"I want to overpay for a technological lemon and not be able to plug in USBs"
I'm a technological agnostic. I will use whatever works for the situation in which it works best."I want to overpay for a technological lemon and not be able to plug in USBs"
—said no one sane or stable.
Even chromebooks have more funcionality than macbooks.
Clearly you didn't know how a MacBook works. That's fine, they aren't for everyone. And no, Chromebooks most definitely do not have more functionality."I want to overpay for a technological lemon and not be able to plug in USBs"
—said no one sane or stable.
Even chromebooks have more funcionality than macbooks.
Why should I buy a laptop and a dock, when the laptop itself should be the dock?Clearly you didn't know how a MacBook works. That's fine, they aren't for everyone. And no, Chromebooks most definitely do not have more functionality.
I have a MacBook Air (personal) and MacBook Pro (work). I don't need a dock for either one.Why should I buy a laptop and a dock, when the laptop itself should be the dock?
My beloved ThinkPad also comes with an expansion dock sold separately. So do lots of other windows laptops. And if all Windows laptops came equipped with all the ram their motherboards were able to handle from the start, you wouldn't need to upgrade them.Why should I buy a laptop and a dock, when the laptop itself should be the dock?
And if I want to upgrade RAM or storage space, I shouldn't have to buy a whole new unit.
Apple is going backwards in innovation with a futuristic finish.
I can make a profit if I'm advised to save my money from buying a mac, but I will lose a profit if I spend $1200 for a device that isn't better than $300 ones of its kind.My beloved ThinkPad also comes with an expansion dock sold separately. So do lots of other windows laptops. And if all Windows laptops came equipped with all the ram their motherboards were able to handle from the start, you wouldn't need to upgrade them.
If you don't like macbook don't use it, but there's no profit in being a hater.
Nearly as bad as your brain exploding because of Windows 11 issues.Imagine being regarded as the most intelligent and renoun scientist in the nation.
You are helping an emergency tactical team diffuse the bomb of a comparably gifted evil mastermind.
You've solved almost all the peices to the puzzle to safely diffuse the bomb, except the last part requires using regular USB flash drive, but you have a macbook.
You couldn't have known this would be an issue until now. There's only 10 minutes left on the bombs timer. There's no helpful dongle within reach, and no time to find one. There's no time for a workaround, either.
You would have disarmed the bomb with 9 minutes to spare, if you had just carried a practical computer. Now you will have to wait out the last 10 minutes of your life in awkward shame, as all of your intellect and wisdom could not compensate for having a macbook.
Lots of brands are about brand loyalty. Apple is just better at it than most.I can make a profit if I'm advised to save my money from buying a mac, but I will lose a profit if I spend $1200 for a device that isn't better than $300 ones of its kind.
That being said, a thinkpad can still handle laser disks, standard USB-A dongles, ethernet, SD cards, and external displays without a dock; A macbook cannot.
Solid state memory chips are still consumable items, so I would like to keep my device and simply replace a dead SSD or RAM, without being forced buy a whole new product.
You see, the apple ecosystem isn't about innovation, it's about loyalty to the brand.
I'm sorry, the several decades of mass-produced electronic equipment based on well-established industry standards aren't going to dissapear overnight, just because a company is selling overpriced computers and overpriced computer dongles.About that USB port you keep talking about, it is quickly becoming irrelevant because everything is wireless now. Apple is really quick on the draw to drop legacy hardware. I expect the latest iPhone to stop using physical SIM cards any day now and use e-sim only. That's the way we are headed, and I think Apple will be the first.

As a MacBook Pro user, I concur."I want to overpay for a technological lemon and not be able to plug in USBs"
—said no one sane or stable.
Even chromebooks have more funcionality than macbooks.
Heck, since the processor is in a socket, if I ever had the means to engineer a better CPU for it, I could.If I ever need to upgrade the bluetooth/wifi or go to 5G broadband, I can just install a new PCI-E module on the motherboard.
I don't have any Apple products because they don't fit my personal use case.And just because bluetooth exists, why should I stop having 'legacy hardware' for compatability anyway?
Because the wireless capabilities you claim are the future are just a little set of chips that have been in a lot of hardware since 2013.
I can have the futre and have the past with my old thinkpad. If I ever need to upgrade the bluetooth/wifi or go to 5G broadband, I can just install a new PCI-E module on the motherboard.
As a retired IT tech, I wouldn't have an Apple product in the field. My backpack would have a Windows compatible laptop, serial dongle, and various USB flashdrives. My multipurpose, lightweight tools and various needed gear would also be there. We were essentially carrying our office on our backs....and sometimes pur desk was wherever we found a spot to land, lol. To defuse a bomb, call 911......AND RUN!Imagine being regarded as the most intelligent and renoun scientist in the nation.
You are helping an emergency tactical team diffuse the bomb of a comparably gifted evil mastermind.
You've solved almost all the peices to the puzzle to safely diffuse the bomb, except the last part requires using regular USB flash drive, but you have a macbook.
You couldn't have known this would be an issue until now. There's only 10 minutes left on the bombs timer. There's no helpful dongle within reach, and no time to find one. There's no time for a workaround, either.
You would have disarmed the bomb with 9 minutes to spare, if you had just carried a practical computer. Now you will have to wait out the last 10 minutes of your life in awkward shame, as all of your intellect and wisdom could not compensate for having a macbook.
Is it really me who's enjoying hating apple, or just the version of me that you've made alive for yourself in your mind?You just really enjoy hating Apple for some reason.