Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Not what I call it show me where Scripture calls it that, and not just that but a Bibical Feast and I will agree....

Not trying to start anything here, but want/ need evidence of the Scripture for Bible Trivia…..

I'm sure I'm the Bible moron!!!
Try reading the scriptures I gave you. You can read, right? The eight day will be a Sabbath. There are only two kinds of Sabbaths referred to the weekly Sabbath and the Annual Sabbaths (or Feast). Here is the first time it was called the Last Day (then in John above):

Neh. 8:18 "Also day by day, from the first day unto the last day, he read in the book of the law of God. And they kept the feast seven days; and on the eighth day was a solemn assembly, according unto the manner."

A solemn assembly is also a feast day.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Hello Deade, :)

Perhaps, The Last Day is not considered one of the 7 feasts of Israel. :unsure:
From Wikipedia:

Main articles: Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah
  • Shemini Atzeret: 22 Tishrei (combined with Simchat Torah in Israel)
  • Simchat Torah outside Israel: 23 Tishrei
The holiday of Shemini Atzeret (שמיני עצרת) immediately follows the conclusion of the holiday of Sukkot. The Hebrew word shemini means "eighth”, and refers to its position on "the eighth day" of Sukkot, actually a seven-day holiday. This name reflects the fact that while in many respects Shemini Atzeret is a separate holiday in its own right, in certain respects its celebration is linked to that of Sukkot.

That the problem with getting all your charts off Christian sites. They have accepted the the RC has handed them for centuries. Sukkot is Tabernacles.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Try reading the scriptures I gave you. You can read, right? The eight day will be a Sabbath. There are only two kinds of Sabbaths referred to the weekly Sabbath and the Annual Sabbaths (or Feast). Here is the first time it was called the Last Day (then in John above):

Neh. 8:18 "Also day by day, from the first day unto the last day, he read in the book of the law of God. And they kept the feast seven days; and on the eighth day was a solemn assembly, according unto the manner."

A solemn assembly is also a feast day.
You are a person after my own heart.... I LOVE sarcasm!! No, I did not bother to read back post...lol... It is wat it is … right...

OK, I'll concede if we can call Purim and Hanukkah Biblical Feast too... especially since Messiah ceelberated Hanukkah... John 10...

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Adstar, thanks for sharing your insight! I enjoyed it very much! :)

To me, the Passover has several significant aspects.

1 - the father had to slay a male lamb (Did it have to be a "firstborn" male lamb?)
2 - the blood of the lamb is drained and applied to the doorposts of dwelling
3 - houses with blood the firstborn male lives; houses without blood the firstborn male dies
4 - the lamb was to be eaten in haste with shoes on and ready to go
5 - no one left Egypt until AFTER the angel of death passed over the land and killed firstborn males without blood

I love pondering and "chewing the cudd" of God's Word - there's so much there - there's no end to what can be gleaned. Just an abundance of spiritual food - daily manna from Heaven. I love Him! :love:
1 - From reading the requirement was only for a lamb without blemish..

All the rest of your points i agree with without any problems..

The Passover was a real event that was also a symbolic foreshadowing of the future sacrifice of the perfect Lamb of God Jesus Christ.. When we are covered by the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved from the second death :)

Jesus had his own Passover meal on the night before His execution on Passover day.. So on that day He ate the Passover and then became our Passover Lamb of God.. :)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Here is an interesting addendum. The Jews started calling The Feast day (15th) Passover and the Passover day as the preparation day (preparing the lamb and removing leavening from their homes). Later they referred to the whole week as Passover. As history progressed their calendars started showing Passover on the 15th instead of the 14th.

Question: What day of the week does the wave sheaf offering always fall on. ;)
That was the traditions of men moving in and slowly changing them from following the Torah to the letter to going their own way.. Jesus did it right He had His Passover meal at the start of the day of Passover.. Remember the Bible day starts at sunset and Jesus and the apostles had their meal at the right time.. The jews where slaughtering their lambs at the end of the day of passover and eating it after sunset which was the start of the next day which was the day of unleavened bread. So they where eating their lamb on the wrong day.. I believe they still do this..

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Did God tell Adam and Eve to REplenish the Earth or plenish the Earth? :unsure::unsure::giggle:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Did God tell Adam and Eve to REplenish the Earth or plenish the Earth? :unsure::unsure::giggle:
The word the translators used is replenish.

H4390
מָלָא מָלֵא
mâlê' mâlâ'
maw-lay', maw-law'
A primitive root, to fill or (intransitively) be full of, in a wide application (literally and figuratively): - accomplish, confirm, + consecrate, be at an end, be expired, be fenced, fill, fulfil, (be, become, X draw, give in, go) fully (-ly, -ly set, tale), [over-] flow, fulness, furnish, gather (selves, together), presume, replenish, satisfy, set, space, take a [hand-] full, + have wholly.

Being it has a wide application, it appears it could be either one: to fill or refill the earth.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
The word the translators used is replenish.

H4390
מָלָא מָלֵא
mâlê' mâlâ'
maw-lay', maw-law'
A primitive root, to fill or (intransitively) be full of, in a wide application (literally and figuratively): - accomplish, confirm, + consecrate, be at an end, be expired, be fenced, fill, fulfil, (be, become, X draw, give in, go) fully (-ly, -ly set, tale), [over-] flow, fulness, furnish, gather (selves, together), presume, replenish, satisfy, set, space, take a [hand-] full, + have wholly.

Being it has a wide application, it appears it could be either one: to fill or refill the earth.
Correct, Deade! :)(y)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Question: How did the mariners determine Jonah was the one God was angry with?

View attachment 188942
They cast lots to find out who was the cause of their troubles and the lot indicated Jonah was the cause of the trouble. So Jonah fessed up and told them he was running from the LORD..

Question: Why was Daniel thrown into a pit of Lions.. What was the charge against Him?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
They cast lots to find out who was the cause of their troubles and the lot indicated Jonah was the cause of the trouble. So Jonah fessed up and told them he was running from the LORD..

Question: Why was Daniel thrown into a pit of Lions.. What was the charge against Him?
Refusing to bow and worship the image of the emperor? That's what I think. :giggle:

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Refusing to bow and worship the image of the emperor? That's what I think. :giggle:
Nope.. But he did do that and they tried to execute him for it another way.. He was thrown into the Lions den for another reason.. :)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Nope.. But he did do that and they tried to execute him for it another way.. He was thrown into the Lions den for another reason.. :)
Okay, I had to look it up. The presidents and princes set Daniel up in a plot to get him out of the king's favor. They came up with a plan to get the king to make a new law that would not allow any petition other than to the king. Then they caught Daniel praying and turned him in. This angered the king but had to follow through. When the king found Daniel was spared by the lions, he threw the conspirators and their families to the lions. :cool:

Question: When was the first prophecy of another Elijah first proclaimed?

K

Karraster

That was the traditions of men moving in and slowly changing them from following the Torah to the letter to going their own way.. Jesus did it right He had His Passover meal at the start of the day of Passover.. Remember the Bible day starts at sunset and Jesus and the apostles had their meal at the right time.. The jews where slaughtering their lambs at the end of the day of passover and eating it after sunset which was the start of the next day which was the day of unleavened bread. So they where eating their lamb on the wrong day.. I believe they still do this..
Thank you very much. I verified to my satisfaction what you say is true, This is a welcome piece of the puzzle!

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Okay, I had to look it up. The presidents and princes set Daniel up in a plot to get him out of the king's favor. They came up with a plan to get the king to make a new law that would not allow any petition other than to the king. Then they caught Daniel praying and turned him in. This angered the king but had to follow through. When the king found Daniel was spared by the lions, he threw the conspirators and their families to the lions. :cool:

Question: When was the first prophecy of another Elijah first proclaimed?
Correct :)

Not sure if this is the first prophecy but below is a Prophecy concerning Elijah..

Malachi 4: KJV
5 "¶ Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: {6} And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."