Looking for Christians to help me learn about the religion.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Maryam

Apr 20, 2018
Hi,

All my life I have been struggling with religion. At the age of 14 till 24 I didn't beleive there was any God nor did I beleive in any relgion. At 24 and onwards I started beleiving in God again. Now I want a friend a guide to tell me more about Christianity step by step and help me to learn about the religion more.

I am an Afghan female, 27 years old, living in the Netherlands for the past 15 years and seeking for some good friends/guides who talk to me on a regular basis and tell me more about the religion.

craigb9876

Sep 4, 2016
If you have any questions or just want to talk il be your friend anytime

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Again, I strongly suggest you find a good, believing (ie not purely traditional) Protestant church near you if possible.

D

Depleted

Hi,

All my life I have been struggling with religion. At the age of 14 till 24 I didn't beleive there was any God nor did I beleive in any relgion. At 24 and onwards I started beleiving in God again. Now I want a friend a guide to tell me more about Christianity step by step and help me to learn about the religion more.

I am an Afghan female, 27 years old, living in the Netherlands for the past 15 years and seeking for some good friends/guides who talk to me on a regular basis and tell me more about the religion.
To me, religion is like cod liver oil. I hear it's supposed to be good for me, but I've tasted it, and it's pretty disgusting.

Now, God, on the other hand, is more like roses. He's beautiful, soft, delicate, yet tough, smells good, feels good, and even taste good. If you're interested in getting to know him, I'll help. But if you're interested in becoming religious? I'm just going to feel sorry for you. :)

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Hi,

Hello Maryam!

God may be calling you to himself and you are hearing his voice inwardly. Jesus is more about relationship than religion. His teachings are centred on breaking down the barrier between God and man and making it possible for us to be in right standing before God. He is in a unique position to be able to offer that gift to you freely- the chance of a relationship with your creator.

God Bless You

N

NoNameMcgee

if you ever have a question feel free to ask me
:eek:

tips for study
or prayer

or if a verse confuses you

id love to help in any way i can

God bless

J

JB2018

Awesome. I pray that God will lead you to a church that preach and teach the word of God without adding, mixing, or changing anything to the holy scriptures. May heaven smile upon you.

Oct 14, 2017
I am not knocking what anyone here has already said... but there is only one that you should ask about religion... and truth. The two are not always connected.

And the one to ask is God... through the Spirit He provided for us... that we know know the truth of all things. John 16:13.

If you ask anyone other than that source... you may become misinformed.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I would love to help you come to know Jesus and walk with him. I will send you a pm and I hope we can talk.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

I am always happy to help you in your seeking.. Feel free to Message me at any time to discuss Christianity Maryam.. :)

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Hi,

You should find an older christian lady to teach you.

Apr 1, 2018
Believe Jesus is the son of the of the Living God,
Read the Bible then let the holy spirit that is inside of you lead you.

If you ever wanna go over scripture or have questions about the bible you would like to talk about, id be more then happy to study with you.
Tina

PeterJames

Feb 13, 2017
This place has many fine Christians to talk to about Jesus with and the forums are a very friendly place to do so.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Now I want a friend a guide to tell me more about Christianity step by step and help me to learn about the religion more.
The best place to start learning about Christianity is by reading the New Testament of the bible. I would advise you to do that first, and then ask questions in the discussion thread about any passages you don't understand or find confusing. I hope you find Christianity to be the correct path for you, its the only belief I have found that offers real truth and hope.

Dynamaniac

Feb 10, 2017
Hello, Maryam. Everyone is telling you to read the Bible. Do you have a Bible?

I think that the most important thing to remember is that Christ is not about religion, He is about relationship. He wants to have a relationship with you.

The ABCs of salvation are really quite simple.

Admit you're a sinner.
Believe Jesus is Lord.
Call upon His name.

If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth and call upon the name of the Lord, you will be saved. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and the wages of sin is death. But your debt has been paid in full by the blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. And the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus, our Lord, and it's there for you, waiting for you to call upon Him to be saved. This is the Good News of the Gospel.

Romans 3:23; 10:13
John 3:16

He is Risen. Our Savior lives.

Aug 2, 2009
Hi,

These two simple commandments sum up the entire christian faith, as told by Jesus himself:

Matthew 12:28-31 NIV:

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
The most fundamental basic belief of true Christianity is that God loves us infinitely. He loves us just as much as He loves His one and only human born Son, Messiah Jesus.

God loves us so much that He wants us to join Him in eternity and be a part of His own family.

Because he Loves us that much, He sent His one and only human born Son, Jesus of Nazareth, into this evil world to teach us what God wants from us, and then to die on the cross in our place, and three days later raise Him from the dead.

This is what God wants from us:
John 6:
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif]28. Then they asked him, [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif]"What must we do to do the works God requires?"[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif]29. Jesus answered, [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif]"[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif]The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif]" [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif]40. For [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif]my Father's will[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif] is that [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif]everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif],[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Charter, serif] and I will raise him up at the last day." [/FONT][/FONT]

Please PM me and we chat more specifically about what your questions are.

P

pjharrison

I will help you as much as I can. But I will tell you now that I do not go to a church. A lot of them here think that I am being led by the devil, but I am not. I know the scriptures and I can help you if you want.