Let us do away with the homosexuals & sodomites

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Tell that to some of the "christian homosexuals" i have seen posting here in this site trying to justify homosexuality.
there is no such thing as a Christian homosexual. No one here is justifying homosexuality. We have some individuals who are free to make their opinion on the topic known. This site is very tolerant of those who support these sexual preferences that are from the pit of Hell. That is not justifying them at all. Please don't blanket all by the action of a few.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
It would be more godly to reflect on your own failings rather than to speak about the lives of others. Perhaps if you knew Iss. 56:4_5 and Matt 19:12, it would bring you humility?

CS1

May 23, 2012
It would be more godly to reflect on your own failings rather than to speak about the lives of others. Perhaps if you knew Iss. 56:4_5 and Matt 19:12, it would bring you humility?
neither one of those verses has to do with Homosexuality. the word Homo-sexuality means likes the same kind or of ones kind.

eunuchs, as spoken in Matthew 19, is those who is abstaining from sexual relation due to natural causes i.e. birth defects, or by a religious or punishment.yes even bychoice

presidente

May 29, 2013
That graphic statement exposes the odd stereotype that even many modern translations use in 1 Cor. 6:9. There are gays who do not practice that stereotypical passive-dominant idea. I have correspondence with a Christian, bisexual man who is married, and before he married his wife, he and his friend practiced only mutual fellatio and onanism. He explained to me that he and his friend thought the other coupling would be "sodomy". Maybe that is his culture in South Africa?

AsI understand it, while they are performing these acts, one is in arsenokoites role and the other is in the malakos role. If they switch, then each man is both guilty of being a arsenoites and malakos. Adultery and fornication are also acts. Thieves steal stuff. The idea that these are actual acts is consistent with the passage and the similar terminology in the Old Testament translation of the day-- arsenos koiten.

I seem to recall there was something oral on a pot with the word 'arsenokoites' on it. It might have been in the plural though. The pottery doesn't show up on a Google search anymore since Google stopped being a good search engine for finding information, or maybe out of a sense of decency, something rare for the Internet these days.

'Sodomy' for specific acts is an anachronistic term not found in scripture. Did you lead off with a point along those lines in this thread or was that another poster? You should know that if you spend so much time reading writings that try to work out interpretations of scripture that allow for these sexual perversions.

As far as specific acts go, there are multiple ways a man could act out a feminine role to stimulate a certain part of the arsenokoites, which I do not need to describe graphically. But trigger warning to those who are too grossed out by this stuff; please stop here. When I looked up references to 'malakos' not all were in specifically sexual contexts, but one reference had to do with malakos plucking hair from their thighs, which could have been preparation for a popular same-sex act back then.

I apologize for those who think this is TMI.

presidente

May 29, 2013
We have to be graphic today, to explain why homosexuality is a mental disorder, why it's against God, and why loving another man doesn't have to imply such a degenerated act... otherwise nobody will understand why is it actually wrong.
'Mental disorder' in our culture and legal system implies a lack of responsibility.

The Bible talks about men whose understanding was darkened; professing themselves to be wise they became fools. This set idolatrous men up for yielding to various lust including the same-sex variety.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
AsI understand it, while they are performing these acts, one is in arsenokoites role and the other is in the malakos role. If they switch, then each man is both guilty of being a arsenoites and malakos. Adultery and fornication are also acts. Thieves steal stuff. The idea that these are actual acts is consistent with the passage and the similar terminology in the Old Testament translation of the day-- arsenos koiten.

I seem to recall there was something oral on a pot with the word 'arsenokoites' on it. It might have been in the plural though. The pottery doesn't show up on a Google search anymore since Google stopped being a good search engine for finding information, or maybe out of a sense of decency, something rare for the Internet these days.

'Sodomy' for specific acts is an anachronistic term not found in scripture. Did you lead off with a point along those lines in this thread or was that another poster? You should know that if you spend so much time reading writings that try to work out interpretations of scripture that allow for these sexual perversions.

As far as specific acts go, there are multiple ways a man could act out a feminine role to stimulate a certain part of the arsenokoites, which I do not need to describe graphically. But trigger warning to those who are too grossed out by this stuff; please stop here. When I looked up references to 'malakos' not all were in specifically sexual contexts, but one reference had to do with malakos plucking hair from their thighs, which could have been preparation for a popular same-sex act back then.

I apologize for those who think this is TMI.
What about the Celibate? Does it matter? I think not.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
If someone is Lesbian or homosexual but Celibate, is there an offense to God? I think not.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Next time, I'd definitely rethink the title of your thread. The overtones are . . . well . . . deadly.

CS1

May 23, 2012
What about the Celibate? Does it matter? I think not.
Celibate is a choice too and has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Oct 2, 2021
I have no clue whether im homosexual. I don't particularly lust and then masturbate over guys. i have done but normally i don't seek that out. I'm in gay clubs all the time called connections and I must say when i look into peoples eyes theres some sort of chemistry there. with guys and girls. Theres no arousal as such. they do though.

gays are very proud of the fact they are homosexuals. get very angry if you say a trans is a guy. lol i had a trans say shes a guy. She was just offended. I offend alot of people there. Even just turning up a girl said are you here mocking gay people? she said they are her people. I was just dancing.

gays always say im straight. girls say im straight. they say dont hate on them when i don't wanna talk to them. then they are trying to kiss me. but i have people call me a faggot quite often. then ask wheres my girlfriend?

CS1

May 23, 2012
I have no clue whether im homosexual. I don't particularly lust and then masturbate over guys. i have done but normally i don't seek that out. I'm in gay clubs all the time called connections and I must say when i look into peoples eyes theres some sort of chemistry there. with guys and girls. Theres no arousal as such. they do though.

gays are very proud of the fact they are homosexuals. get very angry if you say a trans is a guy. lol i had a trans say shes a guy. She was just offended. I offend alot of people there. Even just turning up a girl said are you here mocking gay people? she said they are her people. I was just dancing.

gays always say im straight. girls say im straight. they say dont hate on them when i don't wanna talk to them. then they are trying to kiss me. but i have people call me a faggot quite often. then ask wheres my girlfriend?
I think you need to speak with someone who can help you. I recommend Purelife ministries check them out tell a counselor your stories.

Oct 2, 2021
I think you need to speak with someone who can help you. I recommend Purelife ministries check them out tell a counselor your stories.
I have friends who say they wouldn't step into a church because they would burst into flames. i having a look at the site. thanks

CS1

May 23, 2012
I have friends who say they wouldn't step into a church because they would burst into flames.
well friend I think you are just a troll. I have been here long enough to know. it's ok, Jesus does love you and when you are serious and not trolling and want to be set free from your pain and loneliness please let me know. You clearly have not been properly introduced to the Lord Jesus Christ. Mocking, scoffing, and trolling will not prevent the conviction of the Holy Spirit who is calling you to accept Jesu as Lord and Savior. To surrender and repent and receive Him into your life today will set you free from your sexual addictions. God bless. I too was bound. Jesus set me free.

Oct 2, 2021
well friend I think you are just a troll. I have been here long enough to know. it's ok, Jesus does love you and when you are serious and not trolling and want to be set free from your pain and loneliness please let me know. You clearly have not been properly introduced to the Lord Jesus Christ. Mocking, scoffing, and trolling will not prevent the conviction of the Holy Spirit who is calling you to accept Jesu as Lord and Savior. To surrender and repent and receive Him into your life today will set you free from your sexual addictions. God bless. I too was bound. Jesus set me free.
Yes Jesus is God. I am a troll. Fart

CS1

May 23, 2012
If someone is Lesbian or homosexual but Celibate, is there an offense to God? I think not.
the idea that one can say they are gay but have no sexual relations is still confusing nonetheless. There are no such things as gay chritians celibate or not first off most don't know if that is even true. many married heterosexual men say they are faithful and are not.

"Celibate" just like the word gay was taken by a gay pastor who tried to justify being gay through no sexual action YET he had to have sexual relations to be gay or in a relationship with the same sex. it is a lie. God is not impressed with our righteousness nor with our NOW not doing it anymore after you did it.

One must come to the Cross of Christ and leave the gay, lying, hate, adultery, fornication, drunkness, etc... at the Cross and take up NEW Life by the Blood of Jesus and not return to it.

We identify with Christ, not the sin.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
@WannabeWinner

As with anyone who is clearly struggling with sin, there is absolutely nothing more important for you to know . . . and seek . . . than the Circumcision of Christ. Please, please come to know these Seven Perfect Verses below:

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

To state that you actively participate in any form of sex club, it is an indicator that you have not been Purified by Christ. And that, my dear friend, is a very freighting, Hellish thing to think about. Please consider the verses above, for no pastor that you've ever sat beneath has ever shared these with you . . . they never do (and that is not yours, or my fault).

You are loved, good sir. Seek the Spiritual Circumcision of Christ and Live (forever).

Nov 5, 2021
there is no such thing as a Christian homosexual. No one here is justifying homosexuality. We have some individuals who are free to make their opinion on the topic known. This site is very tolerant of those who support these sexual preferences that are from the pit of Hell. That is not justifying them at all. Please don't blanket all by the action of a few.
CS1, I don't merely give opinion, I back it up with authorities and objective observation; something I've not seen others do on this thread. No one has attempted to explain why he thinks the modern fundamentalist versions are accurately translated.

NET Bible: Translator's note on 'malakos': "This term is sometimes rendered “effeminate,” although in contemporary English usage such a translation could be taken to refer to demeanor rather than behavior."

Check the onelook.com dictionaries for "demeanor" and its main meaning is "behavior". So, these translators decided it was just not effeminate behavior they wished in the translation, they read into it some form of same-gender sex. The word "effeminate" and the similar words "weaklings" and "wantons" have the following translation history and this would hardly be called "sometimes" as the NET translator's note reads!

Weaklings:
Tyndale Bible 1534
Matthew Bible 1537

Wantons:
Geneva Bible 1599

Effeminate:
KJV 1611/1769
RV 1885
YLT 1898
Douay-Rheims 1899
ASV 1901
Phillips NT 1972

1946 RSV is first translation to combine malakos & arsenokoites into one word, "homosexuals"
1971 Revised RSV "sexual perverts"
1971 Living Bible paraphrase, "homosexuals.

Most fundamentalist modern translations seemed to change the definition of malakos into homosexual after the start of the LBGTQ activism at the 1969 Stonewall Riots. The translator's note in the NET2 shows how modern evangelical translations read into the Greek passive same-gender sex, which is not there in the Greek!

The BDAG lexicon is often quoted, but the word "homosexual" is nowhere to be found in the definitions of malakos or arsenokoites, but in its paragraph on arsenokoites it indicates that "homosexuals" is inappropriate: "(on the impropriety of RSV’s ‘homosexuals’ [altered to ‘sodomites’ NRSV] see WPetersen"

Many commentaries and lexicons state that malakos is figurative for a "catamite". They offer no evidence of that. The Holy Spirit would hardly inspire Paul to write malakos for "catamite" when the other 3 times it is used in the NT, it means "soft clothing". Also, when there is an exact word in Greek for catamite as seen in the LSJ Greek English lexicon, Paul had the exact word to use:

https://lsj.gr/wiki/κίναιδος

In the same lexicon, the word malakos, no sort of same-gender sex is given as a definition, among the many definitions given.

https://lsj.gr/wiki/μαλακός

Just as the fundamentalist translations changed from "miscarriage" in Ex. 21:22 NASB77 to "give birth prematurely" in the NASB95; to support their anti-abortion social views, these same fundamentalist translations change 1 Cor. 6:9 to read according to their own bias against males who want other males as companions, lovers and physical relationship.

This is not some "gay theology" or gay exposition, this was known back in the 19th century, as Heinrich Meyer writes:

"μαλακοί ] effeminates , commonly understood as qui muliebria patiuntur , but with no sufficient evidence from the usage of the language (the passages in Wetstein and Kypke, even Dion. Hal. vii. 2, do not prove the point); moreover, such catamites ( molles ) were called πόρνοι or κίναιδοι . One does not see, moreover, why precisely this sin should be mentioned twice over in different aspects. Rather therefore: effeminate luxurious livers . Comp Aristotle, Eth. vii. 7 : μαλακὸς καὶ τρυφῶν , Xen. Mem. ii. 1, 20, also μαλακῶς , iii. 11. 10 : τρυφὴ δὲ καὶ μαλθακία , Plato, Rep. p. 590 B."
https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/eng/hmc/1-corinthians-6.html

Now when someone can present a rational defense of using some form of homosexuality in translating 1 Cor. 6:9 and 1 Tim. 1:10 you'll have some standing, above just biased opinions and bigotry.

Nov 5, 2021
I have friends who say they wouldn't step into a church because they would burst into flames. i having a look at the site. thanks
WannabeWinner, if you want your head messed up, go to one of those fraudulent Christian counseling centers. Just like Exodus International claimed to cure or change same-sex oriented males into opposite sex lovers, that organization collapsed in shame. It is not the best idea though to seek a companion in any sort of lounge or 'watering hole' whether to meet females or males. You may do well to read a very good college textbook chapter on sexual orientation and it so happens it is online:

https://davidmyers.org/uploads/SexualOrientationPsy12e.pdf

By the way, the author of that textbook and owner of the website is David Myers, a Christian man. He has many more articles on his main page: https://davidmyers.org/articles/sexual-orientation?pageID=16