Lessons From a Bench

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hoss2576

Senior Member
May 10, 2014
552
23
18
The other day I was sitting on a bench in front of the YMCA. As I sat there, I was reflecting on some things going on in my life. As what tends to happen, I began to think about the places where I had failed in my life, and I thought about all of the mistakes I had made. Having a friend leave this world just last week, I guess I was still in that questioning fog we go through when a tragic event comes out of nowhere.
.
I sat there for what seemed like twenty minutes when I happened to look down at my feet. There by the toes of my shoes on the concrete it was, a broken rubber band. I swear it wasn’t there earlier, but now this fat broken rubber band lay at my feet. As I looked at it though, I noticed something. The way it landed caused it to look just like the Christian fish symbol. Here I am sitting, thinking of my many mistakes and I am yet again reminded of how Christ is there for me.

.
God has a sense of humor though. Because my little rubber band fishy, well, he looked kinda fat. He was a fat fishy. My rubber band fishy looked more like a whale than just a regular fishy. I couldn’t help but smile, because the whale brought to mind Jonah , and the mistake he made when he told God that he didn’t want to go preach in Ninevah. Jonah ran the other way and ended up in the belly of “a great fish.” God gave Jonah another chance; He didn’t just give up on him.

.
He doesn’t give up on me. As I sat there feeling better than when I first sat down, it was as if I heard Him tell me, “Stacy, I love you. I will always pick you up and knock off the dust, and We will do it again, but I will not give up on you.” He isn’t just the God of the 2nd chance or the 3rd chance; He is the God of the 435th chance. How cool is that!
 

Attachments

  • 61d360a8411df47ed97c8d0174a2bab9.jpg
    61d360a8411df47ed97c8d0174a2bab9.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 184