Lord's Day

  • Thread starter Thread starter Omegatime
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

Omegatime

Guest
Rev. 1:10 On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet. Usually when someone considers the mention of the Lord's day they think of first day of the week or Passover. But it could easily be understood as the Day of the Lord which is mentioned many times in the Bible. The Lord's Day mentioned in Rev. 1:10 is the only place most bibles have used it but not all, some do use the Day of the Lord. The greek scholars that I deal with actually prefer the Day of the Lord. Just passing this tidbit along.
 
Rev. 1:10 On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet. Usually when someone considers the mention of the Lord's day they think of first day of the week or Passover. But it could easily be understood as the Day of the Lord which is mentioned many times in the Bible. The Lord's Day mentioned in Rev. 1:10 is the only place most bibles have used it but not all, some do use the Day of the Lord. The greek scholars that I deal with actually prefer the Day of the Lord. Just passing this tidbit along.
Thanks, however, it means exactly the same thing. People may get the wrong impression, but that's because of preconceived notions. Pleeeeeze no one start banging on about the sabbath! It's been done to death.