Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
In what chapter of Numbers does Miriam and Aaron die, and where do they die?
In Numbers 20.

Miriam: 1c."desert of Zin in the first month: and the people abode in Kadesh; and Miriam died there, and was buried there."

Aaron: 23,24. "And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in mount Hor, by the coast of the land of Edom, saying, Aaron shall be gathered unto his people: for he shall not enter into the land which I have given unto the children of Israel, because ye rebelled against my word at the water of Meribah."

Where was Joshua buried? :unsure:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Where was Joshua buried? :unsure:
Joshua was buried in The Promised Land, in his inheritance. :)

Great question!

Joshua 24:29-30 King James Version (KJV)
29 And it came to pass after these things, that Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the Lord, died, being an hundred and ten years old.

30 And they buried him in the border of his inheritance in Timnathserah, which is in mount Ephraim, on the north side of the hill of Gaash.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Okay, I need to ask another question........:unsure:

Were Rachel and Leah buried with Jacob?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Okay, I need to ask another question........:unsure:

Were Rachel and Leah buried with Jacob?
Yep, in the same cave but at different times:

Gen. 49:30-32 "In the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite for a possession of a buryingplace. There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife; there they buried Isaac and Rebekah his wife; and there I buried Leah. The purchase of the field and of the cave that is therein was from the children of Heth."

When did they carry Joseph's bones to Canaan?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Yep, in the same cave but at different times:

Gen. 49:30-32 "In the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite for a possession of a buryingplace. There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife; there they buried Isaac and Rebekah his wife; and there I buried Leah. The purchase of the field and of the cave that is therein was from the children of Heth."

When did they carry Joseph's bones to Canaan?
Nope. Read it again.....only Leah was buried with Jacob. Rachel was buried somewhere else.

Where was Rachel buried?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Nov 23, 2013
The one you’re talking about.....is it in Psalm 139....:unsure:
Psa_139:16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Where in the Bible does it tell us to not lean on our own understanding?

Mar 29, 2019
Correct!

Thus, when Herod had all the Hebrew baby boys 2 yrs old and under slaughtered in Bethlehem. The prophets said it was “Rachel weeping for her children because they were not.”

In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
Matthew 2:18 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Matthew 2:18&version=KJV
Ah, thanks Lafftur. I knew Rachel's tomb was near Bethlehem, I saw it last year - ..well, I saw the graveyard. That was as close as I could get as it was beyond the walled off Palestinian region.

Anyway, I had wondered about that passage, and had never made the connection of 'Rachel weeping' to her tomb in Bethlehem. So obvious, but that is awesome, thanks!

Now, chew on this - this blows my socks off..

Rachel died giving birth to Benjamin, and as she was dying named him 'Benoni', which means 'son of my sorrow'.
But Jacob instead named him 'Benjamin', which means 'son of my right hand'.

Now, in the Jews' struggle to understand the conflicting OT prophecies concerning the messiah, they determined that there must be two messiahs. One, the all-conquering messiah, they call 'messiah ben David' - this is who they are waiting for, and why they didn't/don't accept Jesus as their messiah. The other, the all-suffering messiah, they call 'messiah ben Joseph' - this one they have decided must refer to Israel themselves.

So it is very interesting that Jesus was also both 'son of Joseph' (Mary's husband) and the 'son of David' (aire to the throne). And the two names of Benjamin are also a picture of the 'two' messiahs, the two different aspects to Christ's time on earth.

Further, Bethlehem (where Rachel died) became the place where the special flock for the temple sacrifices was kept (it is not far from Jerusalem). So when the shepherds were summoned to witness Jesus in the 'manger', it was typical (a type) of them inspecting the lambs for the sacrifices (which needed to be perfect and without spot) and a foreshadowing of his sacrifice on Passover many years later.

And so, it must also be significant that the name 'Rachel' means 'ewe' - ie. the mother of sheep.

And lastly (I'd really like it to be, but still a little unconvinced),..

I have seen a study suggesting the actual birthplace of Jesus was not some stable at the back of a hotel, but the place where the temple lambs were birthed. The watchtower for the shepherds. If you do a search on 'migdal eder' or 'tower of the flock' you will find it. I can't work out if the tower still exists today or exactly where it was. But it was certainly close by.

Gen 35:19 And Rachel died and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.
Gen 35:20 And Jacob set up a pillar upon her grave. That is the pillar of Rachel's grave to this day.
Gen 35:21 And Israel moved, and spread his tent beyond the tower of Edar.

Mic 4:8 And you, O tower of the flock, the hill of the daughter of Zion, to you it shall happen. And rulers, the chief ones, shall come, the kingdom of the daughter of Jerusalem.