Life catches up with you sometimes...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 31, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
I really need support in prayer. The idea that we reap what we sow is so very true. Before I cared about anything, before Jesus Christ was alive in me, I wasn't afraid to flirt and make a fool of myself in regards to sexuality. Some of those words have come back to haunt me. People talk to people...and words get repeated all the time. Now I need help to use those times that people remind me of my past life and lifestyle for His glory. What do I say, how gentle should my words be in regards to former choices, etc. Just need a little backup here. Thanks people.

S

shekaniah

The key is...it was before Christ. That is all you need to claim. I would tell people "Thank God I'm now a work in progress!"
Welcome to Christianity! We are all being renewed each day! Ask God for wisdom, stay in the word, God is faithful and will bless you with understanding too! I will pray for you, take care and God Bless.

Y

Yahoo4Yahweh

You know the true you, as does Jesus. People of the world can say many things through lack of understanding, but its our Lord's voice we need to listen to. He has the final say :) . God Bless you indeed. Hold your head high sister .

Mrdll

Jan 15, 2011
I know exactly how you feel little brother. In todays world, people do not understand forgiveness. Even some christians don't fully unstand it! I did things when I was 23 that people still hold against me and I'm 50 now. Some of those weren't even born then! Most didn't know me! Still though if and when they hear things, they hold it against me! You'll always have that, sorry to say. However, you can turn it around and use it as an opportunity to share His love for them. It's not always easy and it does hurt, but with the help of the Holy Spirit it can happen. You see, what satan means to destroy you with, God uses to build not only you, but others too!

I love 1 John 1:9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from ALL unrightousness. Without Jesus people just can't grasp that!

If you need to or want to just go to my profile and send me a message. Will be praying for you. Keep your eye's focused on Jesus the author and fininsher of your faith.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I really need support in prayer. The idea that we reap what we sow is so very true. Before I cared about anything, before Jesus Christ was alive in me, I wasn't afraid to flirt and make a fool of myself in regards to sexuality. Some of those words have come back to haunt me. People talk to people...and words get repeated all the time. Now I need help to use those times that people remind me of my past life and lifestyle for His glory. What do I say, how gentle should my words be in regards to former choices, etc. Just need a little backup here. Thanks people.
Yeshua and His followers do not look at the past of any of the brethren, that is what the enemy does. When the woman was caught in the act of adultry, Yeshua did not ask her about her past, simply, "Where are your accusers?."
When she told Him there were none to accuse her, He replied He did not accuse her either. So he chased the accusing enemy away, and gave the dear woman forgiveness.
May your walk shine in His love always. You have already taken all the appropriate first steps. May YHVH bless you and hold you near always, in the blessed name, Yeshua, amen.

Y

Yahoo4Yahweh

Ah,pink & blue names, I'm sorry, i just assumed you were female. Please don't take offense. :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus that His love, care and fruits shall show in all you do and are now. :)

God bless
pickles

Oct 20, 2011
Get rid of anyone in your life that is reminding you of how you use to be. Bottom line.