Lordship salvation vs. "easy believism"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
During His earthly ministry. Yet in John 10:16, Jesus Is speaking in future tense
Where does it say ' gentiles ' ? especially as he is ...

24¶But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
We get that from 1 cor 15 .1-4
Part of Paul’s teaching is on how one is saved. The larger part is on life and how to live after salvation. In other words, called to believe and also called to be a disciple afterwards

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020

24¶But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Is Jesus speaking in present tense or future tense in John 10:16?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020

Read Isaiah. It might help your confusion.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Part of Paul’s teaching is on how one is saved. The larger part is on life and how to live after salvation. In other words, called to believe and also called to be a disciple afterwards
My point is about how your trying to join the dots .

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020

To the Jew first and also to the Greek.

The sheep that were the PRESENT fold in John 10:16 were Jewish believers. The sheep of the fold that He said would hear His voice IN THE FUTURE of John 10:16 were Gentiles. And they shall be one fold with one shepherd, THE CHURCH!!!

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Read Isaiah. It might help your confusion.
Who are the lost sheep Jesus Jesus only was sent for ? Who is it that Jesus only tells the diciples to go to ? JEWS . Thats why its 10 years after Acts 2 that see Peter and the disciples marvel that now the gentiles be granted in .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

The sheep that were the PRESENT fold in John 10:16 were Jewish believers. The sheep of the fold that He said would hear His voice IN THE FUTURE of John 10:16 were Gentiles. And they shall be one fold with one shepherd, THE CHURCH!!!
That's post hoc rationalization. Look how your adding to what is written? Trying to make it fit .

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020

Isn't it great looking back?
Two groups, one being called presently in John 10:16 and the other which will be brought in in the future of John 10:16 becoming One fold under one shepherd- the church which is both Jews and Gentiles. Easy

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Who are the lost sheep Jesus Jesus only was sent for ? Who is it that Jesus only tells the diciples to go to ? JEWS . Thats why its 10 years after Acts 2 that see Peter and the disciples marvel that now the gentiles be granted in .
The events Jesus spoke of in John 10:16 are spoken as being future from that time.

Nov 1, 2020
Maybe this will help. The law was given for the purpose of bringing us to Christ. Now it would be to our advantage to obey what God tells us to do after we’re saved. So that we aren’t chastened of the lord. But obedience to the law hasn’t anything to do with salvation. (Romans 3:28)

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
John 10:16. All the verbs are future tense. Hadn’t begun to be fulfilled yet. If the verbs were in present or past tense you would have a valid argument

They’re not. So you don’t.

Exegesis 101. Interpret gramatically

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Two groups, one being called presently in John 10:16 and the other which will be brought in in the future of John 10:16 becoming One fold under one shepherd- the church which is both Jews and Gentiles. Easy
You keep ignoring this point . His programme is only for ...24¶But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Notice no gentile sheep .
That's why we have no reference to gentiles being sheep . Its as Jewish a term as it gets .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
John 10:16. All the verbs are future tense. Hadn’t begun to be fulfilled yet. If the verbs were in present or past tense you would have a valid argument

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, GO NOT into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020

Except the first one.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Them also must I bring. (Future)

They shall hear my voice. ( future)

They shall be one flock. ( future).
Flock , Fold , Sheep , Shepherd, = always ISRAEL . You will not find these terms outside of a Jewish context. This is western ' me ' centered thinking being forced into the text .