Literal Translating the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Even though the strict definition of ET is "Originating, located, or occurring outside Earth or its atmosphere."

The only problem with using the word ET is that it has an entirely different nuance in English than what the textbook definition implies.

The nuance is heavily influenced by popculture and sci-fi movies. People think of grays and little green people.

The Bible doesn't use this same nuance when discussing spiritual beings from origins outside of Earth. It doesn't describe them as grays or little green people. It uses entirely different definitions and imagery.

We should not use the term "extra-terrestrial being" to describe spiritual beings.
I agree 100%, to use the term (Extra Terrestrial) is outside of the bible, and opens up the dimensions of Hollywood Propaganda

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
At what point in Scripture does it define heavenly messengers exclusively as spiritual entities? In fact Christ explaining our resurrected bodies describes animals have a type of flesh, birds another, fish another, men another and heavenly beings another. We will be like them, not necessarily spiritual, vaporous entities. Trust me, I understand that Christians have already decided what they think. However if it is like I suggest in a literal translation, how confused and betrayed will they feel if Revelations ends up more like Independence Day than the left behind series? Hollywood has pushed that there will be some malevolent alien invasion that we need to unite against. What if the plot is twisted? What if these heavenly beings are coming in chariots of fire under order of Christ, to defeat the great deceiver? Will even the elect be fooled?
Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation.

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ!

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved
, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God
, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
When it comes to understanding anything, typically more knowledge is better than less. I find that confusion arises when some read the Bible, because there are just too many opinions on what is written. Instead of following the masses to go along to get along, I dove in further. I examined every word for its literal meaning. Originally I was shocked. But the more I read, the more it made sense.

We are all guilty of confirmation bias. When we think we know something any new information lines up with preconceptions. It’s like starting a puzzle then putting some pieces where they don’t go. Then we try to fit the remaining pieces where we think they “fit”. Instead of realizing hey this doesn’t make sense, or that piece is a bit snug, we start manipulating the pieces, forcing them where they don’t belong.

I decided the accepted image put together by the church had too many forced pieces in wrong places and holes to correctly view the larger picture painted by scripture. It starts in Genesis.

First thing I noticed is this, “Lord God”, means Self Existent (Jehovah) of heavenly beings (Elohim). Elohim is plural meaning beings from the heavens. We are made in the image of elohim. This makes more sense when we read in Genesis 6 about the sons of elohim, seeing that daughters of men were pretty and took them as wives and impregnated them. Their offspring were mighty men. This takes place at the time of the giants. This story is exactly what is told in Greek mythology. Exactly! It is reiterated in Job when the sons of elohim gather.

If this literal translation accurately portrays scripture then it warrants further investigation. If heavenly angels, translates to messengers from outer space, which it does, then perhaps it sheds light on a few things. When I think of the battle of Armeggedon as a “space invasion”, it makes me wonder. Also it makes sense why Vatican built the largest infrared telescope in the world.

I’m curious about your thoughts. I know it’s a hard pill to swallow. I’m not making it up. This is what is clearly written.
Messengers from outer space?

You have mixed the concept of Greek Mythology with Hollywood "Space Invasion" to come up with a conclusion

The bible is very clear on the Second Coming, it will be in fire and Final judgement, as my post above clearly explains

Nov 26, 2012
Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation.

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ!

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved
, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God
, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
You skipped the part about the thousand year reign before Lucifer is loosed again to deceive the nations. After this time all is destroyed. (Rev 20) quite awhile after tribulation.

If you read ancient texts other than the Bible, you will find record of several times devastation has fallen on the Earth. I’m curious whether it is just as it will be in Revelations or St John was describing with the best of his language the cosmic destruction that has wiped out civilizations previously and will inevitably strike a final blow forcing the reconstruction of a new planet or just relocating. Who knows what John saw perfectly?

Nov 26, 2012
Messengers from outer space?

You have mixed the concept of Greek Mythology with Hollywood "Space Invasion" to come up with a conclusion

The bible is very clear on the Second Coming, it will be in fire and Final judgement, as my post above clearly explains
The Bible is clear but are all those who read it? The second coming is before the Battle of Armeggedon. It states He meets the 144000 and destroys an army until the blood flows as high as a horse’s bridal. Then what appears is a military campaign until the final battle where Lucifer is bound for 1000 years during Christ’s reign on earth before its final demise.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
You skipped the part about the thousand year reign before Lucifer is loosed again to deceive the nations. After this time all is destroyed. (Rev 20) quite awhile after tribulation.

If you read ancient texts other than the Bible, you will find record of several times devastation has fallen on the Earth. I’m curious whether it is just as it will be in Revelations or St John was describing with the best of his language the cosmic destruction that has wiped out civilizations previously and will inevitably strike a final blow forcing the reconstruction of a new planet or just relocating. Who knows what John saw perfectly?
No Physical Kingdom or Human's on This Earth are seen in Revelation 20:1-6 Below As Many Claim.

That seen below, is in the Lords "Spiritual Realm" 100%

Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ, 100% Spiritual Realm!

The Teaching Of A Millennial Reign On This Earth Is A Man Made Fairy Tale

Revelation 20:1-6 (AKJV)
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
The Bible is clear but are all those who read it? The second coming is before the Battle of Armeggedon. It states He meets the 144000 and destroys an army until the blood flows as high as a horse’s bridal. Then what appears is a military campaign until the final battle where Lucifer is bound for 1000 years during Christ’s reign on earth before its final demise.
Jesus Christ returns to Armageddon in the (Second Coming) delivering his wrath

The battle of Armageddon & Gog/Magog are the same battle in parallel teachings

The book of Revelation is seen in (Parallel Teachings) of same events, not chronological as dispensationalism falsely teaches.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Lucifer is bound for 1000 years during Christ’s reign on earth before its final demise.
Satan is bound from one specific purpose (Deceive The Nations) this isnt general deception, or all evil on earth as many Millennialist falsely claim, its (Deceive The Nations) to the final battle as clearly interpreted in Rev 20:7-8 & Rev 16:12-15 below, just prior to the second coming.

(Scripture Interprets Itself, Before Your Eyes)

Revelation 20:3KJV
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

As is "Clearly Seen" (Deceive The Nations) is to battle, the seal and binding of Satan is seen in the 6th Vial, Rev 16:12 that must be poured out, then he is loosed to (Deceive The Nations)

Revelation 20:7-8KJV
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Rev 16:12-15 below, is a "Parallel" teaching of Rev 20:7-8, the 6th vial is poured out, Satan is loosed.

(The Deception) is devils going forth to the Kings of the Nations, to gather them to battle, the 6th vial below was the binding of Satan, from this one specific purpose (Deceive The Nations) to battle, as verse 15 is the (Second Coming)

Rev 16:12-15KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Nov 26, 2012
Satan is bound from one specific purpose (Deceive The Nations) this isnt general deception, or all evil on earth as many Millennialist falsely claim, its (Deceive The Nations) to the final battle as clearly interpreted in Rev 20:7-8 & Rev 16:12-15 below, just prior to the second coming.

(Scripture Interprets Itself, Before Your Eyes)

Revelation 20:3KJV
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

As is "Clearly Seen" (Deceive The Nations) is to battle, the seal and binding of Satan is seen in the 6th Vial, Rev 16:12 that must be poured out, then he is loosed to (Deceive The Nations)

Revelation 20:7-8KJV
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Rev 16:12-15 below, is a "Parallel" teaching of Rev 20:7-8, the 6th vial is poured out, Satan is loosed.

(The Deception) is devils going forth to the Kings of the Nations, to gather them to battle, the 6th vial below was the binding of Satan, from this one specific purpose (Deceive The Nations) to battle, as verse 15 is the (Second Coming)

Rev 16:12-15KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Who is with the 144000 on mount Sion?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Who is with the 144000 on mount Sion?
The Remnant Church In The Wilderness, During The Tribulation, Being Fed Manna From Heaven, As The World Watches.

Revelation 14:6KJV
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Micah 7:14-17KJV
14 Feed thy people with thy rod, the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood, in the midst of Carmel: let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.
15 According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt will I shew unto him marvellous things.
16 The nations shall see and be confounded at all their might: they shall lay their hand upon their mouth, their ears shall be deaf.
17 They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the Lord our God, and shall fear because of thee.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Seems like you are basing a lot on "elohim" and are leaping into what is potentially a "sin of presumption"...

Words fail mate. To call angels "ETs" sounds wrong also.

Or even interdimensional beings or really any terminology in films. Just doesn't ring correctly. I don't know to explain it really other than it feels "fleshly". It "works" but according to what?

I like what JamuelJ said about how the Jews understand the word. After I read the first post it struck me that perhaps hearing a Rabbi on this issue might be beneficial. If you only have Rabbis putting it up for debate in the last 10-20 years and nothing before that...it's more suspect.

It is not my intent to come across as harsh or anything or even being too "fundamentalist" but I've come across elohim used in some pretty dark contexts (by chance really) and it is clear enough from that there is a push by some force to misrepresent and occlude it's meaning. So take that into consideration if you feel so led. When you see worldly organizations latch on to a particular word and definitely abuse its meaning, you gotta be cautious. What is abused and what is not should shed some light in a very hmm...roundabout sort of way...but still light is shed.

I'm not suggesting there isn't something to be gleaned by your approach. For me though it leads to some pretty dicey territory and requires a lot of effort to sort of see if there may be some reorganization of precepts or redefinitions somewhere and usually it leads to a conclusion that is about as clear as who was the person that fled naked on the night Jesus was arrested (as per the current BDF thread). We don't "really" know...so maybe some of this stuff is just private revelation/musings? Feels that way to me so I'm just putting this out there for you.

Nov 26, 2012
Seems like you are basing a lot on "elohim" and are leaping into what is potentially a "sin of presumption"...

Words fail mate. To call angels "ETs" sounds wrong also.

Or even interdimensional beings or really any terminology in films. Just doesn't ring correctly. I don't know to explain it really other than it feels "fleshly". It "works" but according to what?

I like what JamuelJ said about how the Jews understand the word. After I read the first post it struck me that perhaps hearing a Rabbi on this issue might be beneficial. If you only have Rabbis putting it up for debate in the last 10-20 years and nothing before that...it's more suspect.

It is not my intent to come across as harsh or anything or even being too "fundamentalist" but I've come across elohim used in some pretty dark contexts (by chance really) and it is clear enough from that there is a push by some force to misrepresent and occlude it's meaning. So take that into consideration if you feel so led. When you see worldly organizations latch on to a particular word and definitely abuse its meaning, you gotta be cautious. What is abused and what is not should shed some light in a very hmm...roundabout sort of way...but still light is shed.

I'm not suggesting there isn't something to be gleaned by your approach. For me though it leads to some pretty dicey territory and requires a lot of effort to sort of see if there may be some reorganization of precepts or redefinitions somewhere and usually it leads to a conclusion that is about as clear as who was the person that fled naked on the night Jesus was arrested (as per the current BDF thread). We don't "really" know...so maybe some of this stuff is just private revelation/musings? Feels that way to me so I'm just putting this out there for you.
I appreciate your comment and understand the apprehension to embrace the literal translation. Let me ask you a question. Have you seen an ET? How do you know what they look like? Is it like dogs? Are some huge and menacing while others are tiny? The word elohim means heavenly beings. The question isn’t what does it mean. The question is why was it used? The literal translation makes more sense if the factual story is aligned with other ancient texts. Other ancient texts have been presumed obsolete based on the propagation of Scripture and its monotheistic interpretation. We unearth these relics, many in the last 50 years causing debates, not because they are less credible in merit, but rather because it says what the Bible literally states. It’s the interpretation that questioned. The Sumerian texts very closely resemble Greek mythology and the literal translation of the Old Testament. Who really knows what has been destroyed in the Library of Alexandria? We know the Catholic Church would lose a lot of credibility and power if it were true. To say I’m basing a hunch on Genesis saying elohim instead of El, is incorrect. Evidence is all through scripture. According to scripture Abraham recognized Jehovah and two men near his tent and ran over to bow down and invite them to eat and rest. This story also makes me wonder why it is said that nobody can see the face of God. Apparently He enjoys veal and bread, as do His companions. If these men were alien grey looking ETs would the men of Sodom wish to “know” them? Also, if Jehovah was omniscient why would He say He was going to investigate to determine if the prayers for help were legitimate? What did Ezekiel see in the first chapter? Why can’t anyone come up with an acceptable explanation for Gen 6? Why did the RCC not reveal the third mystery of Fatama? For that matter what was that even about? Why did they build the world’s largest infrared telescope and tell the world, they did it because they know what’s coming? Is it because of the legend of Nibiru (a dwarf star that passes our orbit) that will lead exactly to Revelations 6. It may look like a red dragon. The gravitational pull would cause a large earthquake, the meteors in its tail would hit earth like stars falling. Islands would move from their places and even the atmosphere could appear to roll back like a scroll while the kings and military men sat quaking in the military bases they built into the mountains. A large flyby of another planet would do precisely these things. This is written in Sumerian texts. If this is worthy of investigation, do their other claims of ETs creating men through genetic modification of their own DNA worthy of thought?

Here’s the deal. Jesus said seek and you will find. I’ve been seeking for answers my whole life. However the answers I find aren’t exactly status quo. The question I’m asking you all is can you look beyond your preconceptions and fathom maybe just maybe we missed something?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I appreciate your comment and understand the apprehension to embrace the literal translation. Let me ask you a question. Have you seen an ET? How do you know what they look like? Is it like dogs? Are some huge and menacing while others are tiny? The word elohim means heavenly beings. The question isn’t what does it mean. The question is why was it used? The literal translation makes more sense if the factual story is aligned with other ancient texts. Other ancient texts have been presumed obsolete based on the propagation of Scripture and its monotheistic interpretation. We unearth these relics, many in the last 50 years causing debates, not because they are less credible in merit, but rather because it says what the Bible literally states. It’s the interpretation that questioned. The Sumerian texts very closely resemble Greek mythology and the literal translation of the Old Testament. Who really knows what has been destroyed in the Library of Alexandria? We know the Catholic Church would lose a lot of credibility and power if it were true. To say I’m basing a hunch on Genesis saying elohim instead of El, is incorrect. Evidence is all through scripture. According to scripture Abraham recognized Jehovah and two men near his tent and ran over to bow down and invite them to eat and rest. This story also makes me wonder why it is said that nobody can see the face of God. Apparently He enjoys veal and bread, as do His companions. If these men were alien grey looking ETs would the men of Sodom wish to “know” them? Also, if Jehovah was omniscient why would He say He was going to investigate to determine if the prayers for help were legitimate? What did Ezekiel see in the first chapter? Why can’t anyone come up with an acceptable explanation for Gen 6? Why did the RCC not reveal the third mystery of Fatama? For that matter what was that even about? Why did they build the world’s largest infrared telescope and tell the world, they did it because they know what’s coming? Is it because of the legend of Nibiru (a dwarf star that passes our orbit) that will lead exactly to Revelations 6. It may look like a red dragon. The gravitational pull would cause a large earthquake, the meteors in its tail would hit earth like stars falling. Islands would move from their places and even the atmosphere could appear to roll back like a scroll while the kings and military men sat quaking in the military bases they built into the mountains. A large flyby of another planet would do precisely these things. This is written in Sumerian texts. If this is worthy of investigation, do their other claims of ETs creating men through genetic modification of their own DNA worthy of thought?

Here’s the deal. Jesus said seek and you will find. I’ve been seeking for answers my whole life. However the answers I find aren’t exactly status quo. The question I’m asking you all is can you look beyond your preconceptions and fathom maybe just maybe we missed something?
Other Ancient text have no consideration to Gods words of truth, as you continue to bring the fantasies of Hollywood (ET Phone Home) to the Christian Bible Discussion Forum

Nov 26, 2012
Other Ancient text have no consideration to Gods words of truth, as you continue to bring the fantasies of Hollywood (ET Phone Home) to the Christian Bible Discussion Forum
You do realize that the entire reason of this discussion is because God’s words of truth illustrate messengers from space (heavenly angels), right? Not once did I state that Yahweh is a grey alien. That’s the point though, isn’t it? If you can fathom Hollywood is demonic, think about how they portray off world visitors. Just stretch your imagination for a second. What if the literal translation is correct. One day “chariots of fire” or alien space ships arrive, Christ has returned. Do you think movies like “Signs”, “War of the Worlds” and “Independence Day” will cause earthly inhabitants to welcome the true King, or open fire on Him? Here’s another scenario; my understanding of what might transpire in Revelations (a flyby planet devastates the world) then alien visitors who these “star children” have been saying are planting hybrids all over the world, benevolently come to help us rebuild our civilization. Then when those still alive pledge allegiance, so do the Christians because hey, the Bible doesn’t say anything about ETs. I guess the Bible was just a story for suckers like our new alien friends say. Enter the final years of tribulation.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Here’s another scenario; my understanding of what might transpire in Revelations (a flyby planet devastates the world) then alien visitors who these “star children” have been saying are planting hybrids all over the world, benevolently come to help us rebuild our civilization.
The Above Is Hollywood SCI-FI Not Found In The Scripture, "Dream On" Nothing Wrong With Imagination :giggle: