C
Chuckt
Guest
I think too many pastors and some in ministry are trying to do it in their own self-effort and they are getting burned out. They are very sincere but not living under the grace of Christ. I have listened to many ministers that once they got the revelation of the true gospel of the grace of Christ - their whole lives changed and this makes the hardships of the ministry bearable and even joyful.
It is a hard job. People call their houses all the time and interrupt the family during birthdays and expect them to help when someone in the church should step up. There is an elder I know and people in his church call up for him to get their prescriptions and he gets it for them and I think some of them could get it themselves.
There are people in the church who think they are an expert who are judging what the pastor says.
From my perspective, people are very sinful and don't listen to me so why would I want a job where people don't listen to me? You are judged if you aren't driving a nice car and you are judged if you are driving an expensive car. And atheists give them a hard time.
My mother in law volunteered to cook for the church and other people didn't show up so it infuriated her so she never went back because it took hours to peel, clean and cut potatoes.
We need to have more than Sunday only Christians.