Let’s read Proverbs together!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
“Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you. “Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me. Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the Lord, They would have none of my counsel And despised my every rebuke. Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way, And be filled to the full with their own fancies. For the turning away of the simple will slay them, And the complacency of fools will destroy them; But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil.””
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭1:24-33‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

WOW! God makes a point to let us know He reaches out to all of us. He gives the opportunity to answer his call TO ALL.

I am so joyful I answered ☎️!

This passage is SAVAGE! 🔥

oyster67

May 24, 2014
This passage is SAVAGE!
Yes indeed. It is good to see all the facets and attributes of God.

Hebrews
10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
10:31 [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
“Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you. “Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me. Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the Lord, They would have none of my counsel And despised my every rebuke. Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way, And be filled to the full with their own fancies. For the turning away of the simple will slay them, And the complacency of fools will destroy them; But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil.””

WOW! God makes a point to let us know He reaches out to all of us. He gives the opportunity to answer his call TO ALL.

Evil will try to make you fear you dont belong to God
And if we have faith, we know thats not true.

It takes strong faith and wisdom and age of maturity in training the eyes of your heart to not be fooled by evil and overcome fear evil can cause, Evil will make people fear everyday, Especially Gods wrath, or punishment from God and other people, or threat from other people. Evil can make a person develop soical anxiety and have you allways worried about something, until you develop anxiety issues. as the mind struggles to make sober Judgement when in fear. Children are so easily led astray this way, especialy trickery that your a chicken if you dont do as i do. Through lack of wisdom and fear people make the wrong choice Or through the enemies trickery tricking a persons thoughts, People will be decieved.

This enemy is every where deploying fear all with the same ability to apear as an angel of light or a living person and clone there surroundings anywhere including open air, I would estimate there to be billions of bad cherubim. With some setting them selfs up as leaders of different faiths. We are at war against an invisible enemy and we need spiritual eyes to see, and wisdom in training the spiritual eyes of the hearts, which is not talked about anywhere. Our churches are asleep on this matter, and are failing.

It took an amazing mirracle i witnessed from God to really secure my Faith and years of study to learn how to train the eyes of the heart and to identify the fear that evil causes and the healthy fear the lord wants us to have. A lot of people dont have this luxury untill theyve devolped a load of emotional scars.
Mental abuse is the enemies favorite, where in return people end up mentaly abusing each other. Fear of Failure is what the enemy loves. and making people fail is what hes good at, because then the enemy can beat you up afterwards. the enemy loves to play God for the wrong reasons. and leave the wrong impression Of God for hateful reasons.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

The inspired word of God is written, as instructions, as to how God wants his "sheep" those that have been secured a home in heaven by Christ's death on the cross. It is not written to "all", only to his sheep that can hear his voice, John 10.

BonnieClaire

Jul 1, 2021
Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. ~KJV

. . .and reading Proverbs sure beats listening to the fake news!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
When Jesus calls us he does not look at our sins or ways we do not follow his counsel when he offers us eternal life. It is as if we are dead to sin, Jesus forgives us based on our faith.

These wonderful verses explain that we, as saved through faith, need faith in his counsel and to follow that.

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
“My son, if you receive my words, And treasure my commands within you, So that you incline your ear to wisdom, And apply your heart to understanding; Yes, if you cry out for discernment, And lift up your voice for understanding, If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, And find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly; He guards the paths of justice, And preserves the way of His saints. Then you will understand righteousness and justice, Equity and every good path. When wisdom enters your heart, And knowledge is pleasant to your soul, Discretion will preserve you; Understanding will keep you, To deliver you from the way of evil, From the man who speaks perverse things, From those who leave the paths of uprightness To walk in the ways of darkness; Who rejoice in doing evil, And delight in the perversity of the wicked; Whose ways are crooked, And who are devious in their paths; To deliver you from the immoral woman, From the seductress who flatters with her words, Who forsakes the companion of her youth, And forgets the covenant of her God. For her house leads down to death, And her paths to the dead; None who go to her return, Nor do they regain the paths of life— So you may walk in the way of goodness, And keep to the paths of righteousness. For the upright will dwell in the land, And the blameless will remain in it; But the wicked will be cut off from the earth, And the unfaithful will be uprooted from it.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭2:1-22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:5-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
“Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life. Put away from you a deceitful mouth, And put perverse lips far from you. Let your eyes look straight ahead, And your eyelids look right before you. Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭4:23-27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
When Jesus calls us he does not look at our sins or ways we do not follow his counsel when he offers us eternal life. It is as if we are dead to sin, Jesus forgives us based on our faith.

These wonderful verses explain that we, as saved through faith, need faith in his counsel and to follow that.
God saves us eternally by his sovereign grace, without any action on the part of mankind.
We are all born into this world by natural birth, dead in sins, due to Adam's offense. We all are but natural beings, having no righteousness of our own, and the only faith that we have is in mankind and what he accomplishes. 1 Cor 2:14.

Spiritual faith, which comes as a fruit of the Holy Spirit, is given to us by God putting the Holy Spirit within us as he quickens us to a new spiritual life, Eph 2, we then have the imputed righteousness of Christ, as we are in Christ and he is in us.

BonnieClaire

Jul 1, 2021
Proverbs 11:10

When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices;
when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy. ~NIV

...this could be good advice for many Leftist run cities

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Not sure that 'righteous' literally means 'right wing' in politics - I am certain that 'righteous' just means the opposite of 'wicked'.

Book of Proverbs is always good reading though.

BonnieClaire

Jul 1, 2021
Proverbs 23:24
The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. ~KJV

...sounds like Jesus and his Father

BrokenSparrow

Sep 12, 2016
Proverbs 3
21 My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion:

22 So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.

23 Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.

24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

25 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.

26 For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Proverbs 8

34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Proverbs 20:24

A man’s steps are from the LORD;
how then can man understand his way?​

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Proverbs 28:9

If one turns away his ear from hearing the law,
even his prayer is an abomination.​