why she was gone but I missed her.

I went to bed Christmas Eve excited about the next day. When morning came my father lined us up for the annual tradition of having the children’s picture taken standing on the stairway in descending order of age. We then ran into the living room to see the lighted tree and the presents under it, and there to my surprise was my mother, having returned from the hospital the previous night. And under the tree with other gifts piled around was a new baby sister named Marcia. I cannot recall any other gifts received that Christmas, but I understood that day that my all, I must do the same.

One of the best parts of learning this lesson has been realizing that when God makes us His children, He gives us brothers and sisters too. To Him we are family!

The Bible teaches this in Ephesians 1:3-6: Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

In love he predestined us to for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will – to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. I was blessed to learn this important lesson as a child and to apply it all through the years.

When we walk with God He teaches us that life is a gift.
Life Application Questions:
1. Do you know that you are a precious gift of God and everyone with whom you lock eyes is also precious to Him?
2. How does this affect the way you think of yourself and others?
3. What response is the Holy Spirit asking of you now?
 
Oh how amazing it is to know that us being here together on earth is a precious gift. A gift like no other! And how amazing it is to know that I have many brothers and sister, all related by the blood of Jesus Christ who died for us.

I have to say that I am grateful that God made me and chose me to live in this life and on this planet. sometimes life throws a few curveballs hitting us unexpectedly. but I need to know that its His way of showing me I can survive all of it. so from now on I will stand tall, stand proud and lift my hand to Him, letting Him take the wheel. just like that song :
Jesus take the wheel,
Take it from my hands,
Because I cant do this on my own...

Let me start the questions
1)Like ive said before. I am grateful to know now that my life is a precious gift, that all our lives are the biggest gift.
2) I am now only seeing that my life, well all of our lives, means something. I should start loving myself because God loves me.
And lastly nr 3.....
there is so many request im hearing from Him today... I feel joyful, peaceful...
I know He wants me to live life to the fullest. sharing to those who is lost just like me that He gave us life and that He loves us. no matter what!

Heavenly Father
Thank You for this precious gift. And Thank You for loving me this much. I know I cant give You a gift so amazing like this. But I know all You want is my heart. So this is me... Giving You all of me. Thank You Thank You Thank YOU!
Amen