Life as a "Pastors Kid"

  • Thread starter Thread starter smiley_roses
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

smiley_roses

Guest
I decided to go onto this site in hopes of connecting with people, sharing, growing, and so on... it's really hard sometimes to talk about things so I just thought it'd be easier maybe to communicate with complete strangers around the world going through life and similar situations as a christian.

it may not sound like a big deal, but growing up and being a pastors kid has caused me to see things, and feel things I don't want too. such as.. pressures of what everybody wants me to be, having no identity then being the "PK." I think other pk's know what it's like to be constantly judged, people trying to get into your business and sometimes hated on for not being a picture perfect image.

I've struggled with depression, I struggle with "people pleasing" and I sometimes put a smile on my face even on the hardest days to just get through.. but there are days I just want to throw my hands in the hair and not care at all.

it's an up and down battle for sure, but I am who I am from the experiences and I know it's molded me so far... without these experiences I wouldn't be who I am or where I am today.... I hope to share more later on but thought I'd just post little blog for now. if you have anything u want to talk about feel free to leave me a message.
 
hi smiley
I've heard from a lot of PK's that it is a tough life and a unique set of trials.
Though not a PK, i did, at an earlier age, struggle with maintaining the image more than it being something i wanted to be. That's a tough one. I suppose you have to realize, especially now, at your age, that you have your own life to live. And your relationship with God should be between you and Him, no one else. It takes time, but once you separate your relationship to God from maintaining an image and letting people see 'the real you' your life will go smoother. Maybe not at first, as you shatter some expectations, but in the long run you'll be better off.

Anyways, welcome to CC.
 
Hi Smiley :)

I am a PK and completely understand where you are coming from. And I agree with Ugly's advice. In the end all that matters is that you follow the desires of God's heart and thru that you will find real happiness, real peace and real love in life. People in your life might even notice the difference. I have learned in life the hard way that you will never be able to please everyone. Most people are only looking out for their own selfish desires instead of towards the Will of God. I also carried a lot of burden as a PK because my dad had a lot of expectations of me in leading the youth and supporting him as a pastor. I understand how overwhelming and confusing it can all become. I'm only a message away if you ever wanna talk. Keep smiling! :)