J
Jullianna
Guest
Lessons learned in the middle of the night are never pleasant, are they? Maybe that's the only time God can get us to shut up long enough to learn something. Part of that whole "be still" thing...
I've never used this function before. Seems like as good a time as any. So I'll just leave this here as a reminder to myself.
Have you ever done something you knew was wrong for what you thought was a "right" or protective reason? Like tell a "white lie" or two (or more) in a way you thought might be protecting others? Yeah...I thought so. Most people have. A LOT.
What if you discovered that a couple of people were highly abusive to others...an actual danger to people you cared about deeply...would you seize the opportunity to teach them a lesson? Yeah. I thought so.
But...guess what. Doing a wrong thing for a seemingly "right" reason is still WRONG. I've learned that. The ends doesn't always justify the means, even though, in LE, they teach the opposite.
Even if what you do brings about change for the better in individuals (even if they still portray themselves as martyrs to others), it's.still.wrong.
So, I'm so very glad that God gives us an opportunity to confess these things to Him and those closest to us...our accountability folks, to bring about change and healing in us (and the "martyrs"), and to bring about good for those who love and trust in Him from the mistakes we make.
I've never used this function before. Seems like as good a time as any. So I'll just leave this here as a reminder to myself.
Have you ever done something you knew was wrong for what you thought was a "right" or protective reason? Like tell a "white lie" or two (or more) in a way you thought might be protecting others? Yeah...I thought so. Most people have. A LOT.
What if you discovered that a couple of people were highly abusive to others...an actual danger to people you cared about deeply...would you seize the opportunity to teach them a lesson? Yeah. I thought so.
But...guess what. Doing a wrong thing for a seemingly "right" reason is still WRONG. I've learned that. The ends doesn't always justify the means, even though, in LE, they teach the opposite.
Even if what you do brings about change for the better in individuals (even if they still portray themselves as martyrs to others), it's.still.wrong.
So, I'm so very glad that God gives us an opportunity to confess these things to Him and those closest to us...our accountability folks, to bring about change and healing in us (and the "martyrs"), and to bring about good for those who love and trust in Him from the mistakes we make.