Loss of salvation.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

HOKEY POKEY

You put your right foot in

You take your right foot out
And you shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey
And you turn yourself around
That's what it's all about

You put your left foot in
You take your left foot out
You do the hokey pokey

You put your right hand in
You take your right hand out
You do the hokey pokey

You put your left hand in
You take your left hand out
You do the hokey pokey

You put your whole self in
You take your whole self out
You do the hokey pokey

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Is there any verse in the Bible saying something about losing salvation that the person already had?

I do not recall any.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Salvation CAN NOT be lost, however NONE have recieved it yet:

Mat 24:29-31, “And immediately after the distress of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give its light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Aḏam shall appear in the heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Aḏam coming on the clouds of the heaven with power and much esteem. And He shall send His messengers with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His chosen ones from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.”

1 Corinthians 15:51-55, “See, I speak a secret to you: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible has to put on incorruption, and this mortal to put on immortality. And when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall come to be the word that has been written, “Death is swallowed up in overcoming. O Death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your overcoming?”

Exodus 32:31-33, “And Mosheh returned to יהוה and said, “Oh, these people have sinned a great sin, and have made for themselves a mighty one of gold! and now, if You would forgive their sin, but if not, please blot me out of Your book which You have written. and יהוה said to Mosheh, whoever has sinned against Me, I blot him out of My book.”

Psalm 69:27-28, "Add iniquity to their iniquity! Let them not come into Your righteousness! May they be blotted out of The Book of Life, and not be written with the righteous!"

Revelation 3:5, "He who overcomes, the same will be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name from The Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His malakim."

Matthew 10:22, “And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”

Matt 24:12-13, “And because of the increase in lawlessness, the love of many shall become cold. But he who shall have endured to the end shall be saved.”

Hebrews 10:36, “For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of Yah you may receive what is promised.”

Hebrews 3:14, “For we have become partakers of Messiah if we hold fast the beginning of our trust firm to the end.”

they shall gather together His chosen ones from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.”

Think about what you are saying here and it's consequences.

It comes across as saying we must keep ourselves saved in order to receive it.

Yet to me your first paragraph that you posted says as above.

HIS CHOSEN ONES. In red above.

Sorry it's out of sync. iPad not conforming.
Out of sympathy for EG

Last edited:

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
HOKEY POKEY

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey
Oooooohhhhh the Hokey Pokey as we shout out when doing it.

I'm sure it was Coky but I'm getting old.

Last edited:

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Jesus feared death greatly, but not physical death.
[Jesus] in the days of his flesh offered up both prayers and supplications, with loud crying and tears, to the one who was able to save him from death, and he was heard as a result of his reverence. Hebrews 5:7
The eternal cannot die since the eternal has always been and will always will be.

If there is any possibility the eternal could die then there is no possibility it is eternal.

Paul said he looked not to the things which could be seen, for the things which could be seen are temporal.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
HOKEY POKEY

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey

[video=youtube;VdZZYZipe2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdZZYZipe2w[/video]

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Is there any verse in the Bible saying something about losing salvation that the person already had?

I do not recall any.
But of the book of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou readest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Sep 4, 2012
With regards to your first point I can't Cee getting into or promoting Gnosticism.

Let's hope not. I was just drawing a line between what the Christian gnostics believed and the faith.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
But of the book of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou readest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Salvation is something that came after their fall so they could not lose it by the fall. They did not need it before.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
At what point does one lose their salvation?Lack of faith: Hope seen is not hope

What would cause this to happen? Loss of hope: Faith is the substance of things hoped for

Would you know who has lost it? What do the scriptures say?
:cool:
Lack of faith

Mark 9:24

24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

Lewiz

Mar 11, 2018
This probably won't be a long thread BUT

I would like ask those who believe that we can lose salvation the following.

1. At what point does one lose their salvation?
2. What would cause this to happen?
3. Would you know who has lost it?
G'day Bill. Good thread.

1. When they begin to live a life that intentionally practices sin & doesn't repent.

2. A christian's rebellion from God. Starts out with regular disobedience, usually the sin of omission, by not obeying the God's Word. Sometimes it's also pet sins they won't let go of.

3. According to Paul's teachings, they are fooled by strong delusion, so I would say no.

Now I have some questions for you: knowing every man has been given a measure of faith, and we have been saved by grace through faith,
1. Who is using this faith, Jesus or us?
2. Since the New Covenant is between God & man(God's grace & man using his gift of faith), how can some people justify a salvation when man quits believing & rebels, breaking the New Covenant?

Sep 4, 2012
Its either Christian or heresy.
Christian heresy as opposed to a Buddhist or Hindu heresy. It emerged and found it's fullness in early Christianity as a syncretism of Platonic dualism and Christianity.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I often wonder why this comes up. The bible is very clear it is not about losing salvation it is about not having a relationship with Christ to begin with. there are veres that do seem to suggest one can lose thier salvation. Yet the scriptures tell us of God ability to keep us from Falling. I would be too wrong not to mention only professing Christians ask this . The Unsaved do not.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Sometimes I feel like I lose my salvation just from wandering into the BDF.

: )

Lewiz

Mar 11, 2018
HOKEY POKEY

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey

You do the hokey pokey
EG, that has to be the best post on doctrine you've ever written! (Just kidding)