Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hi there!
Sounds like things are going better, or else I just misread a while back. I was concerned by a post, but I know that the holidays can be rough seas.
No trivia for me. Hope things are going better for you and yours!

But I know sometimes, that lighter chat can deflect the onslaught of holiday joy, putting on that happy face, and the standard happy masks they hand out with the bulletins, and the copy and paste answers we've all been saying since the Sunday school teacher on probation brainwashed the students:. "whatever anyone says who walks into church tell them, "we are all happy Christians who never have any problems!".
Oh sweet @HeraldtheNews, all is well with me, my intuitive friend!

How are you? How were your holidays? The only way you could read between my lines and know I was in a little pain during the holidays is if you were also in pain....

Missing a loved one? Yes, I am familiar with that pain...

All my best to you and blessings for this year!!!! More than you even expect!!! Abundance!!!!!! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Thank you.

Sure. What Greek poet is quoted in the Bible?
Good one!
Acts 17?
Don't know who though.
Yes, Acts 17.

Acts 17:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Great question, EternalFire! :love:(y)

Great job answering, Judges1318! :love:(y)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Question:
What is the Psalm chapter most often quoted in the NT?

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
Yes, Acts 17.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

Great question, EternalFire! :love:(y)

Great job answering, Judges1318! :love:(y)
That's a fun one, but the quote I had in mind is from 1Co 15:33 by Menander: "Do not be deceived: 'Bad company ruins good morals.'" (NRSV)

Check out this article for additional info:
http://caffeine4masses.blogspot.com/2013/08/paul-and-menanders-thais-i-corinthians.html

Nov 16, 2019
Yes, Acts 17.

Oh, so close!
Just 5 verses away:

As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring.’e 29Therefore, being offspring of God, we should not think that the Divine Being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by man’s skill and imagination. - Acts 17:28-29

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Evil is weak. Good can overcome evil. Evil only overcomes good when Good chooses to do nothing.
Amen, sistah, that's the
Oh sweet @HeraldtheNews, all is well with me, my intuitive friend!

How are you? How were your holidays? The only way you could read between my lines and know I was in a little pain during the holidays is if you were also in pain....

Missing a loved one? Yes, I am familiar with that pain...

All my best to you and blessings for this year!!!! More than you even expect!!! Abundance!!!!!! :love:(y)
Thank-you Lafftur, Sorry for the personal post, I think it was from the other thread about the Old Testament and biblical topics, but tyvm for your concern also! Musta gone down the wrong rabbit trail again. But "all things work together for good," I would put the Bible quote, if I ever figure out how to use this phone screen.

I'm ok in my foxhole for the moment! Trying to learn spiritual warfare, but that's another thread. Glad you all are ok! You are welcome to write anytime in the C/C mailbox! Or join us all cc chatters in Bible chat anytime, usually after 10PM Western USA.

I don't know the Bible well enough for Bible trivia. But it might help my sanity in the spiritual warfare foxhole after 40 days and 40 nights of rain, to know which verse was coming next... ! :eek:

Isaiah263

Jan 12, 2020
In the Gospel of Mark, except for the demons, who was the first one to testify that Jesus is "Truly the Son of God"? Hint: you'll find the answer towards the end.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
In the Gospel of Mark, except for the demons, who was the first one to testify that Jesus is "Truly the Son of God"? Hint: you'll find the answer towards the end.
Roman soldiers at the Cross.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
So...... who wants to put Moses, Aaron and Miriam in birth order - Oldest to youngest?

Okay, no one answered my question so....... I will!

Birth Order:

1. Miriam
2. Aaron
3. Moses

How do I know, because Mariam died at the age of 126 and she was the first sibling to die; then, Aaron died at the age of 123 and was the second sibling to die, then, Moses died at 120 years old and he was the last to die.

Their birth order is the same as their death order.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Birth Order:

1. Miriam
2. Aaron
3. Moses

How do I know, because Mariam died at the age of 126 and she was the first sibling to die; then, Aaron died at the age of 123 and was the second sibling to die, then, Moses died at 120 years old and he was the last to die.

Excellent detective work!

Nov 16, 2019

Birth Order:

1. Miriam
2. Aaron
3. Moses

That helps us explain why Miriam and Aaron had no fear in speaking against little brother Moses (Numbers 12).

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Which early Church Father was the first to use the term "Trinity" (in latin)?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Which early Church Father was the first to use the term "Trinity" (in latin)?
Hold on now, @cv5 ....... the answer to your question has to be found in the Holy Bible scriptures, NOT outside of the Bible.

If the answer is explicitly in the Bible then, we’ll proceed with the question; if not, then ask another question.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Hold on now, @cv5 ....... the answer to your question has to be found in the Holy Bible scriptures, NOT outside of the Bible.

If the answer is explicitly in the Bible then, we’ll proceed with the question; if not, then ask another question.
OK got it thanks! BTW....Tertullian.