Lords Prayer Updated

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
2 Peter 3:10-13 was written after the resurrection and ascension of Christ, before the return.


imo no, you don't get to rewrite the Bible.
Let me add this. True, the scriptures you have quoted were written after Christ departed the earth, but they were recollections of what Christ said to them, before He died and rose.
So, the Lord’s Prayer was given before the cross, but the prayer was recorded in written form after the cross.
 
Revelation 22
King James Version
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

2 Corinthians 2
King James Version
17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Psalm 12
King James Version
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
 
Let me add this. True, the scriptures you have quoted were written after Christ departed the earth, but they were recollections of what Christ said to them, before He died and rose.
So, the Lord’s Prayer was given before the cross, but the prayer was recorded in written form after the cross.

They asked Jesus to teach them how to pray. His response was for all time, not just until Pentecost.
 
The church is not the physical kingdom of God. It is just the place where believers meet or congregate. Any place can be a church, as long as believers decide so, but that does not make it the physical kingdom of God.
Former stores & warehouses have been turned into churches.

You've made the transition from it's true meaning, ie, a called-out assembly of the citizens (ἐκκλησία ekklesia), to an unintended meaning, ie, a building (church). That error got introduced by the Romans in the Vulgate. The called-out (from the world) citizens are the kingdom and the lord is their king.
 
The original prayer was given before the spiritual kingdom came, because Jesus had not died and risen yet It was given before Christianity started, which started when Jesus rose.
Yes, I believe the kingdom in that prayer was referring to His church (which is the shadow of the one in the heavenly realm), which is now already established.
 
The church is not the physical kingdom of God. It is just the place where believers meet or congregate. Any place can be a church, as long as believers decide so, but that does not make it the physical kingdom of God.
Former stores & warehouses have been turned into churches.
The kingdom can be taken 2 ways, depending on context. And yes, where 2 or more are gathered in His name…..
 
You've made the transition from it's true meaning, ie, a called-out assembly of the citizens (ἐκκλησία ekklesia), to an unintended meaning, ie, a building (church). That error got introduced by the Romans in the Vulgate. The called-out (from the world) citizens are the kingdom and the lord is their king.

My error. I thought the word church derived from the Latin Vulgate, but it is Anglo-Saxon in origin, and from that received the meaning of building rather than it's original meaning of a called-out assembly of people.
 
if you're living your best life now, what do you look forward to?
Truth I hate this life
.All I have and need is the promise Son. I don't want anything at somebody else has excep more of Holy Spirit growth people don't even know who they are they are told who they are.The Holy Ghost tells me exactly who I am not I haven't found anybody on here yet to share more about that if you read this then you're an entity you and serve
Let me add this. True, the scriptures you have quoted were written after Christ departed the earth, but they were recollections of what Christ said to them, before He died and rose.
So, the Lord’s Prayer was given before the cross, but the prayer was recorded in written form after the cross.
The Holy Spirit never stop working! and I have no clue what you pointing out . Everything Jesus did was for us to receive the Holy Spirit to follow Him wherever he is . It sounds like you're trying to bury the Holy Spirit
 
They asked Jesus to teach them how to pray. His response was for all time, not just until Pentecost.
I try to operated on earth as it is in heaven.i have a very small heaven on earth only because many over educated Men don't want the Sealed deal of the Holy Spirit that would possibly expand My Heaven on Earth
 
Revelation 22
King James Version
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

2 Corinthians 2
King James Version
17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Psalm 12
King James Version
6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

No one is adding or subtracting anything from the word of God. I have simply done, what so many people before me have done, which is to update the text, so it’s easier and clearer, for the present generation to understanding.
All the present bible versions that we use and cherish today, were also updated from previous earlier versions, but without changing the core message.
And without a doubt, if the world does not end soon, the Bible will be updated, for the convenience of the future generations.
Neither you nor I could understand the original bible text, if it wasn’t updated and clarified for our generation, but without changing the core message.
 
Truth I hate this life
.All I have and need is the promise Son. I don't want anything at somebody else has excep more of Holy Spirit growth people don't even know who they are they are told who they are.The Holy Ghost tells me exactly who I am not I haven't found anybody on here yet to share more about that if you read this then you're an entity you and serve

The Holy Spirit never stop working! and I have no clue what you pointing out . Everything Jesus did was for us to receive the Holy Spirit to follow Him wherever he is . It sounds like you're trying to bury the Holy Spirit
I have the Holy Spirit, speak in tongues and cherish it, but my post is not about the Holy Spirit. Let us not introduce other topics within the original topic. Let’s stay focused. It’s very easy to get sidetracked and go in many different directions, away from the original topic.
 
Truth I hate this life
.All I have and need is the promise Son. I don't want anything at somebody else has excep more of Holy Spirit growth people don't even know who they are they are told who they are.The Holy Ghost tells me exactly who I am not I haven't found anybody on here yet to share more about that if you read this then you're an entity you and serve

The Holy Spirit never stop working! and I have no clue what you pointing out . Everything Jesus did was for us to receive the Holy Spirit to follow Him wherever he is . It sounds like you're trying to bury the Holy Spirit

I did not suggest or imply that the Holy Spirit stopped working. The Holy Spirit is a whole different topic. My post is about making scripture clearer and easier to understand by updating it, to the understanding of the present day. It’s been done before and will be done again, in the future.
 
I did not suggest or imply that the Holy Spirit stopped working. The Holy Spirit is a whole different topic. My post is about making scripture clearer and easier to understand by updating it, to the understanding of the present day. It’s been done before and will be done again, in the future.
Idk suppose he don't matter to many thanx update
 
I did not suggest or imply that the Holy Spirit stopped working. The Holy Spirit is a whole different topic. My post is about making scripture clearer and easier to understand by updating it, to the understanding of the present day. It’s been done before and will be done again, in the future.
Just tell me what you're looking for I'm sure we can come to something
 
They asked him how to pray is that the question and yes use HS best prayer is that better or should I talk as a man in their level? Are you trying to update a book for sale? Take out men in in 12 32 but judgment instead save more souls idk I need and chat like big mess of stuff to keep in track I'm ez just firm in my covering
 
Jn 12 :32 remove the italicized word "men" you could put the italicized word Judgement instead hold on HS hits hard once soaked in enjoy
 
Kjv had many scholars doing the best they could translation no ez ,yet not perfect but it is the perfect design for all to read . There some big mistakes But I see it by design seperates true seeker from pretenders an example is JN 12 but at the end 12:32 The word men was added , originally nothing but added men italicized. I see now regular text say draw All men ,that's red letter stuff. If you got a chance go read 12 of John and see what Jesus was saying he would draw ALL unto himself it should blow you mind once grasp to it .enjoy idk subject btw just share kjv best I thank much for it