Leviticus...I am going in

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
I recommend approaching Leviticus from a “relational” perspective.... ..meaning God is trying to have a loving relationship with us without killing us because of our sin.....He is HOLY.

We were unable to do it, God knew this before the foundation of the world .........

God provides the Lamb of God - Yeshua/Jesus....He fulfills all the law and requirements in Leviticus ..... now, through Him (Yeshua/Jesus), we are reconciled back to the Father in a loving relationship. :love:(y)

Every sacrifice is a type and shadow of how we are to interact with the Father in a loving relationship.
:love:

The tabernacle instructions tell us how to be “holy” and committed and clean in our relationship with God. How to possess our “vessels” - our bodies that are the temple of the Holy Spirit. :love:(y)
Great way of saying that.

I while back when thinking' about the gospel as good news a need for encouragement. and how possibly it was perceived from the other side of the reformation, the demonstration of the cross. Some say the gospel is the golden unseen thread woven throughout.

I wondered what kind of method could help them on the other side of the cross to walk by faith. I remembered as a earlier believer hearing that men taught no man had the Spirit of Christ the Holy Spirit until Acts 2. So what strengthened them giving them a living hope.?

I stumbled across a verse a while back in 1 Peter 1:11 that seems to answer the purpose of the Levitical priesthood used up until the time of reformation. All of the temple furniture and images, kinds of metal, clean animals, un clean animal all pointed as a shadow to the coming of the suffering Christ and the glory that did follow, opening the graves and the doors to the mansion he had prepared for His bride, the church. .

They as us received the end of the faithful work of Christ working in them from the beginning when they first heard his voice drawing us to him.. The Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify ahead to them to us we look back the shadows allowed them to look ahead.

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.! Peter1:9-11

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I recommend approaching Leviticus from a “relational” perspective.... ..meaning God is trying to have a loving relationship with us without killing us because of our sin.....He is HOLY.

We were unable to do it, God knew this before the foundation of the world .........

God provides the Lamb of God - Yeshua/Jesus....He fulfills all the law and requirements in Leviticus ..... now, through Him (Yeshua/Jesus), we are reconciled back to the Father in a loving relationship. :love:(y)

Every sacrifice is a type and shadow of how we are to interact with the Father in a loving relationship.
:love:

The tabernacle instructions tell us how to be “holy” and committed and clean in our relationship with God. How to possess our “vessels” - our bodies that are the temple of the Holy Spirit. :love:(y)
Yes, you are right it is VERY important to remember His heart and character, while accepting our hope is in Him, not our ability to be Holy. Looking at it through relational perspective keeps Him at heart, not on the performance. Thanks Laffter. Love @I recommend approaching Leviticus from a “relational” perspective.... ..meaning God is trying to have a loving relationship with us without killing us because of our sin.....He is HOLY.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

I while back when thinking' about the gospel as good news a need for encouragement. and how possibly it was perceived from the other side of the reformation, the demonstration of the cross. Some say the gospel is the golden unseen thread woven throughout.

I wondered what kind of method could help them on the other side of the cross to walk by faith. I remembered as a earlier believer hearing that men taught no man had the Spirit of Christ the Holy Spirit until Acts 2. So what strengthened them giving them a living hope.?

I stumbled across a verse a while back in 1 Peter 1:11 that seems to answer the purpose of the Levitical priesthood used up until the time of reformation. All of the temple furniture and images, kinds of metal, clean animals, un clean animal all pointed as a shadow to the coming of the suffering Christ and the glory that did follow, opening the graves and the doors to the mansion he had prepared for His bride, the church. .

They as us received the end of the faithful work of Christ working in them from the beginning when they first heard his voice drawing us to him.. The Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify ahead to them to us we look back the shadows allowed them to look ahead.

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.! Peter1:9-11
Thanks for pointing to these scriptures in Peter.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Is it like when your children are being really naughty, not obeying a word you say, but you just cant kill them even though they drive you nuts...why because you love them.

Like that? But you need to teach them how to be holy and good. And it takes AAAGES.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Ya know, garee, after a lot of Bible study, I’ve realized...... it’s really quite simple....... the ones that did great things for God were “in relationship” with God...... Abraham was the friend of God, Moses spoke face to face with God, David was a man after God’s own heart......

All 3 - Abraham, Moses and David made huge mistakes yet, they were not destroyed because they had a “relationship” with God.

I can get busy with a bunch of good works but, the one thing God desires the MOST from me is a loving relationship with Him.

And, deep inside of me, that’s really all I want...a loving relationship with God.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Is it like when your children are being really naughty, not obeying a word you say, but you just cant kill them even though they drive you nuts...why because you love them.

Like that? But you need to teach them how to be holy and good. And it takes AAAGES.
Ya know what’s funny about what you said is.......we are the children driving God nuts! Lol! :giggle:

I’m so thankful for His mercy!!!! :love:(y)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Ya know, garee, after a lot of Bible study, I’ve realized...... it’s really quite simple....... the ones that did great things for God were “in relationship” with God...... Abraham was the friend of God, Moses spoke face to face with God, David was a man after God’s own heart......

All 3 - Abraham, Moses and David made huge mistakes yet, they were not destroyed because they had a “relationship” with God.

I can get busy with a bunch of good works but, the one thing God desires the MOST from me is a loving relationship with Him.

And, deep inside of me, that’s really all I want...a loving relationship with God.
Me too, that is all I want. I do want to do right by Him because I am so grateful more than I am suppose to anything. Ultimately, knowing Him has been the best part of living. Lafftur, i have another Leviticus question.

Why did the women after giving birth have to give a sin offering, a purification process. (Leviticus 12). Does this relate to the scripture that a woman may be saved after giving birth scripture (1 Tim 2:15)? Does it relate to the fall of Eve, since after her bring deceived, our pain increased during childbirth? Any insight would help.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Why did the women after giving birth have to give a sin offering, a purification process. (Leviticus 12).

According to this law, childbirth made the mother ceremonially unclean (because of the issue of blood involved) and thus required to be kept separate from others. This may have something to do with the fact of Eve's sin and the resulting curse of painful childbirth. But spiritually this signified that children are born in sin and shapen in iniquity (Ps 51:5) and need to be born again. Which means that because of Adam, every human being is born with a sin nature, is spiritually dead, and separated from God until the New Birth.
Does this relate to the scripture that a woman may be saved after giving birth scripture (1 Tim 2:15)?
No. This is something else. It simply means that the role of Christian women is primarily in the home and family. And being saved through childbirth means bringing children into the world, and then bringing them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. In other words, women must work out their salvation/sanctification by fulfilling their roles as wives and mothers. And that is also why Paul encouraged the younger widows to marry, bear children, and maintain their households. And older Christian women are to primarily teach their younger sisters regarding this matter.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
According to this law, childbirth made the mother ceremonially unclean (because of the issue of blood involved) and thus required to be kept separate from others. This may have something to do with the fact of Eve's sin and the resulting curse of painful childbirth. But spiritually this signified that children are born in sin and shapen in iniquity (Ps 51:5) and need to be born again. Which means that because of Adam, every human being is born with a sin nature, is spiritually dead, and separated from God until the New Birth.

No. This is something else. It simply means that the role of Christian women is primarily in the home and family. And being saved through childbirth means bringing children into the world, and then bringing them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. In other words, women must work out their salvation/sanctification by fulfilling their roles as wives and mothers. And that is also why Paul encouraged the younger widows to marry, bear children, and maintain their households. And older Christian women are to primarily teach their younger sisters regarding this matter.
Thank you so much, very helpful.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Lafftur, i have another Leviticus question.

Why did the women after giving birth have to give a sin offering, a purification process? (Leviticus 12)

Does this relate to the scripture that a woman may be saved after giving birth scripture? (1 Tim 2:15)

Does it relate to the fall of Eve, since after her being deceived, our pain increased during childbirth?

Any insight would help.
Great questions, CharliRenee! :love:(y)

I agree with Nehemiah6 in regards to the purification process of women after child birth. Even the bleeding process is the woman's uterus cleaning itself. Blood is definitely associated with purification. Even God uses the Blood of the Lamb of God to cleanse us from our sins.

I do not agree with Nehemiah6's answer to the next question:

Does this relate to the scripture that a woman may be saved after giving birth scripture? (1 Tim 2:15)

1 Timothy 2:13-15 King James Version (KJV)
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

My answer focuses on the power of the blood covenant....

Mary was a virgin when she conceived the Son of God which means her hymen was still intact. When the Christ was born through her birth canal, who broke her hymen and entered into a blood covenant with her? None other than her Savior - Yeshua/Jesus. Hallelujah!

She gave birth to the Seed of the woman.......behold, the One and Only Savior is born and is in blood covenant with the woman even from birth! Hallelujah!!!

What kind of love is this?!!! It bypasses all human reasoning!! LOL!

I LOVE THE WAY GOD RESTORES THE WOMAN! :love:(y)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

I agree with Nehemiah6 in regards to the purification process of women after child birth. Even the bleeding process is the woman's uterus cleaning itself. Blood is definitely associated with purification. Even God uses the Blood of the Lamb of God to cleanse us from our sins.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Mary was a virgin when she conceived the Son of God which means her hymen was still intact. When the Christ was born through her birth canal, who broke her hymen and entered into a blood covenant with her? None other than her Savior - Yeshua/Jesus. Hallelujah!

She gave birth to the Seed of the woman.......behold, the One and Only Savior is born and is in blood covenant with the woman even from birth! Hallelujah!!!

Me too, praise His Holy Name. Thank you so much.

E

eternally-gratefull

I was a corpseman in the us navy for 4 years. Working in the medical field, you see the cleansing properties blood has in injuries, it is so amazing to see things in the ot proven by science so many centuries later. Just more proof of how great out God is!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I stepped away from my Leviticus study for a couple of reasons. I had a family reunion and my daughter and granddaughters moved back in while my son in law is deployed in SK. However, the full truth is that it was frustrating me, trying to ascertain the takeaways...

Anyway, when in Mississippi, a cuz gave me a cook book, titled the supper of the Lamb, with a chapter called Burnt offerings. I smiled way down deep inside, because it stirred in me a desire to not only fix a dish, lol, but get back into Leviticus.

This morning a brothers shared notes really hit home... in them was Hebrews 9. It was so eye opening about Leviticus.

Well, I will get back to studying but I just wanted to update.

Mar 28, 2016

I would offer when discussing blood issues to remember that throughout the Bible, living blood is used as a metaphor to represent the unseen spirit, as to the essence of all spirit life.

I would offer what I call a 20..20 prescription that I have been trying to use....That is if I see a possible use, as that ..used in various parables as hidden mana that is spoken of in Revelation.. ,

2 Corinthians 4:18 would be a excellent tool when looking at the book of Leviticus.. It is like the book called Revelation , loaded with various parables using metaphors that require we look to the temporal things seen to give us the hidden gospel message not seen.

That kind of work of prophecy as a living hope was used by the old testament saints.... it spoke of the work of the suffering of our bloody husband Christ, beforehand, as well as us on this side of the first century reformation. We look back. they looked a head

The time period men were elevated to the same authority used to bring the gospel as the woman. both elevated to the place of one (God's Love).. Both can now together as one enjoy the ceremonies as a representative glory, a picture to the whole world .Christ is coming for his chaste virgin bride.

2 Corinthians 4:18While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal

Christian females have two functions in that way . One to the flesh as the mother of flesh... as that which was passed on from Eve.. (Eve is the mother of all flesh) ….And in another way a surrogate mother unseen as a new creature. A surrogate mother who by faith passes on the seed, Christ.

Which is the gospel made flesh for a temporal time period . The double blessing for the woman.

Men have one function..... not to be seen!!! LOL

One function of the woman as a metaphor, is to represent the whole Church or mankind one creation (male, female, Jew, gentile)

It speaks of that which we are (male, female, Jew, gentile) but not what we will be , when we do receive the last aspect of the promise. Our glorious incorruptible bodies that make up His new bride the church. This In reference to the phrase "the mother of us all" ( Galatians 4) The spiritual house not seen is made up of many lively stones. There is no gender division in the new glorious order.

Paul as a member of the bride of Christ speaks of the unseen use of the whole church....It is used as a representative glory that holds out the light of the gospel till Christ is formed in those he calls towards himself..

Paul as a member of the bride of Christ is shown in the parable below, performing the motherly duty.

Galatians 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

If we would take the spiritual understanding of that parable and compare it the unseen understanding , called faith to faith) . Then we can that see a woman like Mary had two functions in the Bible . One as a earthly Mother of the flesh and the other a surrogate mother that plants the seed of Christ .Hoping he will cause growth , and bring into this world His chaste virgin bride.

The church is typified as the mother of us all.

Like Paul again acting as a surrogate mother

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Christ our husband is typified as Jealous with the jealousy of God. His name is Jealous

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
He alone owns all things even to call new creatures like, Timothy calling him..... His chaste virgin bride..

Like mother hens he sends us out into the world. Two by two as if one...spreading the seed.

The wedding ceremony could begin any day, any moment . The chaste virgin bride of Christ (the church)... in her purity has not fornicated with the gods of this world and violated the commandment "not to have any other gods before Him". Her husband Jesus's love worked.....This was in order to defend her, giving her the armor to put on and keep on until the end. We then I believe have in our earthen bodies of death a living hope that which does defend us, the word of God as the law of God our double edged sword of defense . Thankfully , We can defend it as it defends us.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I would offer when discussing blood issues to remember that throughout the Bible, living blood is used as a metaphor to represent the unseen spirit, as to the essence of all spirit life.

I would offer what I call a 20..20 prescription that I have been trying to use....That is if I see a possible use, as that ..used in various parables as hidden mana that is spoken of in Revelation.. ,

2 Corinthians 4:18 would be a excellent tool when looking at the book of Leviticus.. It is like the book called Revelation , loaded with various parables using metaphors that require we look to the temporal things seen to give us the hidden gospel message not seen.

That kind of work of prophecy as a living hope was used by the old testament saints.... it spoke of the work of the suffering of our bloody husband Christ, beforehand, as well as us on this side of the first century reformation. We look back. they looked a head

The time period men were elevated to the same authority used to bring the gospel as the woman. both elevated to the place of one (God's Love).. Both can now together as one enjoy the ceremonies as a representative glory, a picture to the whole world .Christ is coming for his chaste virgin bride.

2 Corinthians 4:18While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal

Christian females have two functions in that way . One to the flesh as the mother of flesh... as that which was passed on from Eve.. (Eve is the mother of all flesh) ….And in another way a surrogate mother unseen as a new creature. A surrogate mother who by faith passes on the seed, Christ.

Which is the gospel made flesh for a temporal time period . The double blessing for the woman.

Men have one function..... not to be seen!!! LOL

One function of the woman as a metaphor, is to represent the whole Church or mankind one creation (male, female, Jew, gentile)

It speaks of that which we are (male, female, Jew, gentile) but not what we will be , when we do receive the last aspect of the promise. Our glorious incorruptible bodies that make up His new bride the church. This In reference to the phrase "the mother of us all" ( Galatians 4) The spiritual house not seen is made up of many lively stones. There is no gender division in the new glorious order.

Paul as a member of the bride of Christ speaks of the unseen use of the whole church....It is used as a representative glory that holds out the light of the gospel till Christ is formed in those he calls towards himself..

Paul as a member of the bride of Christ is shown in the parable below, performing the motherly duty.

Galatians 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

If we would take the spiritual understanding of that parable and compare it the unseen understanding , called faith to faith) . Then we can that see a woman like Mary had two functions in the Bible . One as a earthly Mother of the flesh and the other a surrogate mother that plants the seed of Christ .Hoping he will cause growth , and bring into this world His chaste virgin bride.

The church is typified as the mother of us all.

Like Paul again acting as a surrogate mother

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Christ our husband is typified as Jealous with the jealousy of God. His name is Jealous

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
He alone owns all things even to call new creatures like, Timothy calling him..... His chaste virgin bride..

Like mother hens he sends us out into the world. Two by two as if one...spreading the seed.

The wedding ceremony could begin any day, any moment . The chaste virgin bride of Christ (the church)... in her purity has not fornicated with the gods of this world and violated the commandment "not to have any other gods before Him". Her husband Jesus's love worked.....This was in order to defend her, giving her the armor to put on and keep on until the end. We then I believe have in our earthen bodies of death a living hope that which does defend us, the word of God as the law of God our double edged sword of defense . Thankfully , We can defend it as it defends us.
Very helpful, thank you. I want to understand Galatians 4:19 so I am off to read chapter 4. I so appreciate how other verses in other books widen the horizons of understanding.