looking for a few great scriptures....

  • Thread starter Thread starter CCmarie05
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CCmarie05

Guest
To put on candles. I design candles for craft fairs and the church I returned to this year is having their 2nd annual craft fair in December. I want to do some candles with scriptures but didn't want to just do a bunch of John 3:16 ....what would you like to have on a candle in your home?
 
Don't know how big the candles are, but here is one you might consider.

Matthew 11:29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 .) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
 
Don't know how big the candles are, but here is one you might consider.

Matthew 11:29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 .) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Awesome thanks so much! The money raised this year is going for new carpet in the sanctuary! I believe it's the same carpet that was there when i was little lol
 
There are so many Scriptures you could use, it's hard to think of just a few :)
 
I know lol that's why i am having a hard time deciding what ones to use!
 
John 4:24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 5:25) Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Matthew 22:37) Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 
2nd Corinthians 5:7) For we walk by faith, not by sight:

Luke 23:34) Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Luke 23:42) And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 .) And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

1st John 4:19) We love him, because he first loved us.


Ok, I'll let someone else add a few.........God bless, and good luck! :)
 
either that's the leaning tower of candle, or your camera's sideways......... :) :)

good job though........
 
Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matthew 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
 
CAM00282.jpg

Here is another i did. I had more time to work on this one...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
CAM00284.jpg

And the scripture side..... don't know why my pics are always turned to the left...when i select them from my phone they are right side up lol
 
dunno.........maybe you should "edit" them on your desktop.......drop the size down at least 1/3 of what it is currently set on......and be sure it's properly positioned.........that might work....... :)
 
You do a wonderful job. The candles are beautiful. I want to say this is a unique idea. At least, I've never really seen this done to a candle before.

Checkout Proverbs. They are generally short and sweet, so they might work well on a candle.
 
Last edited: