Let us do away with the homosexuals & sodomites

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 5, 2021
I hope you fine Christian folks who think the created order in the sinless perfection of Eden is what defines sin, actually stick to that created order in your own lives, as stated right up front:

"And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." (Gen 1:27-28, ERV)

I suppose all you folks keep to the created order that ALL sex between man and wife must be patterned on procreative copulation because all else would be sin, right?

Jesus himself destroys the argument that the sinless perfection of creation determines what is sin. When asked about divorce by the Pharisees, Jesus recognizes man does not now live in a perfect world. We are in a fallen world and certain accommodations can be made:

"He saith unto them, Moses for your hardness of heart suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it hath not been so. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and he that marrieth her when she is put away committeth adultery." (Matt 19:8-9, ERV)

A particular idiom comes to mind in this sort of discussion:
"methinks thou dost protest too much
Used to indicate that someone (not necessarily a woman) is only denying something so fervently because the opposite is actually true. Adapted from the line 'the lady doth protest too much, methinks' in Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, Scene ii."
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/methinks+thou+dost+protest+too+much

The Penguin Dictionary of Psychology, Second Edition 1995, by Arthur S. Reber, page 340 -
"homosexuality The term is used rather generally to refer to sexual contact between persons of the same gender. This 'contact' may be fleeting, nonorgasmic and occasional or it may represent an individual's dominant (if not exclusive) mode of sexual expression. In a very real sense then, the term may be found in the psychological literature covering persons ranging from those who have had but one or two half-hearted experiences to those for whom heterosexual contacts have been nonexistent. Comprehensive surveys suggest that perhaps 40% of the population have had at least one homosexual experience leading to orgasm whereas perhaps only 1% of the sexually active population is exclusively homosexual."

That short section will be seen to be supported widely if you spend any time reading up on the various studies and surveys done over the years. Objectivity requires going to research outside of one's subjective feelings.

There is no manuscript variance on the Greek word arsenokoites found in 1 Cor.6:9 & 1 Tim. 1:10, so the same Greek word in the TR behind the KJV, is the same as in the modern Greek text, the NA28. I do not think Bible scholars of today are brighter than the men who translated the KJV, certainly not with such a variance as modern translations put on that word. Yet, the odd thinking of some seems to be that sodomitic behavior of one male upon another makes all male to male sex sinful; yet, sodomitic behavior of a male upon a female does not make all male to female sex sinful. That is very strange logic.

The key words the KJV used for arsenokoites in 1 Cor. 6:9 & 1 Tim. 1:10 are "abuse(d)" and "defile(d)". Use a concordance and see how the KJV used those words in translating in the OT and you'll get an idea what the KJV men thought the word meant. "Defiled" is used in Genesis chapter 34, and "abused" in Judges 19:25. Use the 1828 Webster's English Dictionary on the two words as well.

Maybe "bigotry", rather than homophobia is a more fitting description of many posts I've seen in this thread. Thomas Jefferson described bigotry well:

"Bigotry is the disease of ignorance, of morbid minds"

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
So.... if anyone doesn't agree with you they are bigots? :unsure:

K

kaylagrl

I hope you fine Christian folks who think the created order in the sinless perfection of Eden is what defines sin, actually stick to that created order in your own lives, as stated right up front:

"And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." (Gen 1:27-28, ERV)

I suppose all you folks keep to the created order that ALL sex between man and wife must be patterned on procreative copulation because all else would be sin, right?

Jesus himself destroys the argument that the sinless perfection of creation determines what is sin. When asked about divorce by the Pharisees, Jesus recognizes man does not now live in a perfect world. We are in a fallen world and certain accommodations can be made:

"He saith unto them, Moses for your hardness of heart suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it hath not been so. And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and he that marrieth her when she is put away committeth adultery." (Matt 19:8-9, ERV)

A particular idiom comes to mind in this sort of discussion:
"methinks thou dost protest too much
Used to indicate that someone (not necessarily a woman) is only denying something so fervently because the opposite is actually true. Adapted from the line 'the lady doth protest too much, methinks' in Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, Scene ii."
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/methinks+thou+dost+protest+too+much

The Penguin Dictionary of Psychology, Second Edition 1995, by Arthur S. Reber, page 340 -
"homosexuality The term is used rather generally to refer to sexual contact between persons of the same gender. This 'contact' may be fleeting, nonorgasmic and occasional or it may represent an individual's dominant (if not exclusive) mode of sexual expression. In a very real sense then, the term may be found in the psychological literature covering persons ranging from those who have had but one or two half-hearted experiences to those for whom heterosexual contacts have been nonexistent. Comprehensive surveys suggest that perhaps 40% of the population have had at least one homosexual experience leading to orgasm whereas perhaps only 1% of the sexually active population is exclusively homosexual."

That short section will be seen to be supported widely if you spend any time reading up on the various studies and surveys done over the years. Objectivity requires going to research outside of one's subjective feelings.

There is no manuscript variance on the Greek word arsenokoites found in 1 Cor.6:9 & 1 Tim. 1:10, so the same Greek word in the TR behind the KJV, is the same as in the modern Greek text, the NA28. I do not think Bible scholars of today are brighter than the men who translated the KJV, certainly not with such a variance as modern translations put on that word. Yet, the odd thinking of some seems to be that sodomitic behavior of one male upon another makes all male to male sex sinful; yet, sodomitic behavior of a male upon a female does not make all male to female sex sinful. That is very strange logic.

The key words the KJV used for arsenokoites in 1 Cor. 6:9 & 1 Tim. 1:10 are "abuse(d)" and "defile(d)". Use a concordance and see how the KJV used those words in translating in the OT and you'll get an idea what the KJV men thought the word meant. "Defiled" is used in Genesis chapter 34, and "abused" in Judges 19:25. Use the 1828 Webster's English Dictionary on the two words as well.

Maybe "bigotry", rather than homophobia is a more fitting description of many posts I've seen in this thread. Thomas Jefferson described bigotry well:

"Bigotry is the disease of ignorance, of morbid minds"

No where did Jesus condone same sex marriage. Not in the OT nor in the NT. Why are you calling us names? We didn't write the book. You don't like it you'll have to take it up with someone higher than us. Adam and Eve set the stage for the foundation of the family. No man on man, woman on woman. Adam and Eve. If we were supposed to have sex in a different manner, we'd come equipped to do so, you wouldn't have to add implements that are foreign to the body.

Nov 5, 2021
So.... if anyone doesn't agree with you they are bigots? :unsure:
No, it is the willfully ignorant spouting personal opinions that fit neither research on the topic or an exegesis of the pertinent Scriptures. That is bigotry.

Nov 5, 2021
No where did Jesus condone same sex marriage. Not in the OT nor in the NT. Why are you calling us names? We didn't write the book. You don't like it you'll have to take it up with someone higher than us. Adam and Eve set the stage for the foundation of the family. No man on man, woman on woman. Adam and Eve. If we were supposed to have sex in a different manner, we'd come equipped to do so, you wouldn't have to add implements that are foreign to the body.
You are going off half-cocked! Have you seen any of my posts where I endorsed or supported same-sex marriage? Slow down and work at your reading comprehension. I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about when you write about adding implements to the body! LOL

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
we have all seen them and we all know you are in serious error.
Twisting and perverting His Biblical truth to say what itches your ears.

K

kaylagrl

You are going off half-cocked! Have you seen any of my posts where I endorsed or supported same-sex marriage? Slow down and work at your reading comprehension.
You know I've never had someone make the snotty reading comprehension comment, go back and read and change my mind. I did read where you said that. It doesn't change my mind.

I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about when you write about adding implements to the body! LOL
Pure as the driven snow, good for you. Perhaps someone will whisper in your ear and tell you it means. ;)

K

kaylagrl

No, it is the willfully ignorant spouting personal opinions that fit neither research on the topic or an exegesis of the pertinent Scriptures. That is bigotry.

No, that's you making assumptions. Bigot is like racism, two words so over used they're been rendered meaningless. I don't even listen when someone starts in on those and several other words.

Nov 5, 2021
"We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose." (Rom 8:28, NRSV)

Sometimes in our finite, faithless understanding we can't truly grasp that statement. Our hearts betray us and looking at ourselves we may ask, but do I truly love God enough that He makes all things work for good, according to His purpose? The child of God loves God or he is not a child of God at all and our problem is looking at self instead of focusing on Jesus.

The next chapter of Romans also indicates how we are made and from one perspective the difficulties we have in life have been ordained of God, how God made us:

"But who indeed are you, a human being, to argue with God? Will what is molded say to the one who molds it, “Why have you made me like this?” Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one object for special use and another for ordinary use?"(Rom 9:20-21, NRSV)

In a day of feminism, when women have rejected God's role for them and have taken on the role of ruler and refuse to obey her husband. The Christian male who solely loves other males should see himself truly blessed of God and God has a purpose for his life as with all others of his children.

A good many years ago I saw Barbara Walters interview Ricky Martin and in the interview she badgered that young guy without mercy whether he was gay or not, and to 'come out' if he was. I had read about the life of Barbara Walters so her disgusting obsession with sex was in character for her; but when you hear or read those who claim to know Christ ask such questions of another, it it beyond mere crudeness, it is Pharisaical. When I am asked such questions, I either ignore it or answer flippantly since it is no one's business. But, some here will be pleased to know I have posted my short Bio or long Testimony on the Testimony forum and I share my life experiences.

I do not know if I'll continue posting or not, or if I do how often. I only do so in hopes that God uses it for his glory in dealing with another of his children or family thereof for whom the church has been useless on this matter. I've found in the conservative churches there is innocent ignorance on the topic, but sadly most of it is nasty willing ignorance in gross bigotry which is clearly Pharisaical and from the proverbial generation of vipers!