Lordship salvation vs. "easy believism"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
The Law has always been our tutor to lead us to Christ. It points to what God considers to be sin, instead of man-made offences.
At one time it was considered sinful to chew gum, obviously in jealousy by those who had no teeth.

If you want to keep the Law, there are 613 of them..........go for it.
I prefer to put my eternal security in the hands of the One who bought me.
Which of God's perfect laws, written on our hearts and minds under God's new covenant of grace, do you object to obey, while you as part of his saints, grow in perfection to meet a perfect God?

https://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

Maybe you will not object to the one that says do not eat bats - as it might cause a virus of some sorts.... :)

13 "And these you shall detest among the birds; they shall not be eaten; they are detestable: the eagle, the bearded vulture, the black vulture, 19 the stork, the heron of any kind, the hoopoe, and the bat.

God knows better, his commandments are for our good, to love Him with all our hearts, minds, souls and might and our fellow man as ourselves.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Allot of posts here.. 40 pages. So I am on the right page.. whos truth are we running with? Come on.. we need to at least share "this is what I believe". The sweet holy Spirit is not showing everyone a different meaning.

Lordship Salvation. Something that has never come up in my life. I think I know when it was first talked about 1950's? From all I have searched and read there are things with in it I fully agree with. Where I differ is Jesus(Yeshua) is real. This (Gospel) has to be more then just words right? So if its just words then.. hello YES we better see some change in a person.

But.. again what I believe is the word (sorry song "Jesus my sweetest friend". Prize wroth fighting for) <--hearing songs like that.. I just .. have to stop praise Him... your love is my reward.. the prize worth fighting for.. Jesus your worth my all.....

Sorry.. so I believe the word of God is alive. So I look at how I came to Christ.. I find out.. it was Him pulling at my heart. Though I believe in ALL the gifts and what not.. it was in a Baptist Church I was found a treasure in its self. So that sinners pray is real. John 3:16 Rom 10 9-10. I believed ( song.. I am thankful for the scars.. thinking about Him.. and that moment..) So I repented.. I believed in my heart.. I confessed Him with my mouth.

So I could have just said "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" See are not puppets.. but we live in a fallen world and this flesh loves to sin. But if you think YOU can change YOU you will always fail. It was is always will be HIM. He started something.. there is time and space with God. There is not.. Better Change NOW or your not saved!

Its not that simple. You KNOW so many things in YOUR life you never let go of. He wont do anything unless we ..haha song playing right now (Control some how you want me).. wow wow Praise you Father.. perfect timing again. So some give it all in a moment others can take a life time. Yet we JUDGE based on not the heart but the flesh. YES from what is written we expect to see something.

Did not Paul talk about this? He comes back and.. what? Your still drinking milk? Still saved. I don't know WHO came up with EASY salvation. Not for me. ...so it comes back to what HE started in YOU He will finish.. no? Yeah.. let go and have FAITH that HE is so real..

Last song playing.. Burdens.. Jamie Kimmett. Lay your burdens down... at the feet at the feet of Jesus...

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
Do you have to say Yeshua everytime you say Jesus?
I like to do it, if a Messianic Jew (or other Jew interested in our King) does a search of Yeshua combined with other search terms, it will be found on a search engine on the internet. It's a little way of bringing the Gospel to all, Jews and Gentiles alike.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Closet open theist?
now your being silly .
Gregory Boyd, a well-known advocate of Open Theism says,

"Much of it [the future], open theists will concede, is settled ahead of time, either by God's predestining will or by existing earthly causes, but it is not exhaustively settled ahead of time. To whatever degree the future is yet open to be decided by free agents, it is unsettled​
NONSENSE

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I like to do it, if a Messianic Jew (or other Jew interested in our King) does a search of Yeshua combined with other search terms, it will be found on a search engine on the internet. It's a little way of bringing the Gospel to all, Jews and Gentiles alike.
Are you Jewish?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Allot of posts here.. 40 pages. So I am on the right page.. whos truth are we running with? Come on.. we need to at least share "this is what I believe". The sweet holy Spirit is not showing everyone a different meaning.

Lordship Salvation. Something that has never come up in my life. I think I know when it was first talked about 1950's? From all I have searched and read there are things with in it I fully agree with. Where I differ is Jesus(Yeshua) is real. This (Gospel) has to be more then just words right? So if its just words then.. hello YES we better see some change in a person.

But.. again what I believe is the word (sorry song "Jesus my sweetest friend". Prize wroth fighting for) <--hearing songs like that.. I just .. have to stop praise Him... your love is my reward.. the prize worth fighting for.. Jesus your worth my all.....

Sorry.. so I believe the word of God is alive. So I look at how I came to Christ.. I find out.. it was Him pulling at my heart. Though I believe in ALL the gifts and what not.. it was in a Baptist Church I was found a treasure in its self. So that sinners pray is real. John 3:16 Rom 10 9-10. I believed ( song.. I am thankful for the scars.. thinking about Him.. and that moment..) So I repented.. I believed in my heart.. I confessed Him with my mouth.

So I could have just said "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" See are not puppets.. but we live in a fallen world and this flesh loves to sin. But if you think YOU can change YOU you will always fail. It was is always will be HIM. He started something.. there is time and space with God. There is not.. Better Change NOW or your not saved!

Its not that simple. You KNOW so many things in YOUR life you never let go of. He wont do anything unless we ..haha song playing right now (Control some how you want me).. wow wow Praise you Father.. perfect timing again. So some give it all in a moment others can take a life time. Yet we JUDGE based on not the heart but the flesh. YES from what is written we expect to see something.

Did not Paul talk about this? He comes back and.. what? Your still drinking milk? Still saved. I don't know WHO came up with EASY salvation. Not for me. ...so it comes back to what HE started in YOU He will finish.. no? Yeah.. let go and haveLas
So I agree with let go. Don’t rely on your own strength. Let God’s Spirit produce fruit in you. Find rest in Jesus, our Sabbath Rest. Cease from your own works as God ceased from His. Be secure in His Grace. Rest in His promises...

But keep seeking, and keep learning, and keep stretching and reaching and pursuing God, because knowing Him more and more is worth it.

But keep running and keep climbing and keep looking and hoping and praying, and keep on with the labor of love, because His commission and the souls He loves are worth it.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
So is it fair to say that you hold to the Wesleyan Arminian view on this topic ?
On God’s Omniscience? No, that is pretty much the consensus among the vast majority of Christians.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
now your being silly .
Gregory Boyd, a well-known advocate of Open Theism says,

"Much of it [the future], open theists will concede, is settled ahead of time, either by God's predestining will or by existing earthly causes, but it is not exhaustively settled ahead of time. To whatever degree the future is yet open to be decided by free agents, it is unsettled​
NONSENSE
So then God knew this discussion was going to happen before it happened, right?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yep. Read it and see. Check Acts 4:28 and Rev 13:8 too
Ok so now we have the reality of Jesus eternally existing before the foundation of the world , check ✔. Ok so now
Did he determine this conversation? predestinated it ? ordained it ? which? Did he fore know this conversation and it was given in Christ before the foundation of the world ?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I don’t know if it was predestinated, but it was definitely foreseen by God.
On election and predestination, my view is similar to Arminianism. But I learned these things before I knew what Jacobus taught, and I was not taught them by a preacher either, but by studying the Word.

At the time, my pastor thought I was too Calvinistic.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Ok so now we have the reality of Jesus eternally existing before the foundation of the world , check ✔. Ok so now

Did he determine this conversation? predestinated it ? ordained it ? which?
This is getting silly. I don’t believe God is a micromanager, but on the other hand, I don’t know what might come from this conversation, what kind of effects it may have, good or bad, so I do not know the answer to your question

Does God ordain which shirt I wear? Doubt it.

I do know that God isn’t sitting there saying “ I never imagined they would say that!!!”

Or

“ wow, I thought he would wear the other shirt”.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I would say that God has the ability being out side of time to be able to view past, present and future. We are inside time.

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
By blood, not that I know of - however, some of the three Jewish tribes of Israel of whom has returned to Judea/Israel, as well as the other ten non-Jewish tribes of Israel who never returned, were scattered to the four corners of the earth and lost their identity. So by blood, that I do not know. If asked if I choose the Jew, from the tribe of Judah as my King Jesus Christ / Yeshua ha'Mashiach, son of King David, and follow in his Jewish ways, I would say I am Jewish in that sense. By blood my fatherly descent is South-African <- French <- Viking <- Maybe Phoenicians / Maybe Sea Peoples / Maybe Pagan European / Maybe Lost Tribes of Israel??

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I would say that God has the ability being out side of time to be able to view past, present and future. We are inside time.
I agree. So God knew that you would believe and He knew that you would be adopted before you believed.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
This is getting silly. I don’t believe God is a micromanager, but on the other hand, I don’t know what might come from this conversation, what kind of effects it may have, good or bad, so I do not know the answer to your question

Does God ordain which shirt I wear? Doubt it.

I do know that God isn’t sitting there saying “ I never imagined they would say that!!!”

Or

“ wow, I thought he would wear the other shirt”.
Does everything God ordain come to pass ?