Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
Hmmm....there is no Book of Hezekiah. :unsure:

He is in the Books of the Kings and Chronicles but, Hezekiah has no special book.
Correct.....you wont believe how many people I've had over the years looking for that nonexistent book. lol

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Correct.....you wont believe how many people I've had over the years looking for that nonexistent book. lol
Or maybe I think that you were meaning the story of Hezekiah and so am trying to find it? I've heard that done before in a radio sermon. Not sure if I like it or not.

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
Or maybe I think that you were meaning the story of Hezekiah and so am trying to find it? I've heard that done before in a radio sermon. Not sure if I like it or not.
Sorry.....I was a joke....did you go looking for the book of Hezekiah?? Lol

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Sorry.....I was a joke....did you go looking for the book of Hezekiah?? Lol
No. I've heard it before and I didn't know what to make of it when a preacher did it, that's why I posted what I did.

I "was" about to go look for a book that he found (like Josiah) but fortunately, no need. That's how I read it.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Let's see.........hmmm....we need a question.....:unsure: I shall go look for one......brb! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hezekiah was sick and about to die, he prayed and God answered him.

How many years did God add to the life of King Hezekiah after Hezekiah prayed?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
What sign did God show Hezekiah that he would heal him?
The shadow on the sundial went backwards ten degrees.

2 Kings 20:8-11 King James Version (KJV)
8 And Hezekiah said unto Isaiah, What shall be the sign that the Lord will heal me, and that I shall go up into the house of the Lord the third day?

9 And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the Lord, that the Lord will do the thing that he hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees?

10 And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees.

11 And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the Lord: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.

I wonder.....:unsure: Why God choose to add 15 years to Hezekiah's life? Why not 7? or 12?....... I wonder why 15?

Also, why choose the sign of the shadow going backwards 10 degrees? :unsure: What do you think @Scribe....any theories, any insight?

It was actually not good that Hezekiah lived longer....he boasted of all the treasures and showed the King of Babylon all the treasures....not good, not good to cast pearls before swine.....they turn and rend you. :cautious:

S

Scribe

The shadow on the sundial went backwards ten degrees.

2 Kings 20:8-11 King James Version (KJV)
8 And Hezekiah said unto Isaiah, What shall be the sign that the Lord will heal me, and that I shall go up into the house of the Lord the third day?

9 And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the Lord, that the Lord will do the thing that he hath spoken: shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees?

10 And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees: nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees.

11 And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the Lord: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.

I wonder.....:unsure: Why God choose to add 15 years to Hezekiah's life? Why not 7? or 12?....... I wonder why 15?

Also, why choose the sign of the shadow going backwards 10 degrees? :unsure: What do you think @Scribe....any theories, any insight?

It was actually not good that Hezekiah lived longer....he boasted of all the treasures and showed the King of Babylon all the treasures....not good, not good to cast pearls before swine.....they turn and rend you. :cautious:
Here is a theory that just came to me when I read your post.

God extends his Judgments for a later time. It is a principle he wanted us to understand. Repentance can delay judgment. Eventually it will come upon the world but if we stand in the gap and intercede we might be able to delay the judgment that will eventually come upon this nation for things like teaching kids in public school on how to be gay and proud of it.

Repentance and intercession and calling upon the Lord's mercy can turn back time.

No one knows the day and hour when the Lord will come and reap the last harvest. Maybe that is because it is not delegated to a day or hour on the calendar. :unsure: Maybe it's dynamic based on the greatest harvest. Maybe we can pray and intercede and God will grant our wayward children time to repent. Maybe we can pray and repent on behalf of our nation and the next virus that kills in two days and is more contagious than COVID19 will stay in the jungle a few more decades.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Here is a theory that just came to me when I read your post.

God extends his Judgments for a later time. It is a principle he wanted us to understand. Repentance can delay judgment. Eventually it will come upon the world but if we stand in the gap and intercede we might be able to delay the judgment that will eventually come upon this nation for things like teaching kids in public school on how to be gay and proud of it.

Repentance and intercession and calling upon the Lord's mercy can turn back time.

No one knows the day and hour when the Lord will come and reap the last harvest. Maybe that is because it is not delegated to a day or hour on the calendar. :unsure: Maybe it's dynamic based on the greatest harvest. Maybe we can pray and intercede and God will grant our wayward children time to repent. Maybe we can pray and repent on behalf of our nation and the next virus that kills in two days and is more contagious than COVID19 will stay in the jungle a few more decades.
Interesting.....I enjoyed reading your insight. :love:(y)

I must agree with you that it is God's Will that His Mercy triumph over His Judgment every time He finds true repentance.

Of course, Hezekiah still died but, his death was delayed for 15 years. So, I see your point about judgment still happens but repentance can delay it.

As I pondered the sign of the shadow on the sundial going backwards 10 degrees, I considered all the elements of the story...... light, darkness, time and the sundial of Ahaz. It appears Light controlled all the elements....:unsure:

I love to ponder God's Word.....so many secrets and insights to be found if one only pauses and ponders....selah! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Okay, next question.......

How did God heal Hezekiah?

S

Scribe

Okay, next question.......

How did God heal Hezekiah?
Slapped some Fig Cake on his Boil!

And Isaiah said: 'Take a cake of figs.' And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.

I wonder how many Fig poultices I could sell online before the FDA shut me down? I could offer a free loaf of Ezekiel Bread with every purchase. :unsure: