Let's start a discussion - What's your favorite book of the Bible, and why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 19, 2021
I have to do one for the OT and the NT because I really couldn't just choose between these two;

Job for favorite OT book, and my reason is it is chock-full of insight into how spiritual warfare works, what power the devil actually possesses and the sovereignty of God, His timing and His will. Beautiful poetry, rich mental-image invoking language and a wonderful, timeless lesson on why it is that the good and righteous suffer needlessly.

Luke for favorite NT book, reasoning being it's the most comprehensive gospel, contains some unique parables(including my all time favorite of His parables; The Parable of the Lost Sheep), and is part of early church historical accounts along with Acts.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
One of my favorites is Philemon.

"If you won't take him back for his own sake, take him back as a favor to me. You still owe me one, bro, from that time when I saved your life."

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I have to do one for the OT and the NT because I really couldn't just choose between these two;

Job for favorite OT book, and my reason is it is chock-full of insight into how spiritual warfare works, what power the devil actually possesses and the sovereignty of God, His timing and His will. Beautiful poetry, rich mental-image invoking language and a wonderful, timeless lesson on why it is that the good and righteous suffer needlessly.

Luke for favorite NT book, reasoning being it's the most comprehensive gospel, contains some unique parables(including my all time favorite of His parables; The Parable of the Lost Sheep), and is part of early church historical accounts along with Acts.
Ephesians. If I could only have one book, that would be it. Ephesians is pretty much the complete gospel. It declares what God has done through Christ for the individual, what the Church is in reality, what it takes to be a Christian and how to live in the light of all that.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh wait, if we're doing one for OT and one for NT...

Ecclesiastes. The modern epidemic of depression summed up in one Bible book. We got everything we need, everything we want, and we find out it's total vanity... completely useless for making us happy.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Leviticus
*Heavy Breathing*

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
For real now...

John's Gospel for the new Testament...
Dunno about the Old Testament...
I got a lot of favorites.

From genesis to Joshua...Kings and Chronicles...Job to Joel. Love them all.

Every word is prescious.

Jul 19, 2021
Oh wait, if we're doing one for OT and one for NT...

Ecclesiastes. The modern epidemic of depression summed up in one Bible book. We got everything we need, everything we want, and we find out it's total vanity... completely useless for making us happy.
I like Ecclesiastes, it was definitely one I was considering for my OT favorite. It really does lay out in no small detail the ultimate futility of seeking life apart from God.

Jul 19, 2021
Ephesians. If I could only have one book, that would be it. Ephesians is pretty much the complete gospel. It declares what God has done through Christ for the individual, what the Church is in reality, what it takes to be a Christian and how to live in the light of all that.
Ephesians has been very timely for me as of recently. I also think Galatians is quite timely as well.