Lonely and sad.....Need good christian friends.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Hi, sorry for the "drama title". I am a 32 year old single lady. I don't have friends. I will love to meet good christian friends. I have tried to make friends in church and other christian gatherings, but each time it seems they already have their own little group of friends. I just can't seem to break in. There's no really one on one meetings, always group meetings and at the end of the meetings everyone goes about their personal group of friends etc. I get left all alone again.It is a big church and it's hard for me to get connected. All communication is mostly through e-mail, it is so unpersonal. I am very lonely, no friends, nobody to talk to and it leaves me very very depressed all the time. Please I need friends, good christian friends. If possible I can meet one on one. I am always sad and unhappy. I always feel weird and odd because I don't have any friend at all. I need to talk to people, I feel that If I remain like this I'm gonna get more deppressed and sometimes I start having feelings of self-destruction. I'm a committed Christian.

God bless you
Greeetings.

It was surprising, and not surprising to read your post. I have not only had similar experiences in my life countless times, but I have known others to also have those experiences. My former church uses "one call now" to contact people through computers and computer administered mass phone calls. it works well.

My hope is that you will not give up trying, or at least not give up hope. The problem you describe reminds me of someone who reports a puff of smoke on the horizon in some forest to be told by 911 that it is fall and someone is probably burning leaves... but it is the start of a massive forest fire. Bad analogy, but I think the problem is even bigger than we think. For one, Churches have become something akin to country clubs, theaters, performance halls, businesses, and so on.... and to some degree that is unavoidable... but the Church has failed, often, to be the family of God. That said, it is by far the best thing going despite all its failures. And also it is not because anyone is particularly cold or evil or inhumane. I simply think the Church as a whole has a wrong idea of what a church should be. We watch the productions of mega churches on tv and celebrity preachers, and we think THAT is a Church! But I would ask YOU a question, or if I could, the favor of asking a question. And if you did grant permission I would ask you, "Do you think The Ihgalls Family and The Walton Family on the old shows, The Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons respectively, Do you think those two families can perhaps teach us a lot more about what a Church should be than all the preachers on TV today? Do not get me wrong. I do not believe a family without Christ, the Bible, Prayer, and even the presence of God in our hearts by surrrender to His grace makes a church. But if a group of people is already a group of Christians, already reading and studying the Bible. already living and following the Bible... maybe they need to watch those TV programs to become a real church rather than hiring an entertainment committee.

The ability to love and fellowship in a community formally and informally submitted to and committed to Jesus Christ and the Bible is no small task. So my thesis is this, or question is this: "If Church behaved more like a family and less like an institution, would your alone-ness that leads to loneliness vanish, and that of thousands and perhaps millions of other church memebers?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Greeetings.

It was surprising, and not surprising to read your post. I have not only had similar experiences in my life countless times, but I have known others to also have those experiences. My former church uses "one call now" to contact people through computers and computer administered mass phone calls. it works well.

My hope is that you will not give up trying, or at least not give up hope. The problem you describe reminds me of someone who reports a puff of smoke on the horizon in some forest to be told by 911 that it is fall and someone is probably burning leaves... but it is the start of a massive forest fire. Bad analogy, but I think the problem is even bigger than we think. For one, Churches have become something akin to country clubs, theaters, performance halls, businesses, and so on.... and to some degree that is unavoidable... but the Church has failed, often, to be the family of God. That said, it is by far the best thing going despite all its failures. And also it is not because anyone is particularly cold or evil or inhumane. I simply think the Church as a whole has a wrong idea of what a church should be. We watch the productions of mega churches on tv and celebrity preachers, and we think THAT is a Church! But I would ask YOU a question, or if I could, the favor of asking a question. And if you did grant permission I would ask you, "Do you think The Ihgalls Family and The Walton Family on the old shows, The Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons respectively, Do you think those two families can perhaps teach us a lot more about what a Church should be than all the preachers on TV today? Do not get me wrong. I do not believe a family without Christ, the Bible, Prayer, and even the presence of God in our hearts by surrrender to His grace makes a church. But if a group of people is already a group of Christians, already reading and studying the Bible. already living and following the Bible... maybe they need to watch those TV programs to become a real church rather than hiring an entertainment committee.

The ability to love and fellowship in a community formally and informally submitted to and committed to Jesus Christ and the Bible is no small task. So my thesis is this, or question is this: "If Church behaved more like a family and less like an institution, would your alone-ness that leads to loneliness vanish, and that of thousands and perhaps millions of other church memebers?

Please look at the creation date of this thread, and the status of the person you responded to. This thread is over 6 years old, and Trezhy has not been online for over 5 years..

Oct 5, 2019
Hi, sorry for the "drama title". I am a 32 year old single lady. I don't have friends. I will love to meet good christian friends. I have tried to make friends in church and other christian gatherings, but each time it seems they already have their own little group of friends. I just can't seem to break in. There's no really one on one meetings, always group meetings and at the end of the meetings everyone goes about their personal group of friends etc. I get left all alone again.It is a big church and it's hard for me to get connected. All communication is mostly through e-mail, it is so unpersonal. I am very lonely, no friends, nobody to talk to and it leaves me very very depressed all the time. Please I need friends, good christian friends. If possible I can meet one on one. I am always sad and unhappy. I always feel weird and odd because I don't have any friend at all. I need to talk to people, I feel that If I remain like this I'm gonna get more deppressed and sometimes I start having feelings of self-destruction. I'm a committed Christian.

God bless you
You can PM if you like

I

IFOLLOWHIM

😉😉😉😉😉 I really hope she is ok now at nearly 40! Hope God has given her the precious love of His Son to comfort!
I understand what she was saying!
May The Lord give ALL us lonely people the FRIEND we need!

M

Mommybear39

God bless you
If you would like a pen pal feel free to write me. I live north of Edmonton in a christian community farm. My email is [email protected].
Lucy

Eriberto

Oct 29, 2019

God bless you
Good morning God bless you and your family keep the faith alive

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
sits,
silently,
next to you

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
sits,
silently,
next to you

von1

Apr 22, 2010
Please look at the creation date of this thread, and the status of the person you responded to. This thread is over 6 years old, and Trezhy has not been online for over 5 years..
Just saw the date of this post, i am 6 years to late lol, thanks for keeping me straight God Bless

Luke42

Nov 19, 2019

God bless you
Please add me on skype i understand you I am all alone in this . It is torture. Add me nickname "propolis.med" and skype name Mr Bean 2

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Luke, the OP isn't here anymore. She hasn't logged on in over 5 years.

Secondly it is VERY foolisih to give out your personal info on here, it IS searchable with any search engine. I've requested a mod to delete your skype info from your post..

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley

God bless you
Half the battle is admitting the trouble we are in, your there: half way to your healing and deliverance from trouble. Now about the other half, "Now is the accepted time of renewal." I won't keep you in suspense, but before reading the answer, what comes to mind for you? now that your half way to healing. Selah, means pause and think about it.
I'm twice your age and hopefully you don't need a father figure as I'm taken. Reading further will give you the answer, have you seriously considered what could be done from here.
"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that you may be healed."
Not that you need to find someone in trouble and pray for each other. There can be danger of codependent there. But while your in step one, there is more you can do.
"Count it all Joy, Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ jesus concerning you."
If you followed this word the Lord would instruct you further concerning His will.
We rejoice continually that He is with us in trouble. "In the world you will have trouble, but be of good cheer I have overcome the world."

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019

God bless you
Prayers for you sister. I used to go to a large church, sometimes it is easy to get lost in the middle of a crowd in such an environment. Do you have a Sunday school class or small group you attend?

mikeinore

Mar 23, 2018

God bless you
Hi Trezhy
I have had similar experiences

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
blue_ladybug I don't think they are listening. I think we need a "this is an old thread" cat gif, that you expertly create (hint hint) :LOL:(y):coffee: