Link between Pre-trib rapture and Jehovah's Witnesses' doctrine on 144k

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pumpkinbread1567

Active member
Feb 26, 2021
389
59
28
I've come to figure out that JWs teach that 144k mentioned in Rev 7 and 14 are the only ones to be of Abraham's seed and heirs to His promise, and thus to be kingly priests (1 Peter 2:5-9).

This is already contradictory to Gal 6 because you can't even be saved unless you are of Abraham's seed which is Christ,

but the main point here is some of those who believe in the pre-trib rapture theory also believe the raptured saints will come back with Christ when He returns.

One person in another thread suggested:
I think you're right. It says when he comes, he brings his reward with him. People think that he's bringing a reward for "us." Not so, I believe the "his reward" is "us" as we are his reward and he is our reward.

In other words, he comes bringing his saints with him.
In this poster's mind, the reward Christ will give you is saints.

It seems that, in this person's view, the saints that are spared from persecutions are treated differently from those who will. There, I see a part where those two beliefs from different denominations overlap, and share a thing in common: It's the fact that these are both about "better people."

Firstly, nobody is special but Christ, but it's true JWs teach that only 144k will reign as kings and live in heaven, which is nonsense. In fact, Christians already live in heaven. And it just concerns me that there is the same spirit among the orthodox churches, namely to think that some believers will be given a better treatment than the others. From various perspectives, being spared from persecutions is impossible, but these two doctrinal ideas, I particularly hate because these differentiate and separate certain believers from the rest when no servant is greater than his master. Nonetheless, the Pre-trib theology is by far worse than most doctrines due to the fact that they who support it intentionally put themselves under that "separated" category while JWs don't believe they know who will be "chosen" from among them. I think there is a glimpse of arrogance or blindness there on their part, and I think it's from the same mentality of Gamaliel, the Pharisee who caused many Jews to backslide to persecute Christians and the twelve Apostles, which is quite concerning inasmuch as Gamaliel inspired the Persecuted to turn into Persecutors.

It may look like I'm just ranting here, but I'm interpreting the uneasiness in my heart about it.