Let's Use the One Year Bible Together

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MitchW

Jan 18, 2023
I like to read the One Year Bible verses for every day of the year. Most days I skip but with others doing it with me I'd have an incentive to start it up again. I'd like to post the verses to be read each day at about 10 AM Eastern Time US. Then at 3:00 PM I'll come back to discuss it with all the other folks. I can even do a Zoom meeting after we all get used to each other. I use the Kindle One Year NIV Bible. If you use a Kindle, don't forget to purchase the One Year Bible.

The verses for today, Feb. 2, 2023, are the following:

Exodus 15:19–17:7
Matthew 22:1-33
Psalm 27:1-6
Proverbs 6:20-26

The One Year Bible NIV (p. 106). Tyndale House Publishers. Kindle Edition.

MitchW

Jan 18, 2023
When I read the Bible, stand or sit in my bathroom and do my 2 workout walks every day each for 2,000 steps or more, I play Christian music which I store on Amazon Music and on YouTube music. Here is a link to some of them:

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXlEVp8uHTXWSR3yrnS3p0VkHZbCWNMiB&feature=share

I am 87 and rely totally on the "Serenity Prayer:" "God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, have the energy and courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." I accept pain and incapacity in living as I age and also accept death as the Gateway to Heaven where Jesus rules and gives us peace and comfort.

MitchW

Jan 18, 2023
The verses for Friday, Feb. 3, 2023 are:

Exodus 17:8–19:15
Matthew 22:34–23:12
Psalm 27:7-14
Proverbs 6:27-35

The One Year Bible NIV. Tyndale House Publishers. Kindle Edition.

N

notonmywatch

I like to read the One Year Bible verses for every day of the year. Most days I skip but with others doing it with me I'd have an incentive to start it up again. I'd like to post the verses to be read each day at about 10 AM Eastern Time US. Then at 3:00 PM I'll come back to discuss it with all the other folks. I can even do a Zoom meeting after we all get used to each other. I use the Kindle One Year NIV Bible. If you use a Kindle, don't forget to purchase the One Year Bible.

The verses for today, Feb. 2, 2023, are the following:

Exodus 15:19–17:7
Matthew 22:1-33
Psalm 27:1-6
Proverbs 6:20-26

The One Year Bible NIV (p. 106). Tyndale House Publishers. Kindle Edition.
Hi, Mitch.

I sincerely commend your efforts here, but what you're desiring may be very problematic.

For one thing, that's a lot of Bible verses to consider in just one day, and all sorts of different conversations could start based upon what verses someone might choose to respond to. Then there's the timing factor. I mean, around here, it seems as if some discussions literally go on for months or even years, so I don't know how a daily supply of Bible verses can realistically be discussed within the confines of just the particular day in which you posted them.

Anyway, I'm not trying to discourage you. Instead, I'm merely suggesting that it might be easier if you just picked one specific portion of scripture daily to discuss. Have a blessed day.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The verses for Friday, Feb. 3, 2023 are:

Exodus 17:8–19:15
Matthew 22:34–23:12
Psalm 27:7-14
Proverbs 6:27-35

The One Year Bible NIV. Tyndale House Publishers. Kindle Edition.
I didn't see your thread until today, but I will try to read along with you

Thanks

Jun 20, 2022
I like the concept here but out of habit prefer to read the entire Chapter. Not sure why, I just prefer it lol