Liars, damned liars and politicians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
https://www.skynews.com.au/australi...a/news-story/3682e964ebe8c726e67693dbe0bae97a

I am not one to promote civil disobedience. Neither am I ignorant of the corruption of the world system. The government of the state of Victoria is leftist, antichrist and authoritarian. The article points to the deceptions touted by the government that QR tracking information will not be used for other than contact tracing.

It is not mandatory to use QR codes, so I do not. I write my details in a logbook. It's irritating, but legal.

So what should I do? March in the streets? Start a riot? "WWJD?" as they say. My response from a Biblical perspective is to pray. I see no mandate to turn to aggression or violence in God's word. Did God bless or even protect Israel when she rebelled against Roman rule? No. AD 70 saw the destruction of the temple. Israel learned nothing. 60 years later, the nation was effectively destroyed.

The Romans bulldozed towns and cities. Some they salted the land to make it impossible to farm. This was an expensive process. Salt was so valuable that Roman soldiers were paid in it. We get our word "salary" from that same word.

K

kaylagrl

https://www.skynews.com.au/australi...a/news-story/3682e964ebe8c726e67693dbe0bae97a

I am not one to promote civil disobedience. Neither am I ignorant of the corruption of the world system. The government of the state of Victoria is leftist, antichrist and authoritarian. The article points to the deceptions touted by the government that QR tracking information will not be used for other than contact tracing.

It is not mandatory to use QR codes, so I do not. I write my details in a logbook. It's irritating, but legal.

So what should I do? March in the streets? Start a riot? "WWJD?" as they say. My response from a Biblical perspective is to pray. I see no mandate to turn to aggression or violence in God's word. Did God bless or even protect Israel when she rebelled against Roman rule? No. AD 70 saw the destruction of the temple. Israel learned nothing. 60 years later, the nation was effectively destroyed.

The Romans bulldozed towns and cities. Some they salted the land to make it impossible to farm. This was an expensive process. Salt was so valuable that Roman soldiers were paid in it. We get our word "salary" from that same word.

Without aggression and violence, America wouldn't be a country. Sometimes when it comes to one's freedoms, one has no choice but to stand and fight. Australia seems to have steam rolled it's citizens freedoms and rights. I think the best bet is to vote every single one of them out. It depends on what degree you disagree with them I suppose. Whenever my gov't is caught lying to the people, I'm voting them out, without question.

R

RichMan

Israel was not destroyed in 70 AD because they rebelled against Rome, it was because Israel rejected and crucified the Messiah.
Rome was just the tool God used.

You may have waited to long to save your nation.
Sometimes people need to have the backbone to fight.
Freedom is never free. You must be willing to fight for it.
If I were you, I would be planning my exit to the outback.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I think the best bet is to vote every single one of them out.
The days of using the votes to change governmenrs are over since the election machinery has been corrupted. What is true in the USA is probably true in the rest of the West. That is why the tyrants have no fear of the general populations.
More Corrupt Actions Uncovered by The Elections Group and Ryan Macias – This Time in Georgia
https://theredamerican.com/2021/11/...s-group-and-ryan-macias-this-time-in-georgia/

O

Oblio

I don't think it matters anymore what is uncovered. They have control and they will not give it up. As I like to say, they have us by the short and curlies...and they know it. And they know that we know. They're not worried. They know we won't do anything about it. Look at the election.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Without aggression and violence, America wouldn't be a country. Sometimes when it comes to one's freedoms, one has no choice but to stand and fight. Australia seems to have steam rolled it's citizens freedoms and rights. I think the best bet is to vote every single one of them out. It depends on what degree you disagree with them I suppose. Whenever my gov't is caught lying to the people, I'm voting them out, without question.
You think America is some kind of paradise? Think again. You think God is blessing America? Think again.

America rebelled against the British. I can understand why, but that does not excuse it. America could have gained independence without conflict. I believe that the Civil War was God's judgement on the US. Imagine if the issue of slavery was resolved by the British outlawing it and imposing that law on America. One of the key factors in the Civil War would have been dealt with peacefully.

America is slowly disintegrating. Many of the freedoms that all Western nations fought for are being erased. You can't say "happy Christmas for fear of offending someone. I wonder how God views that. "I'm dreaming of a non racially biased religious holiday period"? Does not quite have the same ring to it. Gay pride? Pride goes before a fall. White privilege? A myth posing as a fact to make out that non-whites are victims, not responsible for their own actions.

Political correctness is stifling every aspect of life, even in science. It's no longer acceptable to say that people are born male or female. Even though that is precisely the case, except in a very few unfortunate people.

People have all kinds of theories about the mark of the beast. I believe that behind the actual mark will be the requirement to agree to all the PC garbage that is being spouted right now.

It won't be long before the "U" in USA will be redundant, if it is not already.

The USA is rooted in rebellion. Independence Day should be a day of shame, not celebration. Australia is different. Settlement was forced by the British. The rebellious were exported to Australia. The USA has no such excuse. God judges Australia differently. If I was forced to move from Australia, I would prefer to live somewhere in the USA. It's big enough that there are still places where some sanity prevails and where God is still honoured.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Israel was not destroyed in 70 AD because they rebelled against Rome, it was because Israel rejected and crucified the Messiah.
Rome was just the tool God used.

You may have waited to long to save your nation.
Sometimes people need to have the backbone to fight.
Freedom is never free. You must be willing to fight for it.
If I were you, I would be planning my exit to the outback.
God is my refuge and my strength. I have nothing to fear.

I would last a day or three in the outback. If you are far enough away from civilisation to be safe, you are at the mercy of fierce heat, very little water, little shelter and likewise a lack of food.

I've lived here since 1966. I've seen many governments come and go. I've seen the mighty power of God do the impossible to rid us of governments that displease Him and oppress us. The problem is spiritual, not natural. Not enough Christians are waging war on the satanic forces behind the governments. We had a win with the election of a Christian PM. But much more needs to be done. One major problem is disunity. God commands the blessing where there is unity (Psalm 133).

I agree that Israel was judged for rejecting the Messiah. But the root of that was rebellion against God. That same rebellious spirit was turned on the Romans. If Israel had not rebelled against Rome, they would not have suffered as they did.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
US DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

excerpt

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
US DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

excerpt

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
When I can read that in God's word, I will agree. Do you imagine that Rome was any less oppressive to Israel than Britain was to the American colony?

People like to say, "what would Jesus do?" Well we know what Jesus did against Roman rule. Nothing. No revolt, no criticism, no resistance, no rebellion. The opposite, give to Caesar what is his. Even if it was obtained by extortion and force.

Kings come and go; God overrules all.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
When I can read that in God's word, I will agree. Do you imagine that Rome was any less oppressive to Israel than Britain was to the American colony?

People like to say, "what would Jesus do?" Well we know what Jesus did against Roman rule. Nothing. No revolt, no criticism, no resistance, no rebellion. The opposite, give to Caesar what is his. Even if it was obtained by extortion and force.

Kings come and go; God overrules all.
What? Are you kidding?

Jesus said render unto Caesar that which belongs to Caesar (the coins which have the image and superscription of Caesar on them) and unto God the things that belong to God (the people who have the image and name of God written on them). Take the people away from Caesar and give them to Jesus and what does he have, a bunch of worthless coins.

Jesus didn't have trivial revolution over trivial matters like tax, however He was the major revolutionary of the entire age of man. He is greater than Moses, greater than David.

No criticism? Again, a very naive comment because you assume His withering attacks on the religious rulers were not attacks on the Romans. The Religious leaders were simply Satan disguising himself as an angel of light. Just like the Antichrist works together with the false prophet. When the religious leaders could no longer contain Jesus they brought Him to be crucified by the Romans revealing that the two of them were working together like thieves.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
THOMAS JEFFERSON
Letter to William Stevenson Smith

excerpt

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.

The tree of liberty... (Quotation) | Thomas Jefferson's ...
The Tree of Life is far more important. The way to it was opened by the blood of Lord Jesus, not men. America has liberty. What has she done with it? Rebel against God, call evil good and good evil, find new ways of oppressing other Americans, toss God's word and God's ways onto the rubbish heap....... And then you sing, "God Bless America". And wonder why God's blessing is being withdrawn. America will lose the liberty and place in the world that it once enjoyed. As God used Babylon to punish Israel, so China will be a thorn in the side of the not so United States.

All that could be avoided, but I fear that it is too late. I think that the rot is too deep. I hope I'm wrong. A great deal of good has come out of America. If you want lessons from history, look at the British. They betrayed Israel, backed the Muslims against Israel and even fought Israel. God stripped the empire from Britain. Queen Victoria held up the Bible and said that it was the Bible that made Britain great. Britain (I'm English, btw), threw out God's word and rejected His ways. The result was inevitable.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
What? Are you kidding?

Jesus said render unto Caesar that which belongs to Caesar (the coins which have the image and superscription of Caesar on them) and unto God the things that belong to God (the people who have the image and name of God written on them). Take the people away from Caesar and give them to Jesus and what does he have, a bunch of worthless coins.

Jesus didn't have trivial revolution over trivial matters like tax, however He was the major revolutionary of the entire age of man. He is greater than Moses, greater than David.

No criticism? Again, a very naive comment because you assume His withering attacks on the religious rulers were not attacks on the Romans. The Religious leaders were simply Satan disguising himself as an angel of light. Just like the Antichrist works together with the false prophet. When the religious leaders could no longer contain Jesus they brought Him to be crucified by the Romans revealing that the two of them were working together like thieves.
Sorry, your interpretation does not stand scrutiny. When I read that Jesus led a protest march on Pilate's official residence, I'll agree. When I read that he abused Roman soldiers for oppressing the Jews, or told the Centurion to go jump, I'll change my mind. If God had blessed the several Jewish rebellions against Roman rule, I'd say you had a point. None of those things happened.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Sorry, your interpretation does not stand scrutiny. When I read that Jesus led a protest march on Pilate's official residence, I'll agree. When I read that he abused Roman soldiers for oppressing the Jews, or told the Centurion to go jump, I'll change my mind. If God had blessed the several Jewish rebellions against Roman rule, I'd say you had a point. None of those things happened.
:LOL::ROFL::LOL::ROFL:So you let some criminals, or BLM protest to define what a revolutionary is? Baloney. The definition of a revolutionary is Jesus. This is a 2,000 year struggle to bring in the kingdom as it is in heaven so on earth.

The NT does not end with the gospels, it ends with some horrific judgement in the book of Revelation. All of the NT writers wrote of this. Your interpretation doesn't hold water.