Let’s talk!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is it hard to find a partner during Covid?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No I’ve happily found someone

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
The flirting is with @1ofthem. Flirted to get the girl and continue do so because I love to flirt with her because I love her. So that is what the conversation was about between @Live4Him3 and myself.
:eek:

You've let the cat (or should I say "the butterfly"?) out of the bag.

I hope that it works out well for the two of you.

She's a great catch.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont really pay much attention sorry dont know who that is.

There are too many people on this forum lol

If it was just a two person forum (or only two people can post on a thread at once) then maybe it would work. Just get a matchmaker to pair you up with someone and then talk, like those awkward rooms the host drops you into on zoom.

You two are going in the green room
You two are in the red room

etc etc

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
:eek:

She's a great catch.
Could not agree more my brother she is a good woman. While it is no ones business we as Christians we date to mate. We are under obligation if we do pursue dating and mating it comes with responsibilities. We are warned in the bible if we chose to take on certain things they come with responsibilities. The bible calls us a fool if we don't not understand the responsibilities. What man building a house does not first weigh the cost. The man that does not is a fool and makes himself a mockery. Ultimately any man that lays his hand to the plow and then turns back he is not worthy. He is a fool, a mockery, and not worthy. Because the fact is there are responsibilities and if you willingly take them on, then you are accepting the cost and the obligations. Which that is your choice. Which the Lord is his wisdom in Proverbs tells us if a man swears let him swear to his own hurt.

Because I did flirt publicly and in the style that I did when @1ofthem flirted back with me answering my chase of her in my style which is publicly. She doing so made herself vulnerable to me and peoples opinions. Which she is a woman and a woman's reputation is important to her. Evidence of that is all around us girl's will go so far to take their own life when other girls on social media destroy her reputation. Because women do care about their reputation it makes them vulnerable.

@1ofthem of them has a good reputation as yourself and @GaryA would attest as well I am sure others would as well. I made her vulnerable by publicly flirting and she answering my call. The bible says abstain from all appearances of evil. Our obligation goes that deep and to that extreme to even go as far as just appearance.

So understanding these truths when @Lanolin made her reply. It can read in appearance that perhaps she thought I was flirting with her and she missed it. She and is no secret here at all will just say whatever pops in her head goes to her fingers gets typed out for all to read. So odds are that was not her intention cause she just randomly posts whatever pops in her head. So I lay no accusation to her or attempt to define her actions in anyway or even care to.

However, it can appear in the way that I said and be read that way as I have said. Which that is what I am concerned with is simple appearance and my obligation to go as far to even correct appearance because @1ofthem has been made vulnerable by myself. So in appearance she could been seen as fool because I go around and flirt with other women making a fool of her.

So I want to correct appearance as that is my duty and obligation by making her reputation vulnerable. Again laying no accusations or charges at anyone just clearing up appearance because it is my obligation to do so. A obligation that comes from love and the acceptance of the duties and responsibilities that a man has under love to ultimately protect the woman he wants to call his and to call her by his own very last name. As we are told if we are to pursue to the final destination which as Christians is mating. Then ultimately we have to love to the extent that Christ did for us his church. So I just want to make sure that even in appearance it is known that @1ofthem is the only one and she alone has my attention and she alone gets my time and energy of flirting or anything else a man can give to one woman alone and exclusive.

So why I did so bro so to make sure I protect her vulnerabilities and to make sure since I of my own free will chose to flirt publicly, I of my own free will make sure I correct any appearance that could say otherwise publicly. To go to the extent and do so in the same public fashion that I chose and continue to do so in public.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well I dont think you were flirting with me @stilllearning

if you were flirting with someone I dont know, it seems to me you just post random stuff sometimes. Thats why I thought you were blurting not flirting. And if you wanted to share your personal life with everyone on the forum...well, here we are eating popcorn I suppose

still I have no idea who you are on about though

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Could not agree more my brother she is a good woman. While it is no ones business we as Christians we date to mate. We are under obligation if we do pursue dating and mating it comes with responsibilities. We are warned in the bible if we chose to take on certain things they come with responsibilities. The bible calls us a fool if we don't not understand the responsibilities. What man building a house does not first weigh the cost. The man that does not is a fool and makes himself a mockery. Ultimately any man that lays his hand to the plow and then turns back he is not worthy. He is a fool, a mockery, and not worthy. Because the fact is there are responsibilities and if you willingly take them on, then you are accepting the cost and the obligations. Which that is your choice. Which the Lord is his wisdom in Proverbs tells us if a man swears let him swear to his own hurt.

Because I did flirt publicly and in the style that I did when @1ofthem flirted back with me answering my chase of her in my style which is publicly. She doing so made herself vulnerable to me and peoples opinions. Which she is a woman and a woman's reputation is important to her. Evidence of that is all around us girl's will go so far to take their own life when other girls on social media destroy her reputation. Because women do care about their reputation it makes them vulnerable.

@1ofthem of them has a good reputation as yourself and @GaryA would attest as well I am sure others would as well. I made her vulnerable by publicly flirting and she answering my call. The bible says abstain from all appearances of evil. Our obligation goes that deep and to that extreme to even go as far as just appearance.

So understanding these truths when @Lanolin made her reply. It can read in appearance that perhaps she thought I was flirting with her and she missed it. She and is no secret here at all will just say whatever pops in her head goes to her fingers gets typed out for all to read. So odds are that was not her intention cause she just randomly posts whatever pops in her head. So I lay no accusation to her or attempt to define her actions in anyway or even care to.

However, it can appear in the way that I said and be read that way as I have said. Which that is what I am concerned with is simple appearance and my obligation to go as far to even correct appearance because @1ofthem has been made vulnerable by myself. So in appearance she could been seen as fool because I go around and flirt with other women making a fool of her.

So I want to correct appearance as that is my duty and obligation by making her reputation vulnerable. Again laying no accusations or charges at anyone just clearing up appearance because it is my obligation to do so. A obligation that comes from love and the acceptance of the duties and responsibilities that a man has under love to ultimately protect the woman he wants to call his and to call her by his own very last name. As we are told if we are to pursue to the final destination which as Christians is mating. Then ultimately we have to love to the extent that Christ did for us his church. So I just want to make sure that even in appearance it is known that @1ofthem is the only one and she alone has my attention and she alone gets my time and energy of flirting or anything else a man can give to one woman alone and exclusive.

So why I did so bro so to make sure I protect her vulnerabilities and to make sure since I of my own free will chose to flirt publicly, I of my own free will make sure I correct any appearance that could say otherwise publicly. To go to the extent and do so in the same public fashion that I chose and continue to do so in public.
It's admirable of you to defend her reputation, and I'll defend it as well.

As I'm assuming you already know, she and I have been online friends for a while. Nowadays, we speak very infrequently, and that's primarily to share prayer requests with each other. In the past, however, she and I did have some pretty deep conversations about the things of God, and I'm personally convinced that her heart is truly after the Lord and his will for her life.

Women like her don't come around too often, and I've been praying for you two since I first recognized the flirting myself and asked her about the same. Anyhow, may God's will be done in both of your lives.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Is really not obvious

Women dont really flirt using words
Its more like the eyes (which is why you cant really do it online on a forum)

Just because someone posts a lot or talks a lot doesnt mean they are flirting, they just blurting stuff out loud, or bantering which is just normal conversation with most people. We dont want to mate with you sorry otherwise the fun of having a conversation would only ever be restricted to spouses and we know they dont ever talk to each other

;)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its @Ysabel 's thread

so she gets to call the shots, I'm sure she can have a deep spiritual conversation with anyone she wants to on here and it wont be misconstrued as flirting.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
The flirting is with @1ofthem. Flirted to get the girl and continue do so because I love to flirt with her because I love her. So that is what the conversation was about between @Live4Him3 and myself.
Huh...?

Do I know you?

Did I miss something?

I had no idea you were flirting with me ;):)

LOL:p

Just kidding...You know I love you too. :love:

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016

She's a great catch.
t's admirable of you to defend her reputation, and I'll defend it as well.

As I'm assuming you already know, she and I have been online friends for a while. Nowadays, we speak very infrequently, and that's primarily to share prayer requests with each other. In the past, however, she and I did have some pretty deep conversations about the things of God, and I'm personally convinced that her heart is truly after the Lord and his will for her life.

Women like her don't come around too often, and I've been praying for you two since I first recognized the flirting myself and asked her about the same. Anyhow, may God's will be done in both of your lives.
Thanks, for the compliments. You have been a good friend and I think very highly of you. You are a good man and one who truly lives for the Lord. Your screen name is completely fitting...You do live for Him (Christ) and I can definitely attest to that. So thanks again for being such a good friend and for all the prayers.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016

Wow...I don't even know what to say. You have the ability to make me speechless. All I can say is that you are such a blessing and I thank the Lord for you. You are exactly what scripture defines that a man should be and I love, trust, and respect you completely. So as I've said many times before you are the best...:)

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Thanks, for the compliments. You have been a good friend and I think very highly of you. You are a good man and one who truly lives for the Lord. Your screen name is completely fitting...You do live for Him (Christ) and I can definitely attest to that. So thanks again for being such a good friend and for all the prayers.
:oops:

Are you trying to ruin my reputation of being an ogre?

All joking aside, I'm sincerely hoping and praying that everything works out well for the two of you.

As I've said here before, although I've dropped out of the dating world myself, I'm still genuinely thrilled whenever I see others find love.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
@1ofthem of them has a good reputation as yourself and @GaryA would attest as well I am sure others would as well.
Absolutely!

@1ofthem and myself are/were only ever just friends. And, I am quite happy to attest to her good reputation. I believe her to be a good Christian woman. I am glad that we are friends.

I sincerely hope that everything works out for the two of you according to the will of God.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I was only ever friends...?

as if friendship is somehow lesser than everything else

Friendships are important, dont put friendship down

There needs to be a book on how you can be friends with more than one person. A lot of children dont understand how that can work. Many seem to think that you can only be friends with one person at a time.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I was only ever friends...?
At no point in time was I in pursuit of her for anything "beyond" [just] friendship.

At the same time - at every moment - I have tried to be a friend [to her].

And - "always a gentleman"...

And - I do value the friendship.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
mmm I think the best way to say you are friends with someone is to say 'we are great friends!'

not 'just friends'

Did Jesus ever say to Mary or Martha 'we are just friends'
or his disciples. You guys are just friends.

How about Moses or Abraham. God is 'just a friend?'.

Dont ever put down a friend. To be called a friend is high praise indeed.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
At no point in time was I in pursuit of her for anything "beyond" [just] friendship.

At the same time - at every moment - I have tried to be a friend [to her].

And - I do value the friendship.
Thanks, Gary. I value our friendship as well. You were/are always a gentleman and a good friend.

I'm not sure what Lanolin is going on about.

Seems some people just like to argue and nit-pick.

I assume most people understand what referring to someone as "just a friend" means and that it is not a putdown.

Anyhow, thanks again Gary for being such a good friend. You are a good example of a true Christian and are a light.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
I just had a flashback to something that my Algebra teacher in high school used to say to me.

He'd begin by addressing the class at large and saying, "I need a gentleman and a scholar to answer this question".

Then he'd call me by my name...and tell me to go out into the hallway to see if I could find a gentleman and a scholar.

Nobody loves me. Everybody hates me. I think I'll eat some worms.

lol.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
mmm I think the best way to say you are friends with someone is to say 'we are great friends!'

not 'just friends'

Did Jesus ever say to Mary or Martha 'we are just friends'
or his disciples. You guys are just friends.

How about Moses or Abraham. God is 'just a friend?'.

Dont ever put down a friend. To be called a friend is high praise indeed.
I'm pretty sure that you have had me on ignore for like 3 years or so, but I just want to say I am praying for you.

I'm not sure what struggles or difficulties you have had or may still struggle with in your life. But you seem to be very argumentative and bitter, especially to men. I am praying for you that you will learn that being argumentative and bitter towards others is not the answer.

Anyhow, like I said you will probably not see this message....but I am praying for you.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Huh...?

Do I know you?

Did I miss something?

I had no idea you were flirting with me ;):)

LOL:p

Just kidding...You know I love you too. :love:
LOL..........What is that up there in the sky faster than a speeding bullet. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's it's my deflated ego......LOL I should have just kept it George Strait, third grade simple and passed a note that said check yes or no...........LOL I think we have found a pet nickname for me.....Ole Rusty......LOL

You make me laugh I adore ya :):)