Light years ahead

  • Thread starter Thread starter ContentCanadian
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ContentCanadian

Guest
I was only baptized in April 2013 and it is amazing what God has done in my life during that short time. In these short few months He has advanced me more than over the course of many years of my life.

Without God I was stunted, now He is creating, correcting and healing me. I am still majorly stunted but that will be changed. There have been painful times but through each He has shown His faithfulness and taught me valuable lessons. He has broken me to help me to realize that I am weak and was wrong in many regards. He is teaching me how He works and how to follow.

Lessons I should have learned years ago he forced me to learn, now I can start to move forward in my life and grow and mature. He broke me to teach e lessons and then turned around and blessed me. That being said I am still an immature Christian but I can trust that He will work with me and in me to mature me. I am grateful that he started his works so soon in our relationship, God is truly impartial.

My mood is more stable, I have more hope and I have more purpose now that I am walking with Christ. I now realize that a lot of what the world places value on are actually chains, and that trying to walk in a manner pleasing to God is freeing. I now have a desire to love others, which I did not have before. My desire for love may be delayed because He has a lot more work to do in me, or maybe not God has plans and they are best.

Thank you God for calling me and allowing me to hear so that I too could be come a saint of the light. I am so looking forward to our journey together as I am no longer alone. No matter what happens to me I cannot lose because I am saved by your grace.