Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
My question is a extremely hard question, its probably the only question the bible doesnt answer. It is this.
How big is God the father?
The holy spirit takes on different forms, and Jesus would be the average size of men back in his day, with a very average looking figure as there were no gyms back then. It seems Jesus had average strength too.

Jul 9, 2020
My question is a extremely hard question, its probably the only question the bible doesnt answer. It is this.
The holy spirit takes on different forms, and Jesus would be the average size of men back in his day, with a very average looking figure as there were no gyms back then. It seems Jesus had average strength too.
Not sure how to answer the question. "Really big"??

But I do question how you arrive at your assertion of Jesus being average looking and having average strength. I don't get where you come up with that. Jesus definitely shared no genetic material with Joseph, and I highly doubt that He shared genetic material with Mary. Reason is because Jesus was to be the perfect sacrifice. That's why God talked about not accepting any sacrifice that had blemishes. Mary had genetics that were the result of many, many generations of accumulated blemishes. If He got His genetics from her, then how would He have been the sacrifice without blemish??? So if that's the case, then there's no telling what He looked like. I might guess that He didn't stand out, but it would only be a guess.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
There is no measurement with an eternal being. He is immeasurable. If He had measurements then He would be a finite being (in the realm of time and space), but since He is Eternal, He is outside such limits of measurement.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Whoa! Whoa! On Bible Trivia thread, ALL answers have to be found in the Bible. Otherwise, this thread just becomes like all the others.

It’s okay to discuss and share your thoughts and comments AFTER the question has been answered by scripture Bible verse.

Thanks for understanding and keep playing! This game gets us into the scriptures and we learn and grow. :love:(y)

Jul 9, 2020
Ok...at the risk of stepping out of turn, I'll present another riddle.

I'm thinking of two brothers. Both of them are highly annoying to me, but for much different reasons:

Brother 1 is dumb. So, so dumb. He took after his father. He had very short time preferences. I want to like him because he was kinda rough, but I just can't do it. God even hated this guy.

Bother 2 is a swindling mommy's boy. A grifter if there ever was one. God loves him, but God's capacity for love is a bit higher than mine. hahaha! I just can't do it here.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Ok...at the risk of stepping out of turn, I'll present another riddle.

I'm thinking of two brothers. Both of them are highly annoying to me, but for much different reasons:

Brother 1 is dumb. So, so dumb. He took after his father. He had very short time preferences. I want to like him because he was kinda rough, but I just can't do it. God even hated this guy.

Bother 2 is a swindling mommy's boy. A grifter if there ever was one. God loves him, but God's capacity for love is a bit higher than mine. hahaha! I just can't do it here.
Sounds like Jacob & Esau.

Jul 9, 2020
Ok. Obviously I made that too easy. I'm gonna think up a riddle that's a bit tougher for the next one.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Ok. Obviously I made that too easy. I'm gonna think up a riddle that's a bit tougher for the next one.
In the meantime, "Which of 'Job's Comforter's' was the least critical of Job?"

Jul 9, 2020
It was the younger one that came in after the others had started in on him....
Elihu! (sorry. I had to look up the name.)

I love in this book how when God finally talks, He doesn't even bother answering anybody's questions. But in a way He sort of does because He shows how much of higher level he's operating on. "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the world? Who hold the stars in the sky? Surely you know?" That type of thing. LOL. It's awesome. I can't help but to think that God is going to give a response like that to all these smug atheists that think they're so smart asking these dimwit questions like "If God has been around forever, who made God? Can God make a rock so big that even he can't lift it?"

And the funny thing about that Elihu guy - it's like he kinda knows what's coming. It feels like he sort of lays the foundation for it in a way.

Ok...this is inspiring me to start back to reading my Bible again. (I've been bad and not reading like I ought)

Jul 9, 2020
Ok. Got a riddle for you. Hopefully this one will be a little more challenging and fun for you.

This fella was a loyal servant. Kinda quiet, but when he did speak his boss certainly listened. He was honorable. Some might argue he was more honorable than his boss. He disobeyed his boss in order to save his boss's life.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Ok. Got a riddle for you. Hopefully this one will be a little more challenging and fun for you.

This fella was a loyal servant. Kinda quiet, but when he did speak his boss certainly listened. He was honorable. Some might argue he was more honorable than his boss. He disobeyed his boss in order to save his boss's life.
Was it Joab? He disobeyed David in that he killed Absolam against David's wishes in order to save David's life.
The only thing I'm not sure of is if he was 'kinda quiet'.
In any case excellent riddle.

Jul 9, 2020
Nope. .Joab, while a reasonable guess, would be incorrect. I'll give you another hint...

He had a fascinating conversation with his boss about trust.

...and with that I'm gonna go to bed. Else I totally give it away. hahaha

Jul 9, 2020
Ok. I just reread this story. I had gone off of memory before and I made an error...

I should have referenced "she" - not "he". The servant in question was female! I completely overlooked this fact until just now. But indeed it is true - all bible versions I checked appear to agree.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

Nope. .Joab, while a reasonable guess, would be incorrect. I'll give you another hint...

He had a fascinating conversation with his boss about trust.

...and with that I'm gonna go to bed. Else I totally give it away. hahaha
Ok. I just reread this story. I had gone off of memory before and I made an error...

I should have referenced "she" - not "he". The servant in question was female! I completely overlooked this fact until just now. But indeed it is true - all bible versions I checked appear to agree.
But her boss abused her due to his lack of vision.
Abigail?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Nope! Don't forget that I had overlooked the sex of this servant until just yesterday. Why might I have done that?
You also stated...
I hope this is not one of those gender confused individuals leader 'scholars' into even more confusion. lol

Jul 9, 2020
hahaha! You are gonna laugh so much when you get this. :LOL:

The answer is found in the book of Numbers.