Loosening faith and having doubt becoming an Atheist

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

elliepoppins

I had a bad relationship with my parents for the longest time. It got to the point where I just didn't want to exist any more. But then I started praying, and I knew that someone would always listen to me and love me and that was God. He got me out of that dark place, and since then my relationship with my mum has been better than ever and my life is a good one.

It it always seems darkest before the dawn, but I promise that this isn't permanent. Seek help with free online therapy, with hotlines, with friends and with God. Talking about how you feel is the first step in coming out of your slump. It may be hard to understand why God has planned this for you - I didn't understand why everything that happened to me happened at first - but with courage and faith you can get through it. I'm always here if you want to talk to someone who has had similar experiences X

May 28, 2017
Just try and have faith. Deep breathe, close your eyes, and talk to God. Smile knowing he wants whats best for you and have faith he's guiding us all for the greater good. I know when times get tough it's hard to see and remember it, but just try it, take control of your life knowing God is backing you up. I escaped a Satanic cult when I was a little girl, I'm 13 now and I'm trying to help out all I can in this world. If he helped me and saved my life he will help you too. Just dont worry and put your faith in him and he will come through. If you EVER, and I mean EVER need someone to talk to about ANYTHING you come to me, alright?

CherieR

May 6, 2017
You can private message anytime. I know atheists are not evil, one of my brothers is an atheist. I would highly recommend you to read some of Lee Strobel's books case such as Case for a Creator and the Case for Christ among others. God loves you so much and has a wonderful plan for your life in Jesus and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Consider reading Matthew, Mark, Luke or John in the New Testament. See how much Jesus loved people. One verse from Scripture I have clung to when I was afraid of going to hell and probably also having a hard time grasping how much Jesus loved me was John 6:37. It says All that the Father gives to me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. This is a picture of love and acceptance. Come to Jesus; he will not drive you away. Consider also reading the parable of the prodigal son and see the Father's heart toward you. The father in the story was waiting, watching for his son to come home after all the bad things the son did. When the son was in the distance the father ran to meet the son and threw his arms around him and kissed him. The son said Father I have sinned against heaven and against you I am no longer worthy to be called your son. The father is so glad to have his son back that he throws him a celebration.see Luke 15:11-31. This is God's heart toward you. He loves you so much!!!

C

CaptainGoat

Well hey guys so far I'm starting to hate life and feel more insure. I thought about committing suicide not even caring if I was going to die and go to hell for all eternity. I'm starting consinder to be an Atheist. I can't even related to other christian and I don't have any friends. My family don't even care about me. I don't see God doesn't have any plan for me in my life.
Have a big hug from us all. All is OK. God loves you and we do too.

L

LandryM

I'm not even going to touch on the religion aspect because that's a really personal journey and you will have to find your own conviction for it to be meaningful. As for the mental wellness part, don't be afraid to seek professional help. I've been there, and believe me, it's a struggle. No wise words will stop the pain, and that's hard. But seeing a therapist and getting a psychiatrist who can get you some meds if you need them is the best thing to do. Sometimes the problem is as simple as not enough Seratonin getting to your brain, and that can wreak havoc on your daily life. All I needed was some guidance and 10mg of Lexapro and my life improved dramatically. And having a support system is essential as well, be it online or in real life.