Lifes lesson

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JamesR

Aug 21, 2020
Spring Hill Florida
ok I will go first. The original sin was man trying to be his own God. And its at the root of any and every sin if you consider it. If you exempt yourself from Gods law and commit a sin are you not at its base playing God and saying because I do it. Its ok. This was also Lucifers sin which he whispered to Eve in the garden.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
That HE IS!

All things concerning the Christian Faith MUST start with believing HE IS!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The most important lesson I have learned is that this life is not me trying to get through life. It is US trying to get through life, and the more of us who realize that and stop being so doggone selfish, the better life can be for all of us.

Aug 16, 2020
What I find the most hopeful is how no matter what bad stuff I’ve done in the past, God still loves me. That I don’t have to bend down to the ways of this world and pursue God. I’m not the best with scripture cause it’s hard for me to remember things, but I looked it up on my Bible app, and found what I think best represents what I’m saying:

“We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:4-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
I am currently still trying to figure that out, but the more I get into the word, the more I struggle with stuff, so i am just trying to take it one day at a time.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
What is the number one thing the Lord has revealed to you through prayer and studying the word?
I think the number one thing is trust. Trusting in God. Sounds so simple, but yet is so difficult. Life is much easier to live when you have faith, at least there is direction. With no faith, everything seems pointless. I'd rather be a fool for Jesus, at least you're on the winning team.

JamesR

Aug 21, 2020
Spring Hill Florida
I think the number one thing is trust. Trusting in God. Sounds so simple, but yet is so difficult. Life is much easier to live when you have faith, at least there is direction. With no faith, everything seems pointless. I'd rather be a fool for Jesus, at least you're on the winning team.
I think the truth of God is simple. Oftentimes we overcomplicate it. When we must merely be still and know he is God.