Lordship salvation vs. "easy believism"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Where getting into speculation and not the scriptures now
Which is speculation? That the crucifiction did not always exist or that it always was in the mind of God? Which one do you think is speculation?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
The crucifixion only existed when who ever invented it .
Correct. But the Crucifiction of Christ was in the mind of God since when? Since it happened or before it happened?

Before.

So what's wrong with things being in the mind of God before they happen?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yep, and the Bible says that we were chosen in Him before the foundation of the world, HAVING BEEN predestinated...etc.
No Chosen for something. This was chosen before, IN HIM ..
So we know that once IN HIM we recieve all the blessings IN CHRIST JESUS . Not " God chose us to get converted later because God saw something about us " theology.
Paul is talking to ALREADY saved saints . They are ALREADY predestined . This happened along with verse 3 . Paul is telling ALREADY saved people what happened AFTER
13¶In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

They believed . AFTER not before.
Remember unless you became a proselyte they were strangers and without hope .

Paul is saying " 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

This happened at verse 3 .
3¶Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: ( notice the two dots : )
The Spirit has been resurrected. Its seated in Heavenly places IN CHRIST JESUS . Ok from this position we are CHOSEN TO BE ..... From here we are predestined. Predestined to what ?
us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

We become a child through the new birth . As a child we still need the ADOPTION . what's that? Glad you asked . We have a verse ( notice i haven't gone outside the text into philosophy)
23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Ok now you explain the text . I guarantee you will have to go into a philosophy about what took place ( supposedly) before the foundation of the world in God's mind. With no verse that says this .

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
No Chosen for something. This was chosen before, IN HIM ..
So we know that once IN HIM we recieve all the blessings IN CHRIST JESUS . Not " God chose us to get converted later because God saw something about us " theology.
Paul is talking to ALREADY saved saints . They are ALREADY predestined . This happened along with verse 3 . Paul is telling ALREADY saved people what happened AFTER
13¶In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

They believed . AFTER not before.
Remember unless you became a proselyte they were strangers and without hope .

Paul is saying " 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

This happened at verse 3 .
3¶Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: ( notice the two dots : )
The Spirit has been resurrected. Its seated in Heavenly places IN CHRIST JESUS . Ok from this position we are CHOSEN TO BE ..... From here we are predestined. Predestined to what ?
us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

We become a child through the new birth . As a child we still need the ADOPTION . what's that? Glad you asked . We have a verse ( notice i haven't gone outside the text into philosophy)
23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Ok now you explain the text . I guarantee you will have to go into a philosophy about what took place ( supposedly) before the foundation of the world in God's mind. With no verse that says this .
I don’t have to type several paragraphs to explain the text. I accept what it says and don’t need to add or take away anything.

So to explain the text...God chose us in Him before the foundation of the world that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love.

Period.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Foreknowledge in the mind of God... Acts 2:23

Not gnostic, btw.
What would having something in God's mind have to do with anything? Unless you are saying God has determined everything to happen .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I don’t have to type several paragraphs to explain the text. I accept what it says and don’t need to add or take away anything.

So to explain the text...God chose us in Him before the foundation of the world that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love.

Period.
it doesn't end with ' period ' . See this is your presupposition. All you need as a proof text for something your already convinced of and eph 1.4 is a prime candidate. Followed by 2thes 2.13 .

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
What would having something in God's mind have to do with anything? Unless you are saying God has determined everything to happen .
I said foreknowledge, right?

Did God foreknow all things?

Where did that knowledge exist? Perhaps in His mind?

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
it doesn't end with ' period ' . See this is your presupposition. All you need as a proof text for something your already convinced of and eph 1.4 is a prime candidate. Followed by 2thes 2.13 .
My explanation of the verse ended with a period. I am fully aware of the fact that Paul uses long sentences. But I said period because nothing more needed to be said to explain the verse

It’s self explanatory...unless you’re unwilling to accept what it plainly says.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
My explanation of the verse ended with a period. I am fully aware of the fact that Paul uses long sentences. But I said period because nothing more needed to be said to explain the verse

It’s self explanatory...unless you’re unwilling to accept what it plainly says.
Verse 4 is not in a vacuum.
Eisegesis (/ ˌ aɪ s ɪ ˈ dʒ iː s ɪ s /) is the process of interpreting text in such a way as to introduce one's own presuppositions, agendas or biases.It is commonly referred to as reading into the text. It is often done to "prove" a pre-held point of concern, and to provide confirmation bias corresponding with the pre-held interpretation and any agendas supported by it.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
What do you believe that verse is saying ?
Exactly what it is saying.

I don’t need to make verses say what they don’t say. Most of the time, the Bible is quite clear and not that hard to understand.

Unless you don’t like what it’s saying...