Locust Swarms

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Wow, that's going to mean food loss in a major way, just like in the OT.

Aug 2, 2009
There are swarms of locusts chomping their way through Africa. From the pictures, it could be from the OT scene when the locusts devastated Egypt. See the article for the horrific details. I'm sure prayers are needed, the food from the farms there are being wiped out. Pestilence for sure.
https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2020/01/photos-worst-locust-swarms-decades-hit-east-africa/605653/
I heard about this on the regular tv channel news (not cable news). I was thinking biblical prophecy come true of some sort too.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I heard about this on the regular tv channel news (not cable news). I was thinking biblical prophecy come true of some sort too.
Someone should tell them that locusts are considered OK to eat in the Old Testament, just put different sauces on them.

Aug 2, 2009
Someone should tell them that locusts are considered OK to eat in the Old Testament, just put different sauces on them.
I remember years ago this reporter from one of the tv shows like 60 Minutes went to Africa and she was living with this tribe and one night they were around this campfire and locusts were flying around and they were eating them and they asked her to try it and she did. She just plucked a couple out of the air and ate them one at a time. She was watching the video from the studio and said she was a little drink at the time and couldn't believe she did it. They were small locusts, not those big ones.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Leviticus 11:22 King James Version (KJV). 22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
Who knows, they must be good if God approves, lol.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Try them sauteed in butter, onion and garlic.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I don’t want to be one of those doomdayers, but this seems to be in conjunction with other events.....

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
John the Baptist ate them. With honey too!
It appears there are many ways of 'enjoying' them. I gotta check the nutrition chart, but what a payback for destroying the crops, lol.