Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Jachin and Boaz (felt like I should check chronicles and indeed there it was) I didn't realize there were two accounts consciously

Boaz was a kinsman redeemer so I presume that is what it relates to (which is cool if so)

Jachin...? Sounds familiar but I can't place precisely, I thought it was the close relative of Boaz but apparently not. I'll keep thinking and give the last 25% of the answer, ty for a good question :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Jachin and Boaz (felt like I should check chronicles and indeed there it was) I didn't realize there were two accounts consciously

Boaz was a kinsman redeemer so I presume that is what it relates to (which is cool if so)

Jachin...? Sounds familiar but I can't place precisely, I thought it was the close relative of Boaz but apparently not. I'll keep thinking and give the last 25% of the answer, ty for a good question :)
So far Boaz and Jachin is correct. :)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
So far Boaz and Jachin is correct. :)
Well in one bible that I rarely read (was going to donate) I found in the 1st Kings reference a footnote after finding out that there were indeed two instances.

Jachin (Jachun) "It shall stand"
Boaz (Booz) "In strength"

Fortunately because I found this footnote, I am inclined to think that it's in the Strongs concordance.
Jachin: He (or it) will establish
Boaz: The ancestor of David

Clearly a discrepancy

It also looks like the root is uncertain in the Strongs which is helpful in a certain way because it could potentially broaden the meanings for Boaz at least.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Well in one bible that I rarely read (was going to donate) I found in the 1st Kings reference a footnote after finding out that there were indeed two instances.

Jachin (Jachun) "It shall stand"
Boaz (Booz) "In strength"

Fortunately because I found this footnote, I am inclined to think that it's in the Strongs concordance.
Jachin: He (or it) will establish
Boaz: The ancestor of David

Clearly a discrepancy

It also looks like the root is uncertain in the Strongs which is helpful in a certain way because it could potentially broaden the meanings for Boaz at least.
I found this in Mounce for Boaz...[1244] 1 בֹּעַז bōʻaz 22x Boaz, “[prob.] in him is strength” (MED)

For Jachin I found this in Enhanced Strongs h3199. יָכִין yâḵîyn; from 3559; he (or it) will establish; — Jachin. (Olive Tree Enhanced Strong's Dictionary)

BTW according to ISBE... The two pillars erected in front of Solomon’s temple were made of bronze (representing judgment).

Good going. I guess it's your turn to ask the next question.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
What were the dimensions (and specifications) of the ark itself? Are there any accurate modern equivalents?

Are we certain of these modern equivalents?

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Exodus 25:10 (ESV) “They shall make an ark of acacia wood. Two cubits and a half shall be its length, a cubit and a half its breadth, and a cubit and a half its height.”

Sorry, that’s the only answer I can provide from the Bible. Don’t know anything about modern measurements.

Next question: why was King Solomon fond of lions?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Next question: why was King Solomon fond of lions?
My guess is because King Solomon was from the Tribe of Judah which was depicted as a Lion.

Jesus is called the son of David and is also called The Lion of the Tribe of Judah.

When I was around 7 or 8 years old, I had a dream that I went to heaven and played with an enormous Lion.....oh how I loved that Lion........:love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Ok this is real trivial lol...
What were the two columns called on the temple built by Solomon?
And to make it less trivial, what were the meaning of their names?
@Mii got it right! Jachin and Boaz. Great job, Mii! :love:(y)

2 Chronicles 3:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 And he reared up the pillars before the temple, one on the right hand, and the other on the left; and called the name of that on the right hand Jachin, and the name of that on the left Boaz.

Michael Rood has a teaching on the secret behind the two pillars of Solomon's Temple.

One pillar acts as a fulcrum and the other acts as a lever hydraulically with bags of sand. When activated, the priests were able to secretly remove the Ark of the Covenant from the Temple in an underground tunnel to keep it safe from being captured by their enemies.

It's very interesting.

Pillars.jpg
pillarsrev.jpg

Attachments

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I had Lion dreams sometime when I very young. Except the context included an evil Lion as well. He wasn't chasing me but the evil Lion (which I didn't perceive to be evil at the time, just "kinda bad") was just "in addition to" the overall whole.

Kind of complicated but that's how I view some elements of the fallen nature and consequently the existence of evil.

Do you have a question @Lafftur

I'll admit I can't top a question like @crossnote without doing some research on the question. I have it in mind from the same time period but I don't want to ask incorrectly or "I think this is in there so go find out if my question is valid and THEN give the right answer" ;)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Put the following events in order as they occurred....

- Building of Solomon's Temple
- Jesus Christ is born
- God takes Enoch
- God tells Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac
- Ruth gives birth to Obed

- Samuel anoints David to be king
- Noah builds the ark

May be simple for some but, simple Bible Trivia is fun, too! Enjoy! :love:(y)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Put the following events in order as they occurred....

- Building of Solomon's Temple
- Jesus Christ is born
- God takes Enoch
- God tells Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac
- Ruth gives birth to Obed

- Samuel anoints David to be king
- Noah builds the ark

May be simple for some but, simple Bible Trivia is fun, too! Enjoy! :love:(y)
God takes Enoch
Noah builds the ark

God tells Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac
Ruth gives birth to Obed
Samuel anoints David to be king

Building of Solomon's Temple
Jesus Christ is born

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
God takes Enoch
Noah builds the ark

God tells Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac
Ruth gives birth to Obed
Samuel anoints David to be king

Building of Solomon's Temple
Jesus Christ is born
Correct! Wasn't that fun! :giggle:

Your turn! :love:(y)

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I was hoping you’d mention the following verses from Proverbs, but mentioning that Lion is the sign of the tribe of Judah is pretty good too.

—-
Proverbs 19:12 (ESV) A king’s wrath is like the growling of a lion, but his favor is like dew on the grass.

Proverbs 20:2 (ESV)
The terror of a king is like the growling of a lion; whoever provokes him to anger forfeits his life.

Proverbs 28:1 (ESV)
The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Proverbs 30:30 (ESV)
the lion, which is mightiest among beasts and does not turn back before any;
—-

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
1594320118211.png

Who is the prophet that confronted King David about adultery and murder?

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Back to the 'funny' trivia.

Which car was first mentioned in the NT and who rode in it?
Was it a boat???

Matthew 4:21 (ESV)
And going on from there he saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and he called them.

Matthew 4:22 (ESV)
Immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Good one!

All 120 people in the upper room were in ONE ACCORD.....lol! :ROFL::LOL::love:(y)
Not sure about the '120' but yeah, that's close enough. :)

Acts 1:13-14 (KJV) And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.