Letting Go Of Ideals

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

vaz

yeh i know im "silly" but i bet you wouldnt love me as much if i wasnt "silly" OH OH OH OH guess who maybe taking a weeeee trip over to your neck of the wooooodssssssss hehehe

Aug 27, 2005
GASP!!! i would still love you...but you wouldnt be quite as entertaining lol!! where to?

V

vaz

ok entertaining then OH MY GOSH HAVE YOU SEEN TWILIGHT?!?!?!?!?! it my new obsession dude DOOOOODE its awesome!!

lol aye like everywhere i told levi id go see him up in ny coz i have fam there n yeh philly dunno whereever people want me really i guess i could get a bus or persaused my dad to arrage lifts in trucks for me WOOOOT!! lol

where do you want me to go???

xxx

G

greatkraw

I caved in, I'll rewrite it.

LETTING GO OF IDEALS

I guess the biggest downfall we'll ever face is holding onto our ideals of who is right for us. It's fine to know what you need and what you don't want. However, sometimes holding onto things too strongly can affect how we allow God to work. I've gone a few dates with a few different christian women. I've noticed each time that I realized that were all different then what I thought was my ideal woman. I had to make an exception for all of them.

I guess it's important to do because a lot of things we live by were decided by us at young ages. We always mature and realize more about life. I realized carrying life views by my 12 year old self might not be best. What does a 5, 12 or 17 year old know? A little bit more than the age before them. I've realized as I've grown, now 25, I've learned more about life. As I've learned, I've understood what I needed. I understand what I don't want. I realize the biggest hurt is losing out on someone worthy because your ideals held you captive.

I don't plan my wedding day, I don't script my life. I'm not looking to not make mistakes. I've learned to take each moment captive. I've learn to be unrestricted and let the chips fall where they may. I'm done controlling and manipulating my circumstances.

I've learned through spending time with various christian woman and learning about them that what I've thought I wanted in women weren't based off realism. They were based off ideals, what I thought I wanted. I've become more open minded towards getting to know women. I'm out to see who they are and what it is I need. I'm not running out dating to get myself hitched. I'm out learning and exploring.

I wish i had as much wisdom when I was your age.

You are on the right track.

What fascinates me are VERY AVERAGE girls who still want their ideal man, an ideal which continues to change and is unrealistic anyway.

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
I don't need ideals. I just want some simple human decency which is becoming increasingly rare in our society. Someone with principles, intelligence, morals, kindness. Those are not ideals, without these qualities I'm not interested.