Life of Brian

• Thread starter morefaithrequired
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

Blessed are the cheesemakers

M

morefaithrequired

Jesus the messiah?
hes just a very naughty boy

M

morefaithrequired

alms for an ex leper?

M

morefaithrequired

at the sermon on the mount:
" lets go to stoning. this is boring."

M

morefaithrequired

political groups:
the judaen peoples front
or
the peoples front of judaea

M

morefaithrequired

what did the Romans ever do for us?

M

morefaithrequired

just imagine Cleese or Eric Idle as one of the Apostles. I wonder how Jesus could keep a straight face.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hmmm... yeah, that's probably not the best movie to quote on a christian forum.

M

morefaithrequired

this thread was just a litmus test. Im not laughing at God. Im laughing at humans who try to explain God and His plans.
Monty Python humour keeps us grounded in my opinion....come on twist your arm...laugh please...

S

Susanna

Well, Life of Brian is a typical British comedy which is also a film noir. Many people in America will find it blasphemous because many of us don’t know the references made in the movie. I know for a fact that this was also the case in many European countries when the film was released.

Anyways, British humor can be extremely funny. I’ve seen “Yes, Minister” and “Yes, Prime Minister”, and those series are really amusing. British understatement humor at its finest.

M

morefaithrequired

Well, Life of Brian is a typical British comedy which is also a film noir. Many people in America will find it blasphemous because many of us don’t know the references made in the movie. I know for a fact that this was also the case in many European countries when the film was released.

Anyways, British humor can be extremely funny. I’ve seen “Yes, Minister” and “Yes, Prime Minister”, and those series are really amusing. British understatement humor at its finest.
thanks susannah

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Monty Python is not what I would necessarily call typical British humor, but it was certainly aimed at our generation. Having been brought up Roman Catholic, I did get the inferences and references, but what surprised me was how offensive I found it, since I had already rejected the church and all it entailed by the time it came out. If I had not been in the theater with friends, I would have walked out... but I grappled with my sense of outrage (which perplexed me after all), and managed to settle in to enjoy the wacky, offbeat humor. Monty Python is an acquired taste, I think. I do find some of their work incredibly hilarious, though I do not think this movie stands the test of time :)