Letting God pick

  • Thread starter Thread starter kenisyes
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I know at least for me 30 years ago, before I met her, I knew and when she met me she knew, can't explain it, and this doe snot mean that it has been a bed of roses, reality here in life is reality. The sooner one faces truth as facing bad things the sooner one gets over them and moves on.
Your bio says you are still married. So does both of you "knowing" mean you thought it was God? Would you have thought it was God, if you knew as much about Him as you do today?
 
God is love (I John 4:8). So love is always a litmus test of God's desires for us. But does this mean the same kind of love?

God's true love best described in
[h=3]1 Corinthians 13:4-13[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]4 [/SUP]Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; [SUP]5 [/SUP]does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; [SUP]6 [/SUP]does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; [SUP]7 [/SUP]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. [SUP]9 [/SUP]For we know in part and we prophesy in part. [SUP]10 [/SUP]But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. [SUP]12 [/SUP]For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

And this is given t each and every born again believer in God from God and by God. This type of love is the fruit of the Spirit of God, and can only be performed in God's Spirit, while we still are alive physically. So either we are controlled by flesh Spirit or God's Spirit.
 
Your bio says you are still married. So does both of you "knowing" mean you thought it was God? Would you have thought it was God, if you knew as much about Him as you do today?

All I know is right before I met her, all I knew was her name from another person, and as this person and I were talking, I said to that person, asking where does she live, and he said where this was at. I said to him I am going there to meet her and make her my wife. Two weeks later we married. I just knew that I knew, and I personally never attached that to God or not to God. I just knew, and we married in God's honor, allowing no man to put us under what God joined together, and there have been "TRIALS" oh boy. I have learned much about evil flesh, masquerading as Good, learned why Christ said there is only one good and this is Christ's Father