Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
How many talents of SILVER did the king of Syria give to Naaman to take with him to the King of Israel to ask for the prophet Elisha to heal him from leprosy?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Going to head offline but hmm...I went to a church called "Mount Paran"

Paran is mentioned in scripture but is there any mountain also mentioned?

Edit: and I found the answer, which surprised me. So I guess list different references if you'd like @Lafftur

Deuteronomy 33:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
33 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

2 And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

3 Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words.

WOW! God really pours out blessings on Israel throughout Deuteronomy 33! :love:(y)

29 Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.

Habakkuk 3:2-4 King James Version (KJV)
2 O Lord, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.

3 God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise.

4 And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.

WOW! God really pours out His wrath on ALL the nations and the whole world throughout Habakkuk 3 yet, Habakkuk proclaims he will yet praise God even though God is pouring out wrath. :love:(y)

pjrousseau

Aug 26, 2020
I typed this answer and for some reason it never sent. Thought I'd post it anyways because if references the Scriptures where the conversions can be made) - the only references not in scripture are the current conversion rate of a Gerah, and obviously the gold price in Dollars...

A talent is measure of weight: A talent of silver was equivalent to 2985 shekels (Exo 38:24-25) and a silver shekel is 20 Gerah (Exo 30:13) which (if the unit is still accurate today) is 0.567 grams.

2985 x 20 x 0.567 = 33849.9g

Today's gold-price: $63.11 / g

33849.9g x $63.11 /g = $2,136,267.19

Since precious metals (except for fluctuation in demand) does not change value over time, this monetary value is likely to be roughly the same value to them than it is to us - except maybe considering that in the west we are probably much wealthier and so proportionally it would seems to be less for us today that in earlier centuries.

This puts a whole new perspective on the Master that gave away "only" 5, 2 and 1 talents: it was a lot of VALUE, even for the 1 talent!

But even more striking is the King forgiving his subject 10 000 talents (put 4 zeroes to our number above) and then the guy goes out and strangles his fellow for 100 penny's (1 penny was worth 1 day of menial labour Mat 20:2): ie our sin against God vs other's sin against us!

pjrousseau

Aug 26, 2020
I typed this answer and for some reason it never sent. Thought I'd post it anyways because if references the Scriptures where the conversions can be made) - the only references not in scripture are the current conversion rate of a Gerah, and obviously the gold price in Dollars...

A talent is measure of weight: A talent of silver was equivalent to 2985 shekels (Exo 38:24-25) and a silver shekel is 20 Gerah (Exo 30:13) which (if the unit is still accurate today) is 0.567 grams.

2985 x 20 x 0.567 = 33849.9g

Today's gold-price: $63.11 / g

33849.9g x $63.11 /g = $2,136,267.19

Since precious metals (except for fluctuation in demand) does not change value over time, this monetary value is likely to be roughly the same value to them than it is to us - except maybe considering that in the west we are probably much wealthier and so proportionally it would seems to be less for us today that in earlier centuries.

This puts a whole new perspective on the Master that gave away "only" 5, 2 and 1 talents: it was a lot of VALUE, even for the 1 talent!

But even more striking is the King forgiving his subject 10 000 talents (put 4 zeroes to our number above) and then the guy goes out and strangles his fellow for 100 penny's (1 penny was worth 1 day of menial labour Mat 20:2): ie our sin against God vs other's sin against us!
PS I'm a math teacher, so I loved this Questions!!!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
How many talents of SILVER did the king of Syria give to Naaman to take with him to the King of Israel to ask for the prophet Elisha to heal him (Naaman) from leprosy?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
10 talents of silver

@Lafftur

@pjrousseau ty for your participation in the last question :)

453.59g in a lb of silver and $0.55/gram seems like about $250 for a pound of silver

$250x75 = $18,250? As far as JUST the silver in that historical instance. (2nd kings; question above)

The gold is 6,000 pieces that I am unsure how to calculate

Also the sets of clothing is difficult to put to today's value. If it translates to 3 piece suits (which I think is fair) then we could get a further estimate. I think it more likely that the clothing is more like unto a 3 piece suit than a tuxedo but either way this is rather expensive.

Mar 28, 2016
10 talents of silver

@Lafftur

@pjrousseau ty for your participation in the last question :)

453.59g in a lb of silver and $0.55/gram seems like about $250 for a pound of silver

$250x75 = $18,250? As far as JUST the silver in that historical instance. (2nd kings; question above)

The gold is 6,000 pieces that I am unsure how to calculate

Also the sets of clothing is difficult to put to today's value. If it translates to 3 piece suits (which I think is fair) then we could get a further estimate. I think it more likely that the clothing is more like unto a 3 piece suit than a tuxedo but either way this is rather expensive.
I would offer.

6 in multitudes adding zeros represents the literal measure of men . 7 represents the golden measure of faith the unseen measure used in parables .

3 is used to denote the end of a matter as to whatever is in view. . Judas offered 30 .The end of that matter. He fell backward hung by the rope and broke his neck . Identifying the spirit of judgement.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
What does the 10 represent in parables ? Why not 30. What does 30 represent?
Hi @garee! :love:

I’m glad you want to play Bible Trivia with us but, make sure before you ask a question that the answer can be found exactly in scripture.

Questions that the answer is an opinion or personal interpretation should not be asked.

Otherwise, we get lead away from the Bible and the purpose of this thread is to lead us to the Bible to search the scriptures for the exact answer.

AFTER the question has been answered with exact scripture, then you can offer and share your opinion and insight.

So, feel free to ask another question! We’d love for you to play Bible Trivia with us! :love:(y)

Mar 28, 2016
Hi @garee! :love:

I’m glad you want to play Bible Trivia with us but, make sure before you ask a question that the answer can be found exactly in scripture.

Questions that the answer is an opinion or personal interpretation should not be asked.

Otherwise, we get lead away from the Bible and the purpose of this thread is to lead us to the Bible to search the scriptures for the exact answer.

AFTER the question has been answered with exact scripture, then you can offer and share your opinion and insight.

So, feel free to ask another question! We’d love for you to play Bible Trivia with us! :love:(y)
Sorry, I can understand. :oops:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Sorry, I can understand. :oops:

If you want to talk about the number 6 being the number of Man, then first ask the Bible Trivia question......

Q: What did God create on the 6th Day of Creation?

After someone answers your question, then share your thoughts and understanding of “6” being the number of Man.

We just need to keep this thread leading us to the Bible for the answer.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
<-------?

Edit: I'm a human.

@garee if I focus on biblical numerology too much I draw in vain imagination when I "reach" too far.
10 I have no insight into. 30 pieces of silver was with Joseph being sold into slavery also. I'm not sure what 10 signifies but 30 is used in MANY places in scripture. Judas and the other acccount for silver (which may be 20) was negative but 30 years old is seen in at least 4 places from what I recall.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Q. What did "the house of him that hath his shoe loosed" signify in the OT?

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Q. What did "the house of him that hath his shoe loosed" signify in the OT?
Deut 25:9 And his name shall be called in Israel, ‘The house of him who had his sandal removed.’ Starts in Deut 25:7-
But if the man does not want to take his brother’s wife, then let his brother’s wife go up to the gate to the elders, and say, ‘My husband’s brother refuses to raise up a name to his brother in Israel; he will not perform the duty of my husband’s brother.’ Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her; then his brother’s wife shall come to him in the presence of the elders, remove his sandal from his foot, spit in his face, and answer and say, ‘So shall it be done to the man who will not build up his brother’s house.’ And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.

What happened with Boas and Ruth.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What does the 10 represent in parables ? Why not 30. What does 30 represent?
I am unsure of the ten, but 30 pieces of silver was the cost of a dead slave, significant in regards to the amount which Judas received for betraying Jesus. I found an interesting page on slavery in ancient Israel, especially in how much their laws differed from other ancient cultures concerning slaves :) Click :)

Mar 28, 2016
Beasts of the field. Oxygen breathing creatures to include mankind .

Having prepared food and oxygen, green trees on day two before the Sun was brought into creation .

Mankind is assigned the number six.

Three is used to denote the end of a matter 666.

F

Fundamental

Beasts of the field. Oxygen breathing creatures to include mankind .

Having prepared food and oxygen, green trees on day two before the Sun was brought into creation .

Mankind is assigned the number six.

Three is used to denote the end of a matter 666.
Oxygen was on the third day. Well most likely...
If oxygen only came on the sixth day, what did the animals (birds) on day 5 breathe? :p

On day six humans were created.

Q: Is Genesis 2 a look back at the creation of mankind or a different set of people (Adam and Eve) being created?

Genesis 2 says no plant was growing the earth, they were created mature in Genesis 1. So to grow (new) plants and crops there was a man created, Adam.
In Genesis 1 man and woman are created in the image of God. But in Genesis 2 woman gets created in the image of Adam and is not equal. She is created for the man.
In Genesis 1 people are allowed to eat all seedbearing plants, in Genesis 2 they are forbidden to eat one fruit.

People lived almost 1000 years at the beginning, now we die at young age.