Literal reading of Genesis 1&2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
I honestly can’t believe how foolish we all are. If someone has to be so emphatically convinced down to the specifics of how light can exist or be seen on “day one” to validate the authority of scripture, than they are obviously looking for reasons not to believe. It’s a story! It doesn’t have to be scientifically proven! Either you accept that God is Creator, or you don’t. What’s really the argument here is whether or not we can trust the Bible as the authoritative Word of God. People go at length debating theoretical physics in an attempt to convince others, or themselves that the Bible is inerrant. Moses was writing to shepherds, not Stephen Hawking. They didn’t conceptualize light in a vacuum, the vastness of the universe, gravitation, nuclear forces and electromagnetism. They just wanted to believe that the God that they are following to the Promised Land is capable of getting them there. We too want to believe so we argue, in an effort to keep every card in these card houses we build, supported in faith, from falling.

Does any of the time we spend here expounding our knowledge and sharing our wisdom bring anyone closer to the Almighty? For anyone who wants to believe, no proof is needed and anyone who doesn’t, no amount of proof is enough. A better question to ponder is how the faith of a believer is instrumental in physically altering reality. As well how the collective faith of the church can change a nation. I don’t have to understand the flow of electrons, on a copper wire, the induction of a current making AC power or the incandescence of filament to make a lightbulb function. I just have to know how to flip the switch. God taught us how to flip the switch. It’s time we use it. Instead of dividing the Body with information that only God can know and understand, we should be uniting in love and prayer. The time is short, Christ is coming.
Amen I would add .

It would seem technology is the intellectual gospel as the new source of faith or wonderment. This is as in avoiding it as a sign and wonder confirms one has the Holy Spirit . Technology is not evil but can be used in a evil way. I would suggest to marvel not.

The Amish have it as a foundation as well as many today that look to advancement like the chip theory as some sort of literal mark as a sign and wonder .

I think if the scripture informs us he switched, the switch on the fourth day as lights (Sun and the moon) in the firmament .Why look for a microscope or a telescope?

Why look to technology as if we could put God under a microscope as if he was made up the elements and atoms of this world and we did know him after the oral traditions of men as philosophies thereof .And not the prefect "law of faith" as that which comes from hearing Him.

We are warned of making technology the "new god", as the intellectual gospel

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest "any man" spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the "rudiments" of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:2 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Creating wonderment requiring it before one will beleive as what some call a sign gift caused the Jews to stumble over the invisible things of God not seen by the human eye . The Jews said show us God performing a miracle. Making God out as circus seal. While the Gentile who chased after the philosophies of men said : show us God by our superior wisdom of the world .

Both walking by sight. Out of sight out of mind or I am from Missouri the show me State.

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.1 Corinthians 1:22-23

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
I honestly can’t believe how foolish we all are. If someone has to be so emphatically convinced down to the specifics of how light can exist or be seen on “day one” to validate the authority of scripture, than they are obviously looking for reasons not to believe. It’s a story! It doesn’t have to be scientifically proven! Either you accept that God is Creator, or you don’t. What’s really the argument here is whether or not we can trust the Bible as the authoritative Word of God. People go at length debating theoretical physics in an attempt to convince others, or themselves that the Bible is inerrant. Moses was writing to shepherds, not Stephen Hawking. They didn’t conceptualize light in a vacuum, the vastness of the universe, gravitation, nuclear forces and electromagnetism. They just wanted to believe that the God that they are following to the Promised Land is capable of getting them there. We too want to believe so we argue, in an effort to keep every card in these card houses we build, supported in faith, from falling.

Does any of the time we spend here expounding our knowledge and sharing our wisdom bring anyone closer to the Almighty? For anyone who wants to believe, no proof is needed and anyone who doesn’t, no amount of proof is enough. A better question to ponder is how the faith of a believer is instrumental in physically altering reality. As well how the collective faith of the church can change a nation. I don’t have to understand the flow of electrons, on a copper wire, the induction of a current making AC power or the incandescence of filament to make a lightbulb function. I just have to know how to flip the switch. God taught us how to flip the switch. It’s time we use it. Instead of dividing the Body with information that only God can know and understand, we should be uniting in love and prayer. The time is short, Christ is coming.

ALL EXCELLENT POINTS, if what you posted was what I personally am discussing. Since it is not, I hope whomever this is directed towards gets the message loud and clear!!

Nov 26, 2012
ALL EXCELLENT POINTS, if what you posted was what I personally am discussing. Since it is not, I hope whomever this is directed towards gets the message loud and clear!!
Just making general comments.