I’m glad, but curious as to why you are here, and continually saying you are lost?I feel like I walk away n turn away from him
If you believe that, what’s the point of starting basically the same thread, with the same message?
I’m glad, but curious as to why you are here, and continually saying you are lost?I feel like I walk away n turn away from him
Jesus said very plainly in John 10:28 that those He gives eternal life to (given WHEN a person believes in Him, per Johnb 5:24) SHALL NEVER PERISH.
Well stop it then.I feel like I turn my back on him
Have you built an ark? Why not? Do you obey animal sacrifices? Why not? Do you stone adulterers? Why not? All scripture is written FOR us, but not all scripture is written TO us. Audience matters...
Why be so confident that everything written in the bible is directed to you? This is why we have so many false teachers. For example, the prosperity gospel. Taking what was promised blessings to Israel and applying it to the body of Christ. Or water baptism for the forgiveness of sins. And works based salvation teaching. I could go on and on...
Taking what was promised blessings to Israel and applying it to the body of Christ.
Here's a thought experiment for you.
If I don't have to build an ark because it was a specific commandment to Noah, does anyone have to follow provisions that were specifically commanded to Joel? Does anyone have to follow provisions that were specifically given to OT Jews that were under Moses if no one alive today is under the priesthood of Moses? Do I have to follow provisions that were specifically given to a particular church in a Roman territory that I was never part of? At what point do we observe a general application of provisions? At what point do we say "yes, this part of the Bible applies to me" if everything is perceived as a dispensation to a target group?
Is it the Dispensationalist opinion that Christians should be following the Marcionian Bible? Is the Dispensationalist opinion that no Christian should follow any part of the Bible because each letter, epistle, or writing had an audience? Are the letters to Timothy just for Timothy?
At what point do we say, "yes, this applies to you"? In the Dispensationalist opinion, should Christians just throw out their Bibles because "none of it pertains to them"? I'm sure Dispensationalists would enjoy that.
If my parents gave me a Bible in my youth and stated "this is a message from God unto you", is that not a dispensation from God through my parents? Who are you, a stranger, to say otherwise? Who are you to break down exactly which books you think should apply to me or not? Who are you to tell me what God has dispensed specifically to me? Who do you think you are?
Why would I take advice from people that openly reject Gal 3:16? Who are you to reject the word of God? Who are you to encourage other people to reject the word of God?
Get thee behind me, Satan.
Here's a thought experiment for you.
If I don't have to build an ark because it was a specific commandment to Noah, does anyone have to follow provisions that were specifically commanded to Joel? Does anyone have to follow provisions that were specifically given to OT Jews that were under Moses if no one alive today is under the priesthood of Moses? Do I have to follow provisions that were specifically given to a particular church in a Roman territory that I was never part of? At what point do we observe a general application of provisions? At what point do we say "yes, this part of the Bible applies to me" if everything is perceived as a dispensation to a target group?
Is it the Dispensationalist opinion that Christians should be following the Marcionian Bible? Is the Dispensationalist opinion that no Christian should follow any part of the Bible because each letter, epistle, or writing had an audience? Are the letters to Timothy just for Timothy?
At what point do we say, "yes, this applies to you"? In the Dispensationalist opinion, should Christians just throw out their Bibles because "none of it pertains to them"? I'm sure Dispensationalists would enjoy that.
If my parents gave me a Bible in my youth and stated "this is a message from God unto you", is that not a dispensation from God through my parents? Who are you, a stranger, to say otherwise? Who are you to break down exactly which books you think should apply to me or not? Who are you to tell me what God has dispensed specifically to me? Who do you think you are?
Why would I take advice from people that openly reject Gal 3:16? Who are you to reject the word of God? Who are you to encourage other people to reject the word of God?
Get thee behind me, Satan.