Lets Write A Book Together :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
The two men were starting to wonder related to Engedi's attraction to kale. You don't suppose she really is part goat, oh no that would make her a mytho_O oh no her a satyr! Engedi, proned to eavesdropping, couldn't hold back. For heaven's sake, Kale is a future health food fad, get with it you too:rolleyes:.
Meanwhile, the three captured characters, persuaded a cute little monkey to hand them the keys of escape for a chunk of kale. Yes, we're afoot now they exclaimed yes.....run run run like the dickens! Into the woods they went, hoping they were in friendly grounds.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Azrael looked at Samson, and Samson looked at Engedi.

"So do we chase them?" Azrael asked excitedly, as the three Philistine-come-Gravinites and a cute-but-now-angry-at-being-short-changed-with-a-tasteless-fad-food little monkey ran-ran-ran like the dickens into the woods.

"I guess I'd never thought about it like that before," said Samson thoughtfully.

"They're getting away!" interjected Azrael. "Even the monkey..."

"The inability to touch dead bodies probably isn't that much of a pleasure after all, is it?" Samson continued, as if the shape of Azrael's voice was invisible to the sight of his ears.

"They've reached the first trees now!" commentated Azrael. "And I think the monkey just bit the bald one...".

Engedi raised her eyebrows at Samson in an affirmative answer to his question, as she continued munching on the leaf-like substance she had described as the "future health food fad".

"As for the drink - who would ever want to be a wild man?" Samson continued rhetorically.

Azrael sighed frustratedly. "Even the bald one has escaped, 'though I wager he shall be minding that bite mark whenever he sits down for the next several moons".

Azrael turned angry eyes upon Samson. "They've gotten away! Escaped! Absconded! And now they're probably headed to the nearest village, where they're going to summon a posse of Philistines to apprehend us and treat us most mercilessly."

"Gravinites, I think they called themselves," Samson reminded him absent-mindedly.

Seeing the rebuke was having little effect on his friend, Engedi turned his frustration upon Engedi. "Do you know what trouble we are in now? And just what were you doing with those Philistines in the first place, anyway?"

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
I was returning home from visiting family in another town and was brought here by force, replied Engedi, I have witness the ruthless violence towards my people and spoke in defiance at the sight of them, she continued. Apparently, they don't like outspoken women, she muttered.:LOL:

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
"I know how they feel," commented Azrael, "I don't care much for outspoken women, either".

Engedi momentarily stopped munching on her kale, and Samson turned to his friend in surprise.

"Azrael, these are ruthless men..." he began, "If one can even call them men," Samson continued. Engedi munched a little quicker, indicating her approval.

"Violent, depraved, wicked, filthy... This brave woman stood up against the violence in her village, and should be commended for speaking against the Philistines, not berated", Samson finished.

"In case you've forgotten, Sam", retorted Azrael, emphasising the abbreviated form of his friend's name. Engedi's slowed munching of kale was indicative to all that she noted the tone of disrespect in Azrael's voice. "In case you've forgotten, we are on our way to pay a visit to one of these violent, depraved, wicked, filthy..." Azrael continued.

"Stop it Azrael. Stop. You know as well as I do that's not true." Samson interjected, a pained tone in his voice.

"Philistine!" Azrael finished. "Samson is in love with a Philistine!"

By the end of his sentence, Engedi had stopped munching her kale altogether.

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
Well, it's not all to surprising only a foolish man blessed by the God above would desire strong drink, touch dead bodies and pursue strange women, said Engedi. I shall now depart from thee now that I have perceived that in thy presence there is no knowledge (v7). And off to a narrow path in the woods Engedi left foolish Samson and his fallen companion onto a journey of her own. The End!

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
As the end credits began scrolling up the screen and the finale music started playing, a bespectacled man rushed onto the set and into the path of the actress playing Engedi. "It says right here", the man's index finger pointed to a signature on what appeared be a contract, "that you're obliged to stay with us for at least a further 12 episodes."

"I cannot work with him!" the actress exclaimed in exasperation, pointing at Samson. "He is as much a philistine as those over there," gesticulating to the group of Gravinites who were gathered off-set, the bald one hobbling with what appeared to be an injury to his posterior, whilst a monkey chewed disinterestedly on a kale bunch nearby.

"If you walk out on us now, you know we will see you in court, and you know we will win," the lawyer retorted. "And in the meantime, we will make your life a living misery. You will not be able to work for longer than if you had just seen our contract out to completion. Is 12 more episodes really so much to ask?"

The actor formerly playing Engedi narrowed her eyes angrily. "Here was yet one of the worst philistines of them all," she thought to herself, as she chewed agitatedly on her kale.

Meanwhile, Samson and Azrael looked at each other awkwardly. The end credits had been scrolling for several minutes now, and the two hadn't moved from their stage positions.

"I don't remember this being in the script," said Samson.

"It's not", replied Azrael. "I think you may have offended her."

"Me!?!" exclaimed Samson indignantly, half-questioning, half-incredulous. "I'm not the only one who mistook the poor girl for a goat. Nor am I the one who mentioned that philistine."

"Well, I'm not the one who is in love with said philistine", retorted Azrael. "What is wrong with you, Samson?" he asked, shaking his head.

"It's in the script!" Samson answered, holding up the script with his lines. "For all the artistic license we introduce, we have to at least get the biblical facts correct."

"Well, I agree with Engedi," answered Azrael. "I think you're foolish. You could have ended up with a nice Israelite girl, but instead you go around chasing philistines. I don't care what the script says. Frankly, I'm disgusted."

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Samson, sadly shaking his mane, said 'another 12 episodes?'. How in somebody's name are we going to fill in all these episodes when the writing is on the wall, or rather in the Book?
This sparked the attention of Azrael aaaand Engedi. 'This sounds indeed like a challenge of our wits! Are you up for it says Samson nervously biting his nails.
Right! Our dignity's at stake, a contract is a contract. ME, a Philistine?, let me prove my skills to you Engedi. For a few episodes I'll just throw my weight around impressing the crowds. Certain plots against me in other episodes will prove futile. Then my unfortunate slide into indulgence listening to the trickery of flattering WORDS.
Engedi wasn't enthused about this whole outline of tedious performances. My heart's not in it, so now what?
Aye, a vote is called for mates, said Azrael, being nudged by his thespian side. This could make us famous, yes yes, don't you see?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
But alas, it was not to be.

The actress playing Engedi, whose real name was actually Sarah, narrowed her eyes.

"I'll see you in court, Steinrichter", she declared. "And then watch me do unto you as Samson did unto the Philistines."

Samson raised his eyebrows, and Azrael took a step backward in shock. The lawyer, whose name was Steinrichter, dropped the contract he had been flouting in surprise, and it landed square in a puddle of Coke Zero, which one of the extras had accidentally spilled amidst all the excitement.

After bidding Samson, the other Philistines and Mr Steinrichter a defiant farewell with only a single finger, Sarah donned her dark sunglasses, exited the confines of the studio and straddled her motorbike, where she departed for more pleasant company.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Samson forlornly, 'holding the bag' said to all, we would have won, we had a Jewish lawyer for Heaven's sake.
As he tearfully watched the admirable courageous ex-teammate screech off he muttered:

'Parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow. My necessaries are embark'd: farewell. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave'.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Sarah Engedi - or Serengeti - as she was known to her friends - sped down the freeway on her motorcycle, her long, dark, curls flowing out free in the breeze from underneath her helmet. She had to get away from those uncivilised philistines. How had she ended up involved with them anyway? How could she have been so foolish to have signed that contract? What type of career choice was acting for a lady, anyway? These thoughts and her own answers to them raced through her mind, and she barely noticed the details of her journey until her destination was in sight.

Meanwhile, far, far behind, Samson was pushing his foot to the floor, his bright yellow jalopy coughing and sputtering black smoke from its exhaust, as it weaved in and out of traffic at a speed for which the car clearly had not been designed. His ever-faithful friend Azrael sat by his side, his face pale as his white knuckles clutched tightly to the sides of his seat. Both men were still wearing the garb of the ancient Israelites from approximately one millenia - maybe two - Before Christ was born.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Sarah parked her bike, and walked up the stairs and into the hotel lobby. A number of armed men in uniforms were walking about, as if the hotel had been experiencing some sort of trouble.

"We are sorry for all the additional security, ma'am", the courtier apologised. "It seems there was some sort of security threat this morning, involving another establishment in the area. I believe it is over now, but you know how these security types are - they can never be too careful".

"Well, better safe than sorry, I guess" Sarah replied. "I wouldn't want terrorists breaking into my room in the middle of the night."

Some 20 minutes after Sarah had checked into her hotel, a loud banging, rattling sound in the car park alerted the hotel occupants that something else might be wrong. It was Samson and Azrael, finally having arrived at the hotel in Samson's bright yellow jalopy. The black exhaust fumes started clearing as Samson and Azrael exited the vehicle, their white costumes swaying in the breeze like thobes. Several security personnel scowled as Samson and Azrael black suitcases in hand, walked to the courtier.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
As the time travelers stepped into the present century they felt very conspicuous as curious onlookers were trying to figure them out. 'Who is this gigantic man and his sidekick dressed in white attire?' they wondered. Ya, and they need a new muffler on their ride, someone else chided. Is there a comicon festival around another suggested. 'Is long hair back in style on men' a lady said wistfully, her eyes being fixed on Samson. Her name was Delilah btw.
Gee, said Azrael, do you think Sarah still wants to ditch us? Shall we approach her or will those uniformed dudes suspect foul play???

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
"Meh", Samson shrugged, ignoring his friend's concern. "Excuse me sir," he began, as approached a nearby security guard.

"Freeze!" another nearby security guard shouted. "Put your hands on your head."

A number of the uniformed men quickly unstrapped small, darkly coloured objects from their sides, which they pointed at Samson.

"I wonder where this is going?", repeated Sarah, as she strolled into the hotel lobby amidst the stand-off.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
More and more a feeling of guilt rose within her heart. Sarah knew she could dispel the showdown. Alright alright, she convinced herself, let's go intercede. '
The boys caught their breath as Sarah approached. 'Hiya gentlemen' she started 'what's up? These guys happen to be my body guards and I can vouch for them, they're ok chaps. Yes they appear strange but I can assure you they're on our side!' Her appeal and innocent charm swayed the men over. 'If you say so ma'am, no harm done.....c'mon men let's exit the premises, we have other imperative issues on our plate'. They were gone in a flash.
'Does trouble follow you around, or what? she whispered to Samson at yet another close call.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Samson looked appreciatively at his rescuer and shook his head. "It our attire", he stated. "They don't seem to like the way we are dressed."

"Actually, Samson", Azrael interrupted, "they seemed fairly curious about our suitcases".

"Shall I open them here?" asked Samson.

Sarah summoned more of her strength to keep herself from exploding at the ignorance and folly of her bodyguard.

"No Samson. You will take the suitcases to my room, thank you." she replied in the most dignified voice she could muster. She then left the room in like manner, with her bodyguards following behind.