You want me to look for something that is not there?Are you sure? Take another look.
You funny person.
You want me to look for something that is not there?Are you sure? Take another look.
Nothing in Col 2 says it's about ceremonial laws. Paul certainly could've said they were ceremonial in nature, non-cyclical, or some other description that would allow us to conclude he was limiting to just those. But he did not. The only way you can read it that way is if you come to the text with a preconceived interpretation.I was thinking that about you. Easy to falsely accuse someone of doing what you do huh?
The context of Col 2 is about the ceremonial laws with verse 16 being the ceremonial sabbaths. You want people to think it means the 7th day sabbath. It does not.
Perhaps you do not understand that the 10 commandment law HAS NO CEREMONIAL SABBATHS IN IT?
I guess you are forgetting day 7 of creation week was God's day of rest from His 6-day work week.
No ceremonial laws even existed at that time....
I don't see why it is so hard to understand. The Levitical laws figuratively pointed to Jesus on the cross for remission of sins.
NOTHING in the 10 commandment law talks about remission from sin, or animal sacrifices, circumcision, temple services, etc.
It's a list of DOs and DON'Ts.....
On the contrary, EVERYTHING it mentions is Col 2 is about the ceremonial laws.Nothing in Col 2 says it's about ceremonial laws. Paul certainly could've said they were ceremonial in nature, non-cyclical, or some other description that would allow us to conclude he was limiting to just those. But he did not. The only way you can read it that way is if you come to the text with a preconceived interpretation.
You didn't post relevant examples. You are arguing from silence.On the contrary, EVERYTHING it mentions is Col 2 is about the ceremonial laws.
I have already posted the examples above.
Yet you are unwilling to see them.
I DID post the relevant examples. You just refuse to examine those plain biblical teachings.You didn't post relevant examples. You are arguing from silence.
I refuse nothing. Grace and Peace.I DID post the relevant examples. You just refuse to examine those plain biblical teachings.
Refuse to acknowledge the fact that such verses actually exist in the chapter.
The weekly Sabbath is a ceremonial Law.On the contrary, EVERYTHING it mentions is Col 2 is about the ceremonial laws.
I have already posted the examples above.
Yet you are unwilling to see them.
Why did the church meet on the First Day of the week?You want me to look for something that is not there?
You funny person.
I am not sure if you see the pickle you are in. You preach as doctrine the words of your prophet that Sunday observation is the mark. Something that is eternal damnation with no second chances, no way no how are you entering into the kingdom in the slightest. Then you preach as doctrine the words of Christ. Matthew 5:19 "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."We will see... what the future brings.
Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Today church meet on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday....Why did the church meet on the First Day of the week?
I am retired, so are you saying I have to get a six day a week job to be an OT Jew ?Yet you break the 4th commandment if you do not work 6 days and rest from that labor on the 7th day sabbath.
Of course, as Christians, we worship God every day.
That's not what the 4th commandment is about.
I suggest you read/study Exo 20:8-11 for yourself. Se what it says.
Or are just 4 verses to hard for you?
Did Bible say we can retire?I am retired, so are you saying I have to get a six day a week job to be an OT Jew ?
I will keep everyday holy, and as I have been baptized into Christ, it is His labor and His rest occurring...not mine.
Good Point.Today church meet on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday....
Tuesday is for tacoday, but we can meet on taco day too.
Thursday? I am not sure, good to meet too I assume.
Which day we are not allowed to meet?![]()
![]()
Apparently not, if we have to work 6 days a week to satisfy OT rules.Did Bible say we can retire?![]()
![]()
Thanks a ton.Happy retirement![]()
☺
![]()
Correct, also early church faced heavey persecution from Jewish side as well as Roman side. They probably switch days to avoid getting killed. Stephan was killed.... and many later on.Good Point.
The Point is, the early church met on the First Day of the week, which was a celebration of the Resurrection, and it distinguished Christians from Jews.
Thursday aka "Thirsty Thursday"is when a bunch of us congregate in the shop after work and consume liquid bread.Today church meet on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday....
Tuesday is for tacoday, but we can meet on taco day too.
Thursday? I am not sure, good to meet too I assume.
Which day we are not allowed to meet?![]()
![]()
Drink a little ok, just don't get drunkThursday aka "Thirsty Thursday"is when a bunch of us congregate in the shop after work and consume liquid bread.
Not true.Good Point.
The Point is, the early church met on the First Day of the week, which was a celebration of the Resurrection, and it distinguished Christians from Jews.
Obviously if you are physically unable to do your work 6 days a week anymore why would that exclude you from entering heaven?I am retired, so are you saying I have to get a six day a week job to be an OT Jew ?
I will keep everyday holy, and as I have been baptized into Christ, it is His labor and His rest occurring...not mine.
I agree with most of what you are saying...Colossians 2
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
Are a shadow is the Present tense
the lawless read this verse as "were a shadow" of things to come, in the past tense and most of them don't even realize it.
Isaiah 66
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, saith YHWH.
The Issue of Colossians 2:16-17 had to do with the works of the law, which was found among the DSS, a checklist of how to be righteous, and eating certain types of foods and drinks on the appointed days made a person more righteous, they thought.
What Paul is saying is do not let them Judge you for not eating and drinking according to their vain philosophy of what they believe you need to be eating or drinking to keep these days.
They are a Shadow