Look who's here!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 20, 2019
Hello! I was on this site oh...some time ago now...under this same username. Perhaps some of you remember me from that. If not, I'm a twenty-year-old girl from Minnesota. I love reading, writing, guns, and lots of other random activities. Getting to know My God and Savior (studying theology), is something I'm passionate about. Ask me anything you'd like!

I don't know how long I'll remain on CC, but when I deleted my account I left rather precipitously and didn't really say goodbye very gracefully or well. I left for personal reasons that had nothing to do with anyone here on CC, and I think I am now ready to give it another try.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @Tinuviel, welcome back :) Thanks for telling us a little bit about yourself, and I look forward to seeing you out on the other boards!

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - I love your State, what I've seen of it anyway (the Twin Cities and, in particular, Rochester, where I spent most of my time the various times that I've been there. Nice people too).

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Hello Tinuviel, we have missed you during your absence (also known as AWOL..lol). We are glad that you are back and look forward to chatting with you again. Hope you find your old friends and gain many new ones. Welcome back! :)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Yes, I remember your name, cool from Lord of the Rings (right?), while going back on some threads when I first joined. It's really great to have you back. God bless you:)!

Nov 20, 2019
Hello @Tinuviel, welcome back :) Thanks for telling us a little bit about yourself, and I look forward to seeing you out on the other boards!

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - I love your State, what I've seen of it anyway (the Twin Cities and, in particular, Rochester, where I spent most of my time the various times that I've been there. Nice people too).

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
Thank you for the welcome! I was born and raised here, and I've always liked it too :).

Nov 20, 2019
Hello Tinuviel, we have missed you during your absence (also known as AWOL..lol). We are glad that you are back and look forward to chatting with you again. Hope you find your old friends and gain many new ones. Welcome back! :)
It was very much an AWOL situation...Glad to know I'm still welcomed back :D. Thank you!

Nov 20, 2019
Yes, I remember your name, cool from Lord of the Rings (right?), while going back on some threads when I first joined. It's really great to have you back. God bless you:)!
It's a Tolkien name, yes! Though the name is mentioned in the Lord of the Rings, the character herself is actually from The Silmarillion...but don't get me started :D. Thank you! God bless you also :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

So nice to see you back, Tinuviel! I have thought of you often :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
PURPLENESS! I've thought of you guys a lot too :). Thanks for the welcome!
As soon as I saw your post in the old/new thread I knew it was you :D So glad o have you back :) Also I do not consider that you left precipitously, as you did give us advance warning ;)

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

You will not remember me but I remember you 😊 but I am so glad to see you back Lil sis Tinuviel 🤗 Welcome back to the family 🤗🤗🤗

God bless you ❤

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Like the name...Idr who tinuviel is...been 7 or 8 years since I read the silmarillion.

Something to do with Beleriand. Gonna try to dredge those memories ha.

hmm...there were the dark elves (sylvan elves?) and then there was an elven kingdom. Tinuviel married a mortal and quite possibly Elrond's mother and numenorian line?

I do recall some sort of lament over her.

Or possibly she was captured and held as I seem to recall someone stole somebody, and held them.

Such an odd thing. I have very strange memories of that book. Was thinking of ungoliant just the other day when ruminating on a waste concept and excess and it even being frowned upon strongly in the world. Rarely comes up, but anyway welcome back. I'm pretty sure I've read a few of your posts in old threads.

Edit: Too many memories of the book are coming back now alas.

Nov 20, 2019
You will not remember me but I remember you 😊 but I am so glad to see you back Lil sis Tinuviel 🤗 Welcome back to the family 🤗🤗🤗

God bless you ❤

I definitely remember you, from your writing style and your profile picture. Your old username escapes me, but thank you so much for the welcome!

M

morefaithrequired

Hello! I was on this site oh...some time ago now...under this same username. Perhaps some of you remember me from that. If not, I'm a twenty-year-old girl from Minnesota. I love reading, writing, guns, and lots of other random activities. Getting to know My God and Savior (studying theology), is something I'm passionate about. Ask me anything you'd like!

I don't know how long I'll remain on CC, but when I deleted my account I left rather precipitously and didn't really say goodbye very gracefully or well. I left for personal reasons that had nothing to do with anyone here on CC, and I think I am now ready to give it another try.
"I love reading,writing, guns....... "
That would be an unusual thing to say in Australia.
Sorry felt i had to comment on that.
welcome back.

Nov 20, 2019
Like the name...Idr who tinuviel is...been 7 or 8 years since I read the silmarillion.

Something to do with Beleriand. Gonna try to dredge those memories ha.

hmm...there were the dark elves (sylvan elves?) and then there was an elven kingdom. Tinuviel married a mortal and quite possibly Elrond's mother and numenorian line?

I do recall some sort of lament over her.

Or possibly she was captured and held as I seem to recall someone stole somebody, and held them.

Such an odd thing. I have very strange memories of that book. Was thinking of ungoliant just the other day when ruminating on a waste concept and excess and it even being frowned upon strongly in the world. Rarely comes up, but anyway welcome back. I'm pretty sure I've read a few of your posts in old threads.

Edit: Too many memories of the book are coming back now alas.
All fairly accurate. Tinuviel is Luthien. She is the daughter of Thingol Lord of Beleriand, and Melian the Maia, and she married Beren, who is a mortal man. The elven kingdom is Doriath. Beren and Luthien's story is one of the "tales of sorrow and ruin that come down to us from the darkness of those days wherein amid weeping there is joy and under the shadow of death light that endures," but "Luthien Tinúviel alone of the Elf-kindred has died indeed and left the world, and they have lost her whom they most loved." So I'm sure even there were many laments made, though I'm not coming up with any at the minute. Anyway, major nerd alert. The book is a little strange, so it makes sense that you have strange memories of it. I personally love it! Thanks for the welcome!